Chapter 2

Floor G

Thanks for the kind comments guys! hope you liked the first chapter (I know this story is a little slow to start but It will get interesting soon!!) please remember to subscribe so you can get notifications when I update, also comments and upvotes encourage me to update ;D hope you like this next chapter, I have so much planned out to write but I have to introduce everything and blablablablaaa haha, if you have any questions/suggestions please message me on my profile, or on my tumblr: http://sehun-ismystyle.tumblr.com/

-----------------------

10G

Luhan dried his face on his shirtsleeve as he walked out of the loud elevator. The pungent perfume of paint greeted him at the foot of his apartment, something he was accustomed too. But today, for some reason… it pissed him off.

In fact, as he looked around his humble home, all he saw was paint. On his easel, palette and even on the walls. His clothes smelt like paint. His hair smelt like paint.

Patches of his carpeted floor were shielded with newspapers. It was like he was living in an art studio.

“Maybe that’s why no one ever comes over; aye dragon?” He choked out.

Dragon was lounging on Luhan’s couch, a black mound amongst the secondhand floral patterns. Luhan walked towards him.

“aye dragon?” luhan lifted his paw up carefully.

Dragon looked up to see who had disturbed him. He seemed disappointed to see Luhan’s face and hopped off of the couch, leaving the room.

Luhan sighed.

Why am I so alone?

Luhan checked his phone. No messages. No calls.

Have I always been this alone?

He desperately checked his weibo and sighed in relief to see a notification, a message to be exact.

It said: "Hey luhan, how are you doing?(^∇^)" from his high school friend yixing. Luhan smiled and started to reply, when he noticed the date the message was sent.

"October the 4th?" About a month and a half ago.

" that can't be right!" Luhan stared at the date willing it to change.

Had he really allowed himself to be cut off from the world for so long?

His phone clicked off and he more or less fell asleep, in the middle of the day.  13 hours earlier than he usually would have.

9G

Xiumin woke up to the sound of the buzzer ringing. 

"Chen! The buzzer!!!"

No reply. 

Xiiumin whispered curses as he reluctantly threw on some pants and a shirt.

"Who is it?" He said after pressing the intercom button. He waited for a bit, to no avail. 

You've got to be kidding me

He sighed. It must have been some prankster kids who thought it would be funny he thought.

After looking around the apartment he realised Chen wasn't even home. He had left a note on the table.

"Peasent, if you're reading this it means i'm at suho's and won't be back for a while. Be a darling and pick up some groceries (since you f****ng emptied the fridge.) Love chen"

Below he left a list of groceries and $30 in cash.

Xiumin groaned at the extra work he had to do now and cringed at the idea of going to the grocery store.

What if she's there

What if she's in town

What if you see her on the way? What will you say? What if she asks about your thesis? What if she tells you-

"SHUT UP"

xiumin cupped his hands over his ears. Blocking out the voices. Blocking out the pressure...

The urge to release himself from the anxiety was overwhelming. He couldn't help but wish he were someone else...

His phone rang.

"Mum uh hi"

"Xiumin I'm in guangzhou"

"What? Why?"

"I'm seeing your father"

Xiumin in a breathe. His parents had seperated around 4 years ago, still married, but living seperate lives.

"I'll talk to you later"

For the first time in a while, xiumin was the last to put down the phone.

10g

"What the..."

Luhan woke up to a weird sensation on his face... 

"DRAGON WHAT THE " 

The cat jumped off of luhan's face with a screech, scratching his cheek in the process.

"I COULD HAVE DIED"

Luhan coughed and got off of the couch, groaning as his stiff muscles resisted any movement. He felt the scratch dragon created and winced in pain.

"COME BACK HERE YOU STUPID CAT"

Dragon had fled the room in a scurry after luhan had woken up. 

Luhan looked out the window to see a flaming sky. Streaks of orange mingled with red, with a dash of purple and pink... The silhouette of the apartment buildings opposite looked bulky and industrial against the picturesque canvas behind it.

Luhan's fingers itched To paint the landscape he saw before him.

No. You can't.

He sighed as the hurt from his failure of yesterday flooded back. He shook his head to clear the memories...

He rested his head in his hands.

What do I do now?

9G

Chen was right, xiumin had emptied the fridge. 

There was only an expired carton of milk, and a single carrot in there. Xiumin sighed. He would have to go to the grocery store on an empt stomach.

After taking a shower and putting on some jeans, he was out the door. He pushed the stiff elevator button, and stepped into the elevator.

As he got to the second floor the door opened and an old lady got on. He wondered why she was up so early in the day...

She was followed by a black cat.

Oh

"ACHOOOOO" the old lady jumped and held her handbag closer.

"I am so sorry I have cat a-allergi-ACHOO"

Xiumin sneezed uncontrollably till he reached the ground floor, where he stumbled out of the elevator. The door closed behind him leaving the poor old lady shaken.

Xiumin wiped his nose, disgusted at his own bodily functions.

What a nice start to the morning.

Xiumin opened the apartment entrance, but it was blocked by something. He pushed till the door gave way, looking to see what was blocking it.

"What? Why's this here?"

It looked like a painting, it was blue with some random "x" on it. 

"Why would someone leave this here?"

That's when he remembered the intercom prank.

Could that person have left this here?

Confused, Xiumin left the painting where it was, to worry about it later.

That didn't stop his feeling of unease...

------------------------------------

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUNNNNN

lol the ending is so lame, sorry for the short chapter! the next chapter will start to get more interesting >:) comment! subscribe! whatever! You guys make me so happy when I see your comments :D see you next update!