Sing to Me

Nightingale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I can't sleep tonight
Wide awake and so confused
Everything's in line
But I am bruised

 

These past few days, I've been laying in bed just staring at the ceiling mindlessly. I've been having this terrible nightmares. It's the same horrifying nightmare every night. 

 

In my dream... No scratch that. In my nightmare, Wendy, Seulgi and Joy are included. All of them are having fun. They're having fun without me. Specially Wendy. The girl that I like the most. 

 

Whenever I approached them, they will just ignore me. I can even see them laughing at me because of my desperate attempts for them to notice me. 

 

What's wrong? Am I really a bad leader? 

 

But what bothers me the most is the part where Wendy's running away from me. And the background is Seulgi and Joy's laughter.

 

What's up with that? Wendy will never leave me. Right?

-

 

I need a voice to echo
I need a light to take me home
I kinda need a hero
Is it you?

 

Another restless night. I keep on tossing and turning on my bed, but to no avail. I guess I just have to deal with this. 

 

I heard a snore from the other side of the room. Cute. I giggled. 

 

These past few days, I've been having this warm, fuzzy feeling whenever the blue-haired girl is around me.

 

Just a slight touch from her is enough to make my heart flutter. 

 

A familiar voice stopped my train of thoughts. 

 

"I really like you... No, I mean, I Iove you." Wendy mumbled in her sleep. 

 

Oh no. There goes that alien language again. I'm sorry, but I'm really not that good in English. 

 

Is she awake? I wonder what she's dreaming about. 

 

"Bae." she mumbled again. 

 

Bae? A sudden realization hits me. 

 

She likes someone and she's calling him her babe! Oh no. 

 

And with that thought, I can say...

 

Goodbye sleep! And hello to you, sleepless night! Ugh. Note the sarcasm there. 


-

 

I never see the forest for the trees
I could really use your melody
Baby I'm a little blind
I think it's time for you to find me

 

"Unnie! Are you okay?" Seulgi asked me with a hint of worry in her voice. 

 

"I'm fine, Seul. Don't mind me." I shrugged and plastered a smile. 

 

We were in the middle of our break when I suddenly felt dizzy. Seulgi was the first one who came to me. 

 

"Okay then." she gave in after my several attempts of assuring her and scurried to where our dear maknae is. 

 

I really won't admit anything to them even if I'm dying in pain. I just don't want to worry them. I mean, I'm the leader so I have to be tough. 

 

I heard footsteps going near me. 

 

"Stop acting like you're fine when you're clearly not." I heard a voice beside me. A voice that makes both my heart and mind insane. 

 

"What are you talking about?" I feigned innocence. 

 

"You exactly know what I'm talking about." she sat beside me and stared at me. I bowed my head and desperately tried to hide the blush that's creeping on my cheeks. Damn. Why is she staring at me like that?

 

Not to mention this is the first time ever that I saw Wendy this serious. What did I do wrong?

 

I kept silent and didn't bother to raise my head up. 

 

Wait. Why is she intimidating me? I'm the leader here!

 

"Bae Joohyun, tell me what's bothering you." she commanded in an authoritative tone. 

 

"Nothing." I decided to just let her be. I'm not in the mood to argue with her anyways.

 

"Have you been sleeping properly?" she asked me again in her concerned tone. 

 

"Yeah." I don't freaking know what to answer, okay? You can't blame my stupid heart who's palpitating whenever the girl's with me. 

 

"Stop lying to me." she placed her hand on my shoulder and used her free hand to cup my chin. 

 

I raised my head up and immediately regretted doing so. She was staring at me and that was enough to make my heart pound. 

 

I bet you 100 bucks that my face is probably redder than any red thing you see right now. 

 

"Joohyun, are you just going to gawk at me whole day?" she raised her eyebrows while her eyes seemed to have its own teasing glint directed at me. 

 

Why is this girl torturing my heart? 

 

"I... Uhm. I was just..." I trailed off not really knowing what to say. 

 

"Girls, break's done! Get ready for another rounds of strenuous activities." our choreographer Unnie shouted. 

 

"Thank God." I muttered almost inaudibly. Unfortunately, she heard me. 

 

"We're not done yet, Bae Joohyun." 

 

Is it just me or her voice really sounded ier than normal? Ugh. I'm going crazy. 

-

 

Can you be my nightingale?
Sing to me
I know you're there
You could be my sanity
Bring me peace
Sing me to sleep
Say you'll be my nightingale

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter