Thirteen

Empty Vision

Chapter 13

 

Seungyoon and Jinwo stared at their friend who is in daze as of the moment. Jinhwan shook his head while going back at his homeworks.

Nam Taehyun had his hands under his chin while staring at Mino who is running around the field. The boy is admiring how the taller male is running gracefully, those tan legs and eyes sharp like daggers—but can stare at you in a gentle way. Lips so kissable—

“.” Taehyun muttered under his breathe.

Jinwoo patted his friend’s shoulder while giving him some food.

“Stop staring at Song Mino will you? Poor boy will melt in no time.” Jinhwan teased.

Taehyun didn’t respond, he just let out a sigh and came back on his day dreaming.

What happened on the past few days is driving him crazy. He doesn’t know the real stage of their relationship. Mino is such a hard person to read, he doesn’t know what to do when he is around the boy. He is shy to ask what is there to expect between the two of them, so maybe just being with Mino is enough.

Nam Taehyun is really in love.

“He is crazy.”

Jinwoo elbowed his boyfriend while looking gently at Taehyun.

“Speak for yourself, it’s not like you ain’t looking like that when you meet Jinwoo for the first time.” Seungyoon glared at Jinhwan but raises his hand in defeat.

“Shut up both of you.” Jinwoo said.

Taehyun now turned his attention to his friends.

“What should I do?” He asked, knowing that the three already knew what he is pertaining about.

“Talk to him.” Jinwoo answered, Seungyoon and Jinhwan nodded in agreement.

“Easy to say.”

“Try.”

Taehyun nodded and stood up from his seat as his eyes followed the movements of Mino. The tan male is now heading back to their dormitory.

“I’ll go.”

The three watched Taehyun run after Mino.

“Remind me to tell him not to fantasize Mino when I’m around.” Seungyoon said.

 

Mino stopped walking as he felt someone trailing behind him.

He smiled for he knows who it is.

He faced the person who almost fell on the ground.

“Good afternoon.” He greeted.

Taehyun nodded and gulp.

“Do you have something to say to me?” Mino asked, feeling what Taehyun really wanted to do.

“You read my mind?” The other asked.

Mino shook his head. It is true, he does not read Taehyun’s mind. As a matter of fact, he does not always uses his ‘mind-reading ability’ for he values privacy. But for some extreme circumstances, if it leaves him with no choice…that is the time he would read minds.

“Oh, okay.Uhmm… actually, I just wanna say uhmm, HELLO!” Taehyun said, emphasizing more on the word ‘hello’.

Mino chuckled. “Hi.”

Taehyun nodded, but he wanted to bury himself on the ground.

Nice Nam Taehyun, you are doing great. Taehyun can feel the sour taste of being sarcastic for himself. Oh how he wanted to punch himself.

“What is the matter Taehyun?”

Oh how Taehyun could feel his body shook just by the mention of his name from Mino’s lips.

“Are you alright?” Mino asked, the taller is looking at Taehyun as if the other is going to faint—which is by the way, really true.

“I’m fine. I’m fine.” Taehyun replied.

And being the most awkward person in the world (according to himself); he did probably the most idiotic move of all ages.

He ran without saying anything to Mino.

And he didn’t dare to look back.

 

 

Taehyun shifted on his bed, his forehead ceased and bullets of sweat is rolling down on his face.

 

Taehyun rubbed his eyes as he saw unfamiliar surroundings.

“Hello?!” He called out.

He walked and walked, trying to find the way out of the dark place. The smell is making him sick; he is not the nature body. The smell of the wet grass and soil is making his stomach twitched.

He is in a middle of nowhere.

In a middle of a forest, a place he never been to.

“Somebody help me!” He shouted.

But there is nothing.

He decided to walk again, trying not to fall over because of the branches and twigs.

And in just a blink of an eye, he found himself staring in the figure in front of him.

A guy.

Blue.

Dead.

Hanging on a tree.

 

And He screamed.

 

 

“He must have removed the ring.” Bom said to Mino who is pacing back and forth on the room.

“We need to think of another way.”

“Suggest one.”

Mino let out a sigh.

He sat in the chair beside the bed, he washed his hands over his face and let out a groan.

“We can’t prevent him from seeing things. In his sleep, that is beyond our power Mino.”

“I know.” He replied, but he wished the Taehyun would have some peaceful sleep. The reality is cruel enough for the younger, dream land should be kept light and peaceful for the boy.

“Just tell him not to remove the ring even when he sleeps or in bath.”

Mino nodded and the red haired doctor went on the bed side and brushed light the hair strands of the sleeping boy.

“Good thing we came just before Mr. Yang could take him.” She said with a sad smile.

“He knows we are protecting him, but he is not doing anything.” Mino said.

Song Mino have been guarding Taehyun’s room for the past few nights and when he heard Taehyun screaming he immediately went inside the bedroom and saw a panicking Jinhwan.

He had to get inside Taehyun’s mind to see what the other is seeing and to try to knock Taehyun down.

And what he sees is indeed a nightmare for the innocent Taehyun.

He had to call Dr. Park and they took Taehyun to his room with the help of Jinhwan.

He quickly put the ring on Taehyun’s finger, just in case another vision will appear.

Mino does not want the headmaster to deal with Taehyun’s ability, for he knows the old man would insists that Taehyun should continue to look for visions, disregarding the boy’s fear.

“The headmaster knows our every move Mino, he surely knows Taehyun is here with us. And I believe he will deal with us in no time.”

Mino pondered for a moment and want Dr. Park said is true.

“Let him take the test, maybe in that way we will come clean with the headmaster.”

And all Mino could do is to nod.

 

 

Taehyun swore that sleep is not a safe place anymore for him, and one obvious evidence is his growing eye bags.

“Drink some.” Jinwoo said as he offered a cup of his special hot chocolate to the young boy.

“What should I do hyung?” Taehyun asked, he clenched his fist as he tried to stop the tears from flowing.

“For now, try to relax.” Was all Jinwoo can answer. The older does know how to help Taehyun. He can see how his ability to see the future became like a curse on the younger.

He is desperate to help Taehyun, after all he is like a younger brother to him. With his feelings, he managed to approach Song Mino and asked for some help.

      “Don’t let him take off the ring.”

Jinwoo sighed as he stared at a certain green gem on Taehyun’s smooth finger.

      “It can stop his visions, and let him go with test with the headmaster.”

Jinwoo also developed a strong curiosity towards how is Mino acting like that with Taehyun.

      “Do you like him?”

      “No.”

The doe eye boy shook his head while smilling.

      Mino stared straight in the eyes of Jinwoo.

    And said, “I think I love him already.”

 

 

“The test didn’t work on you this time, seems like your ability is really hard to deal with.” The headmaster said.

Taehyun nodded, trying to ignore the sick feeling in his stomach and head. The test and the drug are really not good to experience.

 “I want you to meet Ravi, he possessed the same ability—maybe he could help you.”

And soon a boy with bright blue hair came inside the room.

“Mr. Yang.” The boy greeted, he then caught Taehyun’s eyes and gave him a cheeky smile.

He looks familiar.

“Ravi, this is Taehyun—a freshman. And Taehyun, Ravi is a junior here. I expect you both to work together and help each other out. You are our only two students who have the ability to see the future.” The headmaster said.

Ravi lifted his arm towards Taehyun.

The other hesitated at first, feeling something déjà vu with the whole ordeal. He is sure he saw the boy somewhere. But he just shrugged the idea off.

Of course, he is my schoolmate; I should’ve seen him in the hallway or somewhere. He said to himself.

The two students shook hands with each other.

 

Mino saw Taehyun getting out of the laboratory room.

His eyes squinted the moment he saw the younger with a guy. He recognized the man, with blue hair—no doubt it is Ravi. The boy with the same ability as Taehyun.

The tan male walked in a fast pace towards the two figures who is talking as if they have known each other for a long time already.

“Wow that is awesome. So you can catch a glimpse of the future whenever you wanted?!” Taehyun asked with an obvious cheerfulness on his voice.

“Yeah, I could teach you how to y’ know. How about this coming Saturday? Come by on my dorm and we’ll talk about that ability of yours.”

Taehyun nodded like a child, he really wanted to control his ability. Maybe hanging out with Ravi will help him to improve his powers.

“He can’t.” Said a deep voice.

Taehyun looked around and saw Mino standing behind them.

He swears his heart almost jumped right out of his chest.

“Song Mino.” Ravi said with a slight bow.

Mino nodded and grabbed Taehyun’s wrist.

Ravi let out a smirk as he watched two figures walking away from him.

“Love.” He chuckled.

 

Taehyun stared around him.

The place is cozy and the light is so dim. He can hear silent chatters of the couples around him. Yes, the resto is filled with couples, hugging, holding and kissing each other. And the pale boy will die of awkwardness.

“Eat.” He heard Mino said.

Taehyun looked at the man who is sitting across him. Mino is eating his pasta, not minding what is happening in their surroundings.

“Uhmmm, Mino… I am not hungry. Can I just go back to my dorm?”

Mino looked at Taehyun. The younger gulped and nodded before eating his food.

“Are you afraid of me?” Mino suddenly asked.

Taehyun shook his head. “I just don’t want you to get mad at me.”

Mino raised a brow and he can’t ignore the warm feeling inside his chest.

“They said this place serves good food, and I just want to see if it is really true,”

“Oh, well… Uhmm… their Lasagna is really good.” Taehyun said.

Mino tilted his head as he noticed how the other is avoiding his eyes.

“Is there any problem?” He asked.

This time, Taehyun looked at the person in front of him.

“Sorry?”

“You looked troubled.”

Taehyun looked down on his lap, he is not sure how to answer Mino. He wanted to let out everything that he is feeling. He wanted to ask for some help. He wanted Mino to hug him like those times where visions would hunt him.

Taehyun wanted Mino’s attention; and the boy wishes Mino can read what he is thinking.

“Confused. I am confused.”

 

Mino put his coat around Taehyun’s slender shoulder.

They are walking in silence in a park. There is nothing around, only the sound of the wind and the rustling of the swings. They are at peace.

“You enjoyed the date?” Mino asked out of the blue.

Taehyun looked at the person beside him with his mouth almost on the floor and eyes bulging out from its sockets.

A date?

“I mean, I could take you somewhere else next time.”

Taehyun feels like he is going to faint.

“So…?” Mino is nervous, Taehyun is not answering him and the other is really acting weird tonight.

“A date.” He heard Taehyun whispered.

Silence.

“Do—you, well… Do you like me? I mean, like… you see, we kissed a couple of times already. And then you said tonight is a date. So… I was wondering. Okay, so what are we?” Taehyun asked.

Mino’s mind went blank for a while. He does not know what to answer think or even say.

True, what is their status right now?

“What do you want me to answer?”

“I like you.” Taehyun confessed, he himself is shock with what he just said.

Mino felt like his heart is about to explode. His hand immediately found its way on his chest as he tried to calm his own heartbeat.

Song Mino has never been caught off-guard, not until now.

“That is good. I feel so light after my confession.” The pale boy is laughing already while the tan male is looking at him, trying to comprehend what is happening.

“I like you too.” Mino blurted out

 

 

 

 

Happy New Year!

Comment/Vote/Subscribe :)

ShoutOut to the admins of NamsongFictions in twitter ~^^

Congrats Winner, 2014 is such a good year for all Inner Circles.

Here we come 2015 ;)