The One Who Left

1584

Chapter 1

The One Who Left

Rating : Light angst

Words count : 835 and 3.492 characters

 


 

A cold night breeze was blowing through the air, moving the leaveless twigs in a merciless night. A weak body that has enough energy to keep on surviving. The sound of many crickets that nowhere to be found, a dim light from not-so-many fireflies and streetlamps. Hasty steps on many cold stones. As I tried to keep walking along this footpaths, while my right hand was gripping high heels and purse and the other one was helping me to keep walking from a tree to another.

After many steps, my foot seems to be powerless so I tried to take a seat under a not-so-big tree. The tears started to streaming down my cold cheeks as I remembered what I have seen before. It was too clear to make the pain. I don't really know it was a misconception or whatsoever. But, that was one thing. It was pain that stabbed me right here. 

When I was trying to take a stand and continue my steps, my phone was rang. I look at the name on the screen. Sighed. I'm too tired.

"Krys? Are you okay? Please say you're okay!" his voice was a bit trembling.

"W-why need to ask for the nth time when you really know that you're right? I'm not freaking good! You know it well!" I'm shouted though a bit. It sounded loud enough where noone was there. I can't hold my tears back.

"Where're you? I will−" 

"Why? Why it's now?" I was sobbing hard as the pain in ankle was increasing.

"Soojung, plea−"

"You choosed her over me and it was legal that I knew right one thing. I'm not deaf, Junhong. I heard what have you said before. It was too obvious." I can't stand any longer again.

"Krys, it's not like that! I can explain." I can heard his soft voice.

But, here I was. His words was still buzzing in my ears. I'm trully remember how happy that face. "Explained what? There's nothing to be explained."

"But..."

"Okay, it's enough. And listen me carefully. Remember this..." I took a breathe for a while. "I love you so damn much. Like a crazy. Yeah, you know it well. But there's a thing that you'll never know, you hurted me that much. I was too tired to bear all the pain you gave. Eventhough it was too hurt, but I was still here. Don't you know why?" I have to make it clear just now. "Because I think it was you. I don't know why, but it was you. And now, it was all wrong."

"Soojung..."

"T-this would be my last wish. From now on please make her happy. Let me go and I was happy enough of the fact that you're ever be mine. I can get through the day myself, though without you is heavy. Yeah, when .. I try. And this day, is the day that I end this endless-drama. Please stay away from me, because I was fed up with your beautiful words." As I hung up the phone, I continue my steps. Dragging my foots into the darkness of the night as the snowfall turned heavy.

 

ㅡㅡㅡ

“So, whos the winner?”

 

“.......Yeah, I’ll tryAnd this day, is the day that I end this endless-drama.Please stay away from me, because I was fed up with your beautiful words.” The phone that lasted a fraction of an hour ends up with the sound of laughter that I really am hate. I really hate it when she laughing into the fate-game. 

Here. I was hurt too. It hurts when I realised I was hurting her. I don't really know what have I done to her. But, I know one fatal mistake caused the only other minor mistakes. It's my fault because I did not know what to do and another wrongdoings. A day when she had lost everything because of me. I'll try to live day-to-day, although she will remain in this memories. I hate myself when I repeat the same mistakes for the umpteenth time. 

Am I selfish? Am I a psycho? Or whatsoever. Yeah, it's me.

“Who's the winner?” she said as she emerged from the bathroom.

“No one. It’s fair” I lay down on the couch as I take a sip of Macchiato.

“Fair?" she looked me from the mirror.

I just hummed. "So follow your heart choices and make sure you won't regret it. Catch her, Junhong!”

"No it won't! Let her be my only past. I've assure you're my future. I'll here. Moreover, she doesn't want to see my face anymore and I never love her." Am I sure? I'm really sure I never love her. Just the feeling of not wanting to lose her. But, finally she goes away. 

"Let us face the challenges of the future, together." Then she smile. One of many things of her that I love. 

"Promise me. Don't leave me here in the cold night alone. Because it was too hurt." 

 


 

P.S: dam*! It was a mess. Sorry for my bad grammar and mistaken words. I was in hurry beacuse you all know my homeworks and tests. Oh god! But, next chapter I make sure I'll do my best. So please wait and subscribe! Comment also. It supports me. ><