Hero

A Winter Secret

I stared at the falling axe in horror. It seemed as though everything was in slow motion. 

Closer... Too close... It's too late.

I was prepared to face the ultimate consequence we call 'death'. Even though I was reluctant to be gone just yet, I was already knocking on Death's door. Slowly, I shut my eyes, I took a deep breath in and held it; waiting for the impact.

But it never happened. 

A gust of cold wind engulfed me in a fierry passion. Hesistantly, I opened my eyes. "Argh!" My eyes shot wide open and my head inched backwards, causing me to fall onto the comfort of the bed. The blade of the axe was about a centimetre away from my forehead when my eyes opened. In shock, I continued to stare at that dangerous weapon that could have almost took my life back then.

It took me awhile to get over the shock. The axe has been moved to a place further away from me. What moved it? Only then did I realise that there was something supporting the axe. My eyes trailed to the handle of the axe. Wrapped around it are long fingers of a human being. My eyes gazed at it for a moment; that alabaster skin.

Slowly, I trailed my eyes up to the strong arms and the white cloak my saviour was wearing. My saviour was a young man that looks around my age. He is blessed with smooth white complexion, big dark eyes, glossy light salmon hair. He gave me a gentle smile that melted my heart.

"Hey miss, you okay there?"

I was still paralysed with shock and utter amazement for this male specimen before me has saved me from the brink of death. My mouth was opened as I tried to give him an answer.

But I was stopped by him. He placed the axe aside on the table and reached out to touch my forehead. I felt like I was in summer once again when the temperature were extremely warm. His palm was pressed agaist my forehead, his face was right in front of me. His minty cold breath fanned against my cheekbone. His fingers were cold against my forehead.

His eyebrows furrowed as he concentrated; he bit his lips unconciously. We stayed in that position for a couple of moments before he broke away the contact. 

"Your temperature is definitely normal but you look like you're sick, miss." He announced, his finger pointed at me accusingly. My eyes never strayed away from his child-like facial features. I gulped, this person is weird. But after a while, I analysed his words. Only then did I realise I was blushing. I turned into a darker shade of red.

"I'm definitely not sick! Thank you very much." I declared loudly, embarrased.

He gave me an even wider smile, exposing his shiny white row of teeth. "Okay, if you say so." He shrugged as he turned towards the door. I gazed outside the window, it is snowing heavily outside. If he were to go out in this weather, the chances of him being able to survive this ordeal is extremely slim. Gathering my courage, I shouted.

"Hey! If you go out now, you can die. Maybe you can stay here till it stopped snowing?" I timidly suggested. I felt myself turning even more warmer. My heart is beating rapidly against my chest.

He halted and turned around. His eyes landed on me. Grinning, he said. 

"But that won't do." With a ghost of a smile, he disappeared behind the door.

And the snow out there seemed to seize.

---

Author's note:

Hey there friends! So I kinda feel bad for like giving a cliffhanger the previous chapter. So I had spent my day today typing this chapter out. Hahaha... So I hope you enjoy this one.:) Tomorrow will be spent in school cos I am preparing for school open house. Then Saturday is the actual event itself. I am getting kinda nervous and scared for it. But this will be my third time doing this event. And it will be a 'bye bye' to open house duties. 

Anyways, thanks to those who subscribed, commented or voted. I am extremely grateful! :) So until the next update!

-Blue