You Belong With Me?

Makes Me Wonder

The final school bell rung, signaling the Beast members to go to the cafeteria and clean the place up. Since unlike you they prefer not bringing their textbooks to study or do any of the homework at all, well until the last second really. They decided to go to the cafeteria first, while you go to your locker and take all the textbooks, notebooks and etc that you need. After you closed your locker you started to walk heading to the cafeteria so that you would be able to help the Beast boys clean up the cafeteria, but suddenly.

"______-sshi!" someone yelled. You looked back to see Mika waving at you then running your way.

"Oh, Hi Mika-sshi what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in the singing audition thing?" You asked.

"I was but my partner got a sore throat" He explained as he scratched his head. 

 

---Mika's Flashback---

Yesterday Mika already planned a practice session with his partner Yuri, they met up at his house and Mika straightly decided for them to practice. 

"Okay now Yuri-sshi I think we should sing 키도 작고, 예쁘지 않지만..  (Although I'm not tall, or pretty), which is sung by Bebe Mingnon!" Mika explained.

"What? Are you crazy that song is too high for me! Besides aren't you a guy, I thought this song was supposed to be sung by a girl" Yuri exclaimed as she put both of her hands on he waist. 

"Don't worry I will make some changes to the song so that it would be a duet. Now let's start practicing! But first I want to hear you sing the full song so that I would know, which parts to change" Mika said.

"Well okay then" Yuri replied. Yuri then tried her best to sing the song but it was just too high for her. 

"What are you doing? Sing it higher! You're singing it wrong!!" Mika whined. 

"I'm trying my best-"

"But it's not enough! Now again and I want you to sing it right!" Mika cut her off. 

Yuri kept singing and singing the song all over again until she was too tired to sing anymore. 

"Too.. tired... done.. singing" Yuri stuttered. 

"Okay then but tomorrow at lunch I want us to practice again, got it!" Mika said. But Yuri only replied with a nod.

As Yuri went out of his house, Mika straightly closed and locked his front door.

"I bet she'll lose her voice by tomorrow.. and then I can sing with _____!!" Mika laughed.

 

---Back To The Present---

"Oh well that's unfortunate" You pointed out. 

"Yeah I know, by the way aren't you going to the audition? Since you're going to the wrong way" Mika lied as he pointed the direction to the room for the audition.

"Well Yoseob and Gikwang had to clean up the cafeteria with the other Beast boys so I can't" You explained. As you were about to walk away Mika grabbed your hand.

"Hey, since we both don't have partners why don't we sing together?" Mika asked.

"What? But we haven't practiced and besides I at singing" You said.

"No you don't besides what song were you planning to sing?" Mika asked again.

"Well we we're planning to sing If I Had a Boyfriend the duet that G.NA and Rain did" You pointed out.

"Don't worry I know the lyrics to that song! Let's go!" 

"But it'll feel like I'm betraying Yoseob and Gikwang..." You spoke. 

"Don't you think they want the best for you? I know you've got a great voice and they both would probably want this for you ____-sshi. Trust me" Mika assured. 

"Um... okay then" You agreed as you and Mika walked to the room where the audition is held.

 

---Meanwhile In the Cafeteria---

"Great, just great. I, I mean we and _____ we're supposed to be auditioning right now but Mr. Anger Management there just had to throw food everywhere" Yoseob emphasized. 

"True that" Gikwang agreed as he mopped the floors.

"Sure blame it all on me, besides you should be cleaning up not nagging" Junhyung pointed out.

"I'm cleaning up! Look" Yoseob said as he finally took a broom and tried to clean up.

"Yah! That's not cleaning up that's making a mess. I think it's better for you to nag rather than clean up" Hyunseung said. 

"But where's _____? I thought she was supposed to be here by now" Doojoon stated. 

"Maybe she was side-tracked by her fans on her way here" someone said. The Beast boys looked to the cafeteria door to find a group of boys with mops, brooms and other cleaning equipment. 

"Yo SHINee what are you doing here?" Dongwoon asked. 

"We heard about your situation and decided to help you out!" Taemin said. 

"Actually those lover boys over there wants to see _____" Key said as he pointed at Jonghyun and Onew. Just then the other Beast boys glared at them. 

"Woah woah woah, we just wanted to see her nothing more!" Jonghyun explained.

"Well that wasn't what you said when you saw her blog pictures-" Onew said but Jonghyun straightly closed his mouth with his hand.

"Haha funny Onew, so funny. But really where is she?" Jonghyun asked.

"We don't know either, she was supposed to be here but she never showed up" Doojoon explained.

"Maybe I should find her" Jonghyun said as he was about to walk out the door but Gikwang quickly grabbed his shoulder.

"Why don't you stay here hyung, while me and Yoseob find her. Besides she might think your a " Gikwang said.

"WHY YOU LITTLE!" Jonghyun started. But Yoseob and Gikwang made a run for it. 

"Those little... ARGHHH!" Jonghyun yelled.

"Calm down hyung besides we are here to help them" Minho explained.

"But.. but.. alright" Jonghyun gave in. 

 

---In the Hallways---

"_______, _____ where are you?" Yoseob said.

"Yoseob do you hear that" Gikwang asked.

"Hear what?" Yoseob asked back.

"Listen" Gikwang said. Both Gikwang and Yoseob stood in the hallways quietly then they hear it, you singing. But what they were shocked of was the fact that rains part was being sung my another person, which is as they have expected Mika. They both ran infront to the door of the audition room to see through a small opening of the door, you and Mika singing together. 

As you sung with Mika it felt perfect. You we're both in tune, in harmony and it just felt right. But you felt that something was missing, something you didn't know what. As you and Mika finished singing your teacher applauded you both. 

"That was spectacular, _____ and Mika you both will sing in the assembly on Monday!" your teacher stated.

"Really?" You asked.

"REALLY!" Mika cheered. 

"I can't believe it" 

"Me either" Mika lied. *Well not really I planned all this so, yeah. But now I can get a chance with ____!* Mika thought.

"Now you two can leave" your teacher shooed. As you both left the room both Yoseob and Gikwang decided to hide. 

"So _____-sshi do you want to practice maybe this weekend at my house?" Mika asked.

"Sure I have no problem with that" 

"Oh by the way, maybe we should drop the formalities. Can I call you just _____ without that sshi? And you can just call me Mika or maybe Mika oppa" Mika shyly said.

"Sure Mika oppa, sure" You chuckled.

"Great, can you give me your phone?"

"Sure" You replied as you took out your phone from your pocket. Mika straightly snatched it away and put in his number.

"Here now you have my phone numbers, if you have any questions on how to get to my house and what time just call" Mika said.

"Okay then oppa, I better go.. Bye!" You said. 

"Yeah byee!" Mika said as he watched you walk away. Soon as he thought he was alone the other DGNA members entered. 

"Well that took you long enough" Hyunmin said.

"What? At least my, I mean our plan worked!" Mika stated.

"Now you've got a chance with ____! Right hyung" Jay said.

"Right Jay. Now let's go to my house to celebrate!" Mika said with joy.

"Sure lets" Karam replied. 

"Is there gonna be food there?" Injoon questioned. 

"Of course, stupid. What celebration wouldn't have food--" Karam started as they all walked away. Then Yoseob and Gikwang went out of hiding.

"I knew there was something bad about him!" Yoseob said.

"We have to tell the others!!!" Gikwang said as he started to run back to the cafeteria, and soon Yoseob followed. 

 


Slight appearance from SHINee! :)

Sorry Jonghyun got most of the action since he is one of my biases hehe. 

So until the next chapterr~!