Final

Thinking Out Loud
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for jinwooeodiya. ♥

It is the same old night after work. People rushing on the bus stop, pushing others aside so they can get to the only bus available, since it's the time of the night where people just wanted to go home. I'm one of them. I just want to go home, take a very warm bath and sleep the whole day. Though, I guess I might not able to do the sleeping part because I promised my roommate we're going out tomorrow. There is this play he's been dying to watch, and he insists on me going with him. It's his birthday anyway, so I can't really say no. After pushing several people, I found myself inside the bus and thank God a seat open up for me, just what I need after another day at work. I pull out my phone to check my e-mails and messages. No e-mails, but 11 messages, from my roommate, alone.

“Where are you?”

“I haven't eaten yet, can you buy me take-out?”

“Pretty please.”

“I'm starving and there's no food on the refrigerator.”

“Are you going to ignore me?”

“Oops, it's still 2 p.m. guess you're still at work.”

“I'M HUNGRY SEUNGHOON”

“ Hoonie~ ㅠㅠ”

“I'm injured, remember? How can you go without remembering I can't walk?”

-

He's exaggerating it. Early this morning, I woke up from someone screaming so loud, I thought that someone is giving birth or something; and it turns out that that someone is my roommate, Jinwoo. I rushed out of my room to check him.

“What happened?”

“My laptop fell on my foot!” he cooed.

“Is your laptop still working?”

“At least show me you care.” he said, pushing me away.

“I'm sorry. Are you ok?”

“Gosh, get out and get me some ice.” I obeyed and walked out of his room.

“Here.” I said, handing out the ice pack.

“What are you even doing it fell on your feet?”

“I won't tell, it's a surprise.”

“Now, you have my attention. Spill it.”

“I won't.”

“Seriously, I might just cancel going with you on that play tomorrow.”

“You won't do that.”

“Try me.”

I snatched his laptop away from him and it turns out that he's already reserving a seat for two for tomorrow, and to top that, he's using my card.

“This is my card.”

“You know it's pretty expensive and I decided, I'll save you the stress from buying me gifts. So, I've done it for you.”

The thing is, I already bothered and stressed myself on buying him a gift.

“Don’t tell me, you already bought me gifts?” He said.

“No.” I lied.

“Good.”

After that conversation, I left for work and after years of working, this is the very first time I’m on time. Thanks to Jinwoo’s scream.

-

“No, seriously it hurts so I can't walk.”

“Fine, I'm going to ignore you too.”

I dropped by at the nearest restaurant near our apartment, and bought him and myself, nasi goreng. Jinwoo always meant take-outs as nasi goreng. We’ve been friends for that long, I know what his likes and dislikes. I send him a message, in case there’s anything he needs.

“I bought nasi goreng. Anything else?” He replied after a minute.

“I thought you’re going to let me die! and Nasi goreng. I really love you Hoonie. *v*”

I freeze, reading the message for like hours now. I can’t believe he messaged me that. Sure, he composed messages with cuteness, because he’s cute and adorable but still… I can’t breathe.

“What are you doing here? It’s freezing.” Someone said. I looked up from the owner of the voice, and it’s the guy that made me stand here in the first place.

“I’m freezing too! Let’s go.” He said, dragging me. He snatched the plastic bags on my right hand and run to the building. Sometimes, I think he only wants me for my food. We reached the apartment and suddenly I remember his message.

“I thought you can’t walk.” He look at me acting all cute. If he thinks I will let the topic go because he’s acting cute, then he’s right.

“Tomorrow is the day!” he cooed, heading toward to the couch so he can go back to his every night movie marathon.

“Come here, let’s watch it together.” He’s watching Great Gatsby and the opening credits just starts rolling.

“You’re watching it again.” I said, obeying anyway because no matter what I said, I’m going to watch it again with him. No matter how tired I am right now.

“It’s a great movie. Shut up!” He loves watching dramas and movies, and I think it’s one of his unspoken rule to drag me on his hobbies.

The movie finished with him crying, once again. I asked him one night on why he likes this movie so much. He told me, “Because he only loves her. Oh My God!” and start sobbing again. It’s ridiculous that he always cr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter