Rules

Curing Sadness

-"You know the rules" Sooyoung said in a mocking voice, trying to imagine what Tiffany's voice would sound like.

She felt bad for what she did after and scrambled her hair around in frustration.

-"Are you okay?" Jessica asked.

-"I am...I am?" Sooyoung said.

-"I don't know, are you?" Jessica let out.

-"I think I am" Sooyoung said.

-"Sure..." Jessica said a bit hesitant.

-"So, no black haired girl?" Jessica suddenly asked.

Sooyoung was startled by her question, she opened her eyes in surprise before looking at Jessica.

-"No, no black haired girl" Sooyoung said nervously.

-"Too bad, I hoped she was real, she was so beautiful" Jessica said as she grabbed her bag and keys.

-"Maybe she was my guardian angel" Jessica said as she looked at Sooyoung.

Sooyoung let out a small laugh.

-"You think that's funny?" Jessica said.

-"I...I don't know, farfetch'd" Sooyoung let out.

-"Yeah, farfetch'd" Jessica said as she got out of the apartment, Sooyoung following her close behind.

-"You know what isn't farfetch'd?" Sooyoung suddenly asked.

-"What?" Jessica answered.

-"The shift you gonna start right now" Sooyoung let out as she got off the elevator first, they got out of the building and walked down the street.

-"C'mon, really?" Jessica let out.

-"Really" Sooyoung answered.

They walked inside the bar, there were many girls lined up. Jessica joined them. Sooyoung got up some stairs in the back, she opened the door and walked inside her office. A girl was sitting in a smaller desk beside hers, she had a calculator and glasses, she was doing accounts clearly, Sooyoung had always been a zero at math and she was probably too lazy to do it also.

-"You're early" The girl said as she looked up from the books.

-"I know" Sooyoung said.

-"It was Jessica wasn't it" She asked.

-"Yes, Seohyun, it was Jessica...again" Sooyoung said.

This girl was Seohyun, she who worked for Sooyoung so she could earn money to finish her studies. And she mostly kept to herself, Sooyoung being the only person she maintained some kind of relationship with.

-"I don't understand why you insist on keeping her around" Seohyun said.

-"Because I do" Sooyoung let out.

-"In fact I don't understand why you keep any of them around, what a bunch of misfits" Seohyun said as she walked to the window of the office and looked down at the bar, the girls were lining up.

-"You're forgetting you're a misfit yourself?" Sooyoung asked as she patted Seohyun's head.

-"No..." Seohyun let out, blushing a bit.

-"Good" Sooyoung said.

-"I guess it's time to start no?" Sooyoung said as she looked at Seohyun.

-"And you're going late" Seohyun let out.

-"I know, I always start late" Sooyoung said.

She walked out of the office and downstairs. She walked in front of the lined up girls.
Jessica stood beside Sooyoung. Sooyoung looked at each and every of the girl's faces.

-"You all know what you have to do" Jessica let out.

-"Let's start" Sooyoung said.

They each went their separate ways, as Jessica was leaving, Sooyoung grabbed her arm.

-"There's someone who might visit me, you send her upstairs as soon as you see her, no questions" Sooyoung said.

-"And this person is? She looks like?" Jessica asked.

-"You'll know when you see her" Sooyoung said as she walked back up the stairs and got inside her office.

-"What?" Jessica let out surprised.

She shrugged and walked to the bar.

A small girl with blond wavy hair was cleaning the counter. She looked at Jessica. Jessica smiled and the girl also smiled.

-"So, how was the hangover?" She asked.

-"Bad, slept in a park" Jessica let out.

-"Oh, that's lovely" She let out.

-"Hyoyeon, next time, remind me not to drink with you anymore" Jessica said.

-"I always remind you" Hyoyeon said as she kept cleaning the glasses.

Jessica only smiled at her as she got up and walked somewhere else.
She walked up to a small booth, it was the DJ booth.
The DJ was Kim Taeyeon a girl who worked here part-time so she could finish her singing lessons.

-"Everything okay?" Jessica asked.

