Mommy

That's not cute

Chapter one: Mommy


"Mommy, Daren is bullying me!’"

The child cried as her sobbing resonated in the whole classroom full of children of her age. Some were busy playing with their newly bought toys; some were at the arts section of the room – unleashing the creativity hidden within them and some were running around the room – playing a never ending game of tag.

“Hush now Mimi. Mommy’s coming for you!” the blonde kindergarten teacher shouted as she appeared amidst the crowd of children and swept the young girl off her small feet, successfully erupting an innocent laugh from the little girl. 

After securing Mimi on her waist, she cast a playful look towards Daren, the young boy who apparently bullied Mimi before she exploded from anger.

“Mommy! He's mean, he called me ugly!” Mimi huffed as she pointed a finger to Daren who was standing on the white tiled floor, looking guiltier at each passing second. 

Nana chuckled. Kids these days are full of surprises, she thought as she noticed that there was a look of regret on Daren’s face.

Apparently, he likes Mimi but is just too shy to tell her. One unsuspecting day, she caught Daren scribbling down Mimi’s name on his beautifully decorated valentine card. Since that day, Mimi has been gushing on and on about how she wants to find her prince charming and Nana could only giggle remembering how tomato red Daren was.

“Now Mimi, I’m sure Daren didn’t mean what he said. Am I right Daren?” Nana softly said as she slowly went on her knees so that Mimi and Daren were on eye level.

“Yes, teacher's right - I’m sorry Mimi. I was just joking, I never wanted to make you mad. Actually, you’re very pretty. Please forgive me.” Daren said with a tinge of regret in his voice as he hopefully stared into Mimi’s tearful eyes.

Nana smiled as soon as the words of apology left Daren’s mouth, she spun her head to face Mimi who had a look of utter disbelief on her face. Soon after that, the shock on her face dispersed and was now facing on the floor, trying to hide her red face as she  occasionally steal glances of Daren who was still waiting for her reply.

Nana grinned at the little scene that was unfolding right before her eyes, she looked at Mimi who was still not responding and Daren, who was feeling tortured because of Mimi’s unresponsiveness.

“I should step in before things get even harder.” Nana muttered under her breath as she gently shook Mimi, snapping Mimi out of her reverie before hearing a disappointed Daren say, “Its okay, you don’t have to forgive me.”

Before he could even walk away, Mimi abruptly jumped out of Nana’s firm hold and embraced Daren who was at a loss for words. To say that Daren’s shocked is an understatement, he’s astonished!

“Mimi?” Daren managed to croak out in their embrace.

Mimi slid her arms down from his neck and onto his small hands as she laced their fingers together. “Promise me that you won’t call me ugly anymore?” Mimi hopefully said as she swung their hands back and forth while staring at the floor - awaiting for his reply. 

“Y-Y-Yeah, I p-promise.”

Mimi heard Daren stutter s her head jolted up in happiness, a lovely grin donning her face. Gazing right into his amber eyes, Mimi said in a pleased tone, “Really?”

“Yeah, I promise.” Daren repeated once more to please the lovely girl in front of him.

He can’t help but notice how cute she gets when she smiles. It was better than the constant scowl that’s always on her face when she’s with him. Starting from now, he thinks that it would be better to make her happy instead of teasing her to get her attention.

Nana heard Mimi chortle with laughter as she pulled Daren away from there and into the arts section where they spent most of their time together, not to be disturbed by the others. Nana marvelled at how fast they managed to make up with each other considering how their relationship with each other previously was.

This is one of the reasons why she opted to become a kindergarten teacher instead of a lawyer, even if the children were a handful, even if they can only cause trouble, even if they can be overbearingly loud – at least their world was full of truth and not lies.

“I guess things are getting interesting.” Nana said as she tended to the other children who needed her help, might another love story be unfolding? She simply loves her job as a kindergarten teacher.


“Thank you so much mummy! I love you!” Mimi shouted as she mounted into the black limousine before completely disappearing from Nana's vision.

Nana sighed as she entered and started to clean to classroom, it was the cleaner’s job but she just feel obliged to clean the childrens' mess. The cleaner already has his hands full, it wouldn’t hurt to move a muscle and lend a helping hand right?

She started to pick up the toys scattered on the floor as if it was arranged by the children to make a pattern on the boring white tiled floor. She suddenly remember how Mimi called her mommy today and this successfully produced a giggle from her. Oh how cute Mimi was, calling her mommy even if she wasn’t her mom.

She knew that Mimi’s mom died when giving birth to her and that Mimi would inevitably lead a difficult as she would grow up without experiencing a mother’s love. Mimi calling her mommy made her bustling with happiness because it reminded her that she’s doing a great job as the childrens' second mother.

She carefully placed all of the toys in the toy boxes as she went to the arts section and picked up all the drawings the children had done. She couldn’t help but smile as she scanned through the drawings made by the children; all of them were beautifully drawn albeit the funny looking stick figures but the rest were just fine. She then saw a drawing with three stick figures, one labelled me, another labelled daddy and the last one labelled mommy.

This immediately made her face scrunch up as Mimi, once again entered her mind. She knows that Mimi was in good hands because one thing for sure is that she’s the daughter of the heir to one of Korea’s biggest company – Bitech. A company which specialises in making almost everything, clothes, toys, computers and domestic things - a world renowned company! but because of that Mimi didn’t only grow up without a mother’s love but also a father’s care. She noticed that Mimi was always picked up from school by her driver; even he didn’t care that much for Mimi! Letting her walk to the car by herself, oh she’s going to make sure that he treats her Mimi right next time!

Nana sighed as she looked around, making sure that the classroom was clean before she swiftly switch off the lights and went outside to face the hustle and bustle of New York City, not forgetting to place the drawings on her table.


“I’m home!” Nana said as soon as she stepped through her apartment door, knowing that no one would answer her.

Of course no one would answer her calls, she’s living alone for heaven’s sake but by doing so, it makes her feel that her family’s with her. She terribly misses her family, her supportive father, her gentle mother, her annoying brother and her pet cat but what can she do? She needs the money, they need the money to pay back all of her father’s debts. Her father was an avid gambler, thinking that it would lift them off poverty for good but in the end, it had the opposite effect. Her father had stopped gambling after much advise but he managed to acquire a total of a hundred million debts to a certain casino.

She threw her apartment keys on the dining table as she plopped down on the couch, her hands were roaming around the couch, feeling for the remote control of the television. Giving up, she stood up from the couch and headed for the bedroom where she immediately jumped on her soft inviting white bed.

She knows it’s bad for her health but seriously who cares? There’s nothing else to do. Other than work, there’s nothing that she can do. Nothing seems to interest her these days and taking a good nap does seem like a good idea that time. Recently, she has been staying up late just because she couldn’t sleep. It has always been like that; she tries to sleep early but couldn’t do so. 

Slowly and steadily, she drifted off to dreamland, wondering when her boring life would make an interesting turn not knowing what would hit her the next day.


Next Chapter: Daddy


Sorry for the boring chapter. Next chapter would be even more boring ~ Haha xD 

My eyes hurt from proof-reading o.o I'm sure there are still grammatical errors in this chapter. My english is not that great okay? 

This fic was made just for fun, as in unplanned so don't expect me to update it regularly ~ Drop by a comment if you feel like it ^^

and who should I pair up my our lovely sekushi kitsune♥ with?~ I don't know who to pair her up with ;~; suggestions please? ^^

Good day!!~ ♥  

edited: 18/4/12