final.

This Is Love

“This is a warning for you not to fall for me, even if I try to seduce you,” Irene said, staring long and hard at Wendy’s face. She meant what she said, every word of them. It might sound ridiculous but the whole thing was ridiculous from the start anyways.

 

Did Wendy seriously thought that nothing was going to happen between the two, after using Irene as her safety net in getting away from all her pursuers?

 

Irene used to live a normal life. A life filled with skinships with the rest of her members but now, she couldn’t even do it without much thought. Since her head is pretty much occupied with Wendy.

 

Wendy this, Wendy that, Wendy blah blah blah.

 

“If you don’t want me to fall for you, then you shouldn’t even be trying to seduce me in the first place!” Wendy squealed in frustration but it didn’t even make the older girl flinch or budge from her spot.

 

“Tell that to my heart,” Irene sighed exasperatedly and reached for Wendy’s hand, placing it on her chest. “I don’t even have the power to control it anymore.”

 

All Irene got in return was a wide-eyed Wendy, who had agape, probably at lost for words. She couldn’t blame her for doing so though. Even Irene couldn’t believe what love had turned her into. Where had all her dignity and pride went to? She couldn’t remember the last place she had left them behind.

 

“I’ve got you speechless, didn’t I?” Irene smiled charmingly. “See, this is the kind of seduction that I’m talking about.”

 

“Unnie. Are you sick anywhere?” Wendy gave her an incredulous look.

 

“Yes. Right here.”

 

It was Irene’s turn to put her hand over her chest, still stuck with the smile on her face.

 

“…This is so frustrating.”

 

“Oh? What’s this? You were the one who’s desperate to hold on to me before.”

 

“It’s not as if I wanted to, I had to,” Wendy tried to defend herself, and was about to say more but it only took Irene to press her lips against Wendy’s to silence the younger girl.

 

Her face was burning, she couldn’t breathe. It was just a simple kiss from Irene and it only lasted for a few seconds but it was enough to stop her blood from circulating. The look on Irene’s face turned into a concerned one as she pulled away from Wendy.

 

“Hey, are you alright?”

 

And before Irene knew it, Wendy had already collapsed into her arms. Who knew that a kiss was enough to knock the girl out?

 

Now, what was she supposed to say to the hospital staffs if she were to take Wendy to one? Surely she’s not going to tell them that Wendy fainted because of her kiss.

 

-

 

So Irene ended up dragging the younger girl to the taxi, back to their dorm and she was thankful of the fact that Seulgi and Joy was already deep asleep by the time the two of them had gotten back.

 

Of course, she had a lot to explain to the two members the next morning though, after seeing a knocked out Wendy on her bed. But she skipped the part where she kissed Wendy. Well, she basically told the bear and the maknae a made-up story to be honest but hey, they bought it.

 

It was around one in the afternoon where Wendy finally regained her consciousness, fluttering her eyes open and the first thing that she saw was Irene, sitting next to her.

 

“Unnie?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“You were in my dream last night.”

 

“Oh? What kind of dream was it?” Irene chuckled, gently caressing Wendy’s hair as the younger girl continued to lie on her bed, her stomach lying flat against the mattress.

 

“You kissed me in that dream.”

 

“Hmm?” Irene raised her eyebrows in surprise but broke into a smile a few moments after. “Oh no dear, that really happened.”

 

“…It did? Along with all the conversation?”

 

“Yes. Including the part where I sort of confessed to you,” Irene closed the distance between the two, planting a kiss on the top of Wendy’s crown. “I told you not to fall for me even if I try to seduce you.”

 

“You know what you just said is not making any sense, right unnie?” Wendy managed to breathe out, taking a peek at Irene.

 

“I know,” the leader hummed softly, twirling the tip of Wendy’s hair using her finger.

 

“I’m sorry for dragging you into my stuff unnie. It’s my fault to begin with.”

 

“I know,” Irene said once again.

 

“I shouldn’t have used you as my safety net to get away from those guys.”

 

“I know.”

 

“And I’m sorry for raising my voice to you last night,” Wendy muttered under her breath, loud enough for Irene to hear.

 

“It’s fine. It was quite an interesting scene, I must say,” Irene flashed a silly grin. “Besides, it’s true that I was being ridiculous last night. Saying all that.”