Taeyeon looked at her.

-"Yes" She answered shortly.

-"Good" Jessica said as she left.

Taeyeon facepalmed. How will she be able to tell her she likes her, if she keeps talking to her like she's talking to a damm robot.
Jessica furrowed her brow, ever since Taeyeon had been around she has always been like that.
Weird.

Jessica lined up the remaining girls.

-"Okay, so, let's start" Jessica said.

-"Yoona you're on coat duty today" Jessica said.

-"What? Really?" Yoona let out.

A young girl, she was the newest one, she worked here to pay her photography course and supplies.

-"Yeah, c'mon, don't be like that" Jessica said.

-"Sunny and Yuri, you're with me" Jessica said at the two remaining girls.

-"Sure boss" Sunny said with a smile.

-"Sica, where can we have fun when we finish work?" Yuri said as she put an arm around her waist.

-"With you casanova, nowhere" Jessica said as her face was inches from Yuri's.


Tiffany was looking out the window. Sooyoung, what was she doing, she knows her rules, she knows the rules were made for a reason.
Tiffany had explained that reason. Sooyoung said she understood. Yet everytime she saw her, she told her to break more rules.
Sooyoung was throwing her careful created world to thrash, simply by talking to her. Tiffany looked up to the sky. It was nice today, not raining nor snowing.
Tiffany walked to the bathroom. It would only be this once, she could break her rules, just one time.
She thought as she took a long shower.


Jessica was attending to some customers when suddenly Yoona called her in the distance. She excused herself and walked to Yoona in the entrance.
Being in coat duty, Yoona was inside a small booth, with massive ammounts of hangers behind her. She was a bit of a concierge.

-"She says she's here to see Sooyoung" Yoona said.

-"Better she gave me this" Yoona let out.

A piece of paper read "Choi Sooyoung".

Jessica looked at the piece of paper with a confused look then at Yoona.

-"Who is here to see Sooyoung?" She asked as she walked with Yoona.

-"Her" Yoona said as she pointed to Tiffany who was there, just waiting.

Jessica opened her eyes in surprise...
The angel was real, she was real, she was right there in front of her.
Was she seeing things. Jessica closed her eyes for a moment.

-"Are you okay Jessica?" Yoona asked.

-"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine" Jessica let out.

-"I'll take her to see Sooyoung" Jessica said.

Tiffany was stunning, with a short white dress, her long and volumous hair and her make up. She looked beautiful.

-"I'll take you to Sooyoung" Jessica said as she stood in front of Tiffany.

Tiffany looked at her, expressionless. Jessica's heart surely skipped a beat when she looked at her face. It was the same girl she had dreamed of.

-"Would you please accompany me" Jessica said.

Tiffany nodded as she looked at Yoona and gave a slight smile.
 

She walked behind Jessica. Suddenly someone went against her shoulder. She stopped frowned and looked at who it was.
Some guy who looked too drunk to know his own name.

-"And who might you be?" He asked as he was walking closer to Tiffany. He reeked of alcohol.

He was about to touch her, when suddenly, Jessica grabbed his hand.

-"Don't touch, leave" Jessica said as she glared at him, a cold glare, that could even rip his soul out.

He just left, not looking at them anymore.

-"Are you okay?" Jessica asked.

Tiffany nodded.

Jessica knocked on the door. She opened it and let Tiffany come in.

-"She's here to see you" Jessica said as she looked at Sooyoung.

She looked at Sooyoung in search of answers. Why did she lie to her?
Here was the girl of her dreams, the black haired girl that couldn't exist.

-"Thank you, you can go" Sooyoung said.

-"Seo, go with Jessica" Sooyoung let out.

Seohyun got up and left with Jessica.

-"Never thought you would really visit, but I had a feeling" Sooyoung said.

Tiffany grabbed a few sheets from Seohyun's desk.

"I broke my rules because of you, just being here..." Tiffany wrote.

"Don't make me regret this" Tiffany wrote and showed Sooyoung, her face expressionless.

-"I won't" Sooyoung said with a smile.