Dream Birthday

Dream Birthday - Myungsoo

A misted french door stood in front of you and your family party, lifting your hand up, resting your hand on the black handle you took in a deep breath and closed your eyes for a moment before your grip tightened on the handle while you turned it and pushed it open. Lifting your eyes slowly, you revealed to yourself the beautiful setup that was waiting for you.

A blanket of lights hung over the dark wooded pergola as it matched the cute deck below. Flames of the fire pit lit up the space in a gentle, warming light as four chairs sat around the stone fire pit. Scanning the rest of the area, the grass in your family’s yard was perfectly cut as white Chinese lamps hung from some of the lower branches. A small cake sat on the table next to the double doors that you stepped out of.

Your parents stood together with their arms wrapped around one another as your white wedges clicked against the wood deck below.

"Happy Birthday Sweetheart" Your father smiled

Unwrapping his arm from around your mom and walked over to you, wrapping his arms around you he pulled you into a gentle, loving hug. Hugging him back your mother stood next in line for a hug. Wrapping her in a loving hug, you pulled away with a smile on your face.

"Did you both do all of this for me?" You couldn’t keep the grateful smile off of your face as your father smiled and looked down at his shoes.

"I did it with some help" He smiled back up at you. Your eyes shifted to your mom as she shook her head lightly.

"I didn’t help him, sweetie" Your mom giggled

"Oh really? Then who did?" You questioned becoming a little confused as who he called to help with the breathtaking scene.

"Someone~" Your dad looked at your mom as he winked at her and she smiled and giggled.

Figuring out that something was up now, you shook your head at your silly parents as the three of you found your seats around the fire. Feeling the warmth radiate from the flames, you watched the light bounce off of their faces while the three of you talked and caught up on some memories of you growing up.

"We have a present for you" Your mom cooed with a smile on her face as your dad moved his hand over and held hers.

"Oh you do? You know you didn’t have to get me anything" You blushed and looked at the bottom hem of your pastel pink summer dress.

"We wanted to, besides you might want to meet who helped up decorate this beautiful place" Your dad smiled at you before your eyes caught some movement around the corner of your house.

A figure moved around the side of your house, rounding the corner, the man was dressed in a perfectly fitting tux and held a bouquet of your favorite flowers. Standing to your feet, your eyes widened as you recognized the person that was slowly walking across the grass to you.

"Myungsoo~?" You questioned playfully while you stood up from your seat.

"Happy Birthday, Jagiya" He smiled and stopped right before the few steps up to the deck while his hand held out the flowers for you.

A smile grew on your face while you looked down at him then over to your parents. Turning back to Myungsoo, you moved down the stairs and took the flowers from him. Wrapping his hand, that was holding the flowers, around your waist he smiled while you bit your bottom lip and sniffed the perfume of the gorgeous flowers.

"Will you come and join us?" You ask Myungsoo, he rubs your side a little before nodding his head a little shy and nervous.

The two of you walked up the stairs onto the deck as the two of you broke you hold on each other before sitting down in your seats. Laughter soon filled the silence between the four of you while your mom and dad made it seem that he was already part of the family.

"I have something that I want to give to you" Myungsoo commented as there was a break in the stories and laughter.

Turning towards him, you watched him pull out something from the inside of his coat pocket before he presented a long velvet box to you. Lifting the lid slowly, your eyes gazed down at the beautiful necklace that rested on padded satin. A beautiful Infinite sign that read You & Me engraved in the beautiful necklace.

"Myungie~ This is so beautiful" You whispered while you were at a loss for words a the beautiful present.

Resting the box on his legs, he carefully un-boxed the necklace and held it in his hand.

"May I put it on you?" He lifted his eyes from the necklace to see the light bob of your head, your fingers gathered your hair and pulled it over one of your shoulders.

On the edge of his seat, Myungsoo leaned over and carefully wrapped the small chain of the necklace around your neck and clasp it behind your neck. The tips of his fingers gently brushed over your skin, causing warm goosebumps to form over your shoulders as he placed the pendant on your skin.

"It’s beautiful" You whispered while one of his hands slid into yours, lacing his fingers with yours.

"Happy Birthday, our little girl" Your dad smiled seeing how happy you were with the combined present, leaning over he some of your favorite slow songs.

"May I have this dance?" Myungsoo questioned softly, your eyes looked over at him.

"I would love to dance with you" You smiled and nodded, your mom came up and took the beautiful bouquet of flowers from you so that you could dance with him.

Myungsoo stood up as you followed; leading you to the perfect spot on your lawn. One of his hands rested on the small of your back while his other hand held yours. Your hand slid up his chest and rested on his strong, broad shoulders. Starting to move with you, he followed the beat of the music with his feet as you followed his lead with a smile.

"Thank you for helping with the decorations, they really are beautiful" You thanked him

"You are welcome, I am glad that your dad and I got some time to spend together." Myungsoo smiled letting his eyes drop from yours a little before you watched a little blush fill his cheeks.

Hearing the footsteps of your parents, you heard the door close as you looked over and didn’t see them outside anymore. Instead they were looking out the window at the two of you slow dancing together.

"You look very beautiful this evening" Myungsoo commented while your eyes moved back to him.

"Thank you, I would have dressed up more if I knew you were coming, honestly." You bit your bottom lip while you looked down at your outfit.

"I love you in anything that you wear" Myungsoo stopped dancing for a moment as the hand that rested on the small of your back tilted your chin up a little.

Taking his time, he slowly leaned in, his eyes shifting from your lips to your eyes as he watched them close slowly. Pressing his lips gently against yours, you untangled your fingers from his as your other hand rested on his neck as you kissed him back. His free hand wrapped around your back and pulled you closer to him while he kissed you with kindness and love that he held for you.

Kissing your lips a few more times, he breaks the kiss softly while your arms wrap around his shoulders and your head against his collar bones before the two of you sway to the music, happily spending your birthday with the love of your life.