 

“The part where I shouldn’t fall for you even if you try to seduce me?” Wendy finally managed to lift a smile. “Yes, it is to be honest.”

 

“I know,” Irene chuckled, bringing her lips to give a gentle peck on Wendy’s crown once again.

 

Silence fell between the two of them for a while and Wendy suddenly spoke up. “Say unnie, are you planning on asking me out?”

 

Irene thought for a while before answering her question. “That, I don’t know.”

 

-

 

Wendy was prepared to pull Irene into her embrace, seeing a familiar guy approaching her but to her surprise, the lad didn't even spare her a glance but instead smiled towards Irene.


“You’re Irene right?”

 

“Uhm, yes I am?” Irene replied, her eyebrows scrunched. She remembered seeing him somewhere and as soon as she took a glance at Wendy’s expression, it suddenly clicked to her that this guy was probably one of Wendy’s pursuers. “How may I help you?”

 

“I was wondering if I could get your number?”

 

Irene waited for Wendy’s reaction and as soon as she saw that Wendy wasn’t moving a muscle, Irene decided to go with a yes just for the purpose of annoying Wendy.

 

“Ye-“

 

“Oppa, she’s still with me,” Wendy suddenly pulled Irene into her embrace, forcing a smile towards him.

 

“O-Oh, are two you still together?” he cleared up his throat awkwardly. Same- couples usually don’t last long, he thought. He had been in the industry long enough to know.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Well, I’m sorry for disturbing you two then,” the tall lad quickly took his leave and it didn’t took him long to disappear from their sight. Irene immediately turned around to face Wendy, staring blankly at the latter.

 

“What was that for?”

 

“He was flirting with you.”

 

“And you decided to do me a favour by ing him? He’s pretty cute though,” Irene smiled playfully.

 

“U-Unnie, I thought that you like me?”

 

“And I thought that you don’t,” Irene giggled as she leaned in, whispering the words she knew that was enough to throw Wendy off a little. “Or are you starting to?”

 

-

 

The wind was cold, and so was Wendy. She was confused about everything. She was confused with the way Irene was playing with her. And she was confused with her own feelings. There’s a reason why she didn’t want any of those guys approaching her actually. Wendy wasn’t ready to let go of her feelings for her first love to which she didn’t even know her whereabouts at the moment. Yes, she’s gone. Yes, she had broken up with her. But no one could forget your first love easily. Ask any other guy about his first love, and he will still remember it vividly.

 

Whenever she goes on tv shows, there would occasionally be questions about her first love, so how on earth could she just forget her like that?

 

Irene however, was starting to confuse her, making her wonder whether it was worth leaving whatever feelings she had left for her ex behind.

 

Irene said it on her own, on not to fall for her even if the leader tries to seduce her but Wendy didn’t even know what that means.

 

What about the kiss that they had? Was that supposed to mean anything?

 

One second, Irene seemed sincere about her feelings and another second, it seems that Irene was just playing with her.

 

Wendy could never know what’s going on in their leader’s head. In fact, no one could, except for Irene herself.

 

Wendy snapped out of her thoughts as soon as she felt something being draped around her neck, and it turned out to be Irene, her nose all red as she tried to focus on putting the scarf on Wendy.

 

“Unnie.”

 

“What are you doing out here like this?” she said in a reprimanding voice, furrowing her eyebrows as she looked at Wendy.

 

“I just wanted to get some fresh air.”

 

“Should’ve worn something warmer, don’t you think?” Irene sighed after taking a full glimpse of the girl from head to toe. “It's cold out here.”

 

“Sorry.”

 

It was all she mutter out, the two of them standing in the middle of the sidewalk with no one to be seen nearby. Wendy had to admit that she was out of her mind to even walk in the cold with just her jeans on and her sweater. It wasn’t enough to keep her warm in the weather.

 

“Come on, let’s head back to the dorm now,” Irene sighed with a smile, holding out her hand for Wendy. The moment the latter took Irene’s hand into hers, it was then she noticed the slight tremor in Irene’s hand.

 

“Are you alright unnie?”

 

“To be honest? No,” Irene replied. “I forgot to wear my gloves.”

 

“You get cold easily, don’t you unnie?”

 

“What do you think?” Irene rolled her eyes, her cheeks turning red due to the cold weather.

 

“Would you like your scarf back?” Wendy smiled in amusement, trying her best not to tease the older girl.

 

“No thanks. You can keep it for now.”

 

-

 

Wendy ended up keeping the scarf to herself, that she even lied to Irene that she had lost the scarf while doing the laundry. Frankly, she liked the way Irene smelled. As much as she hated to admit it, she’s starting to really like Irene.

 

And she was scared of confessing her feelings to the older girl, for she is afraid that Irene wouldn’t felt the same, and that Wendy’s feelings would have to go into the bin again.

 

Wendy sighed as she hugged her knees, sitting on the balcony on her own. She was the only one up at that hour. Or, at least that’s what she thought. Wendy even managed to sneak out Irene’s scarf from the room, her hand clutching on it tightly.

 

“What should I do,” she whispered to herself, sighing deeply once again as she buried her face. Wendy was startled with someone’s voice suddenly appearing behind her and all the blood was drained away from her face as she realized who it was.

 

“Oh hey, you found the scarf,” Irene grinned, tapping on Wendy’s shoulder.

 

“Oh god, please don’t,” Wendy’s voice was muffled as she refused to face Irene. There’s nothing more embarrassing than this, she thought.

 

“Come on, you don’t have to be shy,” Irene chuckled and proceeded on sitting next to Wendy, humming a soft tune.

 

Wendy slowly lifted up her chin, to take a peek at Irene, who had a teasing smile playing on her lips.

 

“You’re going to tease the hell out of me, aren’t you?”

 

“It depends on what you’re going to say,” Irene shrugged. “So let’s hear it.”

 

Wendy bit her lower lip, her eyes fidgeting a bit. “Are you sure that you wanted to hear it? I’m pretty sure that you knew what I’m going to say.”

 

“Really? I could be clueless at times though,” Irene pretended to blink for a few times and gently poked Wendy’s arm. “Tell me.”

 

Wendy had to take in a deep breath, taking a glimpse of the beautiful leader once again. Once she said the words, she won’t be able to take it back, she thought. “I like you.”

 

“What was that?” Irene held out her hand to cup Wendy’s cheek tenderly, staring lovingly towards the younger girl.


“I-I like you, unnie,” Wendy sputtered.

 

“Say that again,” Irene murmured under her breath as she shortened the gap and the only thing that’s separating the two was the thin layer of air. Wendy shuddered upon feeling Irene’s breath tickling her lips and she repeated her words once again.

 

“I like you a lot.”

 

“That’s good then,” Irene smiled softly and pressed her lips firmly against Wendy’s, as if to claim that the younger girl is all hers. And she is indeed right. Wendy is all hers and she in return, is all Wendy’s.

 

-

 

“Why did you tell me not to fall for you though unnie?” Wendy looked up curiously, her arms wrapped tightly around Irene’s waist as they continued to sit at the balcony.

 

“Oh, that?” Irene smiled sheepishly and planted a soft kiss on the tip of Wendy’s nose. “I stole it from Master’s Sun. I just wanted something cheesy to say.”

 

“…Seriously? The drama Seulgi’s watching?”

 

“Uh huh,” Irene laughed. “Why?”

 

“I thought long and hard about it you know!” she whined, lightly hitting Irene’s shoulder. “I thought that it was something serious.”

 

“Hey, I’m sorry,” Irene smiled apologetically. “I am serious about my feelings for you, just so you know.”

 

“What about that time where I asked you on whether you were going to ask me out or not?” Wendy mumbled.

 

“That? Ah, I gave you my answer didn’t I?”

 

“Yes. You said that you’re not sure about asking me out,” a pout formed on her lips and Irene couldn’t help but to peck it in return.

 

“I was telling you the truth. I’m not sure on whether to ask you out first or wait for you to ask me out.”

 

“…I hate you.”

 

“Hey, no one told you to make your own assumptions,” Irene grinned as she gently pushed the younger girl on the floor of the balcony, pinning her wrists against the cold tiles. “Did you think that my feelings for you weren’t real and that I was just playing around? Gosh, you’re so cute.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“Will do,” she smiled and leaned in to mark the younger girl on her neck, to claim Wendy as hers and that was enough to shut both of them up. Of course, one of them ended up screaming and thrashing around later on. Who? Well, let your imagination run wild.

 

 

Author’s Note – Idk, I’m just typing out things that are on my head. Another weird shot from me. uwu;