I Love You...

Silent Cabin

1-The Struggle;


Small clinking sounds of coins against a glass container was the only thing they heard everyday. Yuri and Luhan had been saving up their money ever since she accepted his proposal. They had made a list of all the places they wanted to go for their honeymoon, but they were either too expensive or too crowded with people.

"Yuri-ah! Only less than a hundred bucks and then we can say bonjour to France!" Luhan shouted happily from the kitchen island, the huge mason jar in his hands.

"Maybe you should recalculate that, honey." Yuri walked in, a handful of white and beige envelopes in her hands. She skimmed through them quickly, and by the look on her face, it was not good news.

"Bills?" His smile faltered as she lightly nodded, throwing the mail on the table and making it sprawl all over the marble top.

"I guess I can get a second job." She suggested, making him cringe inside. Luhan held her waist and pulled her to his lap while laying soft pecks on her cheek.

"No, you should not be working so hard." He muttered. "Besides, I already have three so that trip to France is all yours. Just wait at least a month or so." 

"Luhan." She said seriously. "I do not want you to work too hard." She cupped his face and caressed it gently with her thumbs. "I do not want to see my husband with grey hairs." She giggled, running her fingers through his silk-like locks.

"Yah! I will never get grey hairs. You should watch out yourself." He chuckled, pinching her nose playfully. "With a few more years you might get wrinkles." He teased.

Others might think that they were being to rude and mean to each other, but that is just how they acted around each other for the last 5 years of their relationship. Teasing, joking around and mainly love consisted their strong bond.

After 4 years of being a couple, Luhan finally popped the question and was more than relieved when she said yes. One year of wedding preparation took a huge toll on their bank accounts, credit cards and life savings. Plus, the fact that both their parents and families did not condone their marriage made it even harder on the couple.

Nonetheless, they have made it through with the help of their close friends and managed to get the wedding they both planned with those they hold dearly to their hearts- minus their family.

Now, here they are, struggling to gain enough money with 3 part time jobs and 1 full time job...


2-The Answer;


"Luhan? Are you awake yet?" Yuri whispered in the middle of the night, snuggled against his warm chest.

"Am now. Why?" He smiled warmly towards her. Luhan could never be mad at her no matter what, because he knows that he probably made more than her. Besides, after all those years, she always accepted him and forgave him for all the stupid things he has done.

"I was thinking..." She trailed off, biting her lower lip in deep thought. "France seems far, money wise. So... Why not find somewhere closer to honeymoon?"

"But, Yuri, you were so excited to go to France. You even told me that this was your dream to visit the Eiffel tower, the Louve and-"

"I know, but does it really matter now? I am married to you and that was my new dream." She smiled happily, kissing his lips.

"Then what is your dream now?" He asked, smiling at how lucky he was to have a girl like her as a wife.

"For you to be by my side and vice versa." She mumbled, truth ringing in her tone. "You know, fulfill our vows."

"Through sickness and in health." Luhan chuckled, rubbing the tip of his nose against the side of her cheek.

"'Til death do us part." She added, wrapping her arms securely around her husband's neck as he placed his around her waist.

"Go to sleep and we will figure things out in the morning." He lightly kissed her lips before making himself more comfortable on the queen sized bed. "Goodnight, Yul."

"Goodnight." She whispered, feeling his lips press against her forehead gently.

The next morning, Yuri was more than happy to wake up in the arms of her childhood friend, high school sweetheart, college soul mate and now husband. She wished every day to wake up like that for the rest of her life. She stared at his perfect features, tracing them softly with the tip of her fingers. He slightly frowned, but then relaxed as his eyes fluttered open.

It was crazy how the word beautiful and handsome were the only words that could describe him.

"What are you doing?" He chuckled, rolling to his back while carrying her in his arms. 

"Nothing." She giggled, kissing his lips as long as she could before she suffocated him. Although it seemed like he had strong lungs, because she was the one left gasping for air. 

"That is just a sample of what you will get during our honeymoon." Luhan joked, pecking her soft cheeks.

"Oh yeah, that." She rolled her eyes and slumped her head on his chest.

"You know, we could always search on the internet for affordable places." Luhan suggested while sitting up, placing her on his lap, their bodies dangerously close.

"Or we could stay in bed all day. We both still have 2 days off, right?" She placed her hands on the back of his neck, smiling sweetly at him, but he sent her a rather naughty smirk.

"I like that idea." He chuckled, rubbing small circles on her hips.

"Dirty minded deer." She wrinkled her nose and grabbed his cheeks, squishing them together.

He then took the initiative and pushed her hands aside, tackling her with kisses wherever his lips could touch until he reached her soft lips. She ran her fingers through his light brown locks while pushing herself closer to his body. Feeling like the moment will build up into something more heated, Luhan spoke, but struggled when Yuri wouldn't let go- not like he minds.

"I thought... We were going to... Wait until our honeymoon." He mumbled between kisses, sneakily pushing her shirt up.

"I-" She was about to answer, but her phone started buzzing uncontrollably, making her stumble out of bed and leaving him to groan. 

"Who the hell is sending you so many texts?" Luhan sighed, standing behind her and wrapping his arms around her slim waist.

"It's... Just one person and one message." Yuri replied, furrowing her brows while trying to decipher who it was from. "I don't know who, though."

"What is the number?" He asked, squinting his eyes while reading over her shoulder. "I don't think I know that." He shook his head then asked her to read the message to him. 

[TEXT: UNKNOWN]

Go to Silentium

"Silentium." Yuri muttered, throwing her phone to her side while dashing over to her laptop. Her fingers flashed across the keyboard and a website with the same name popped up in a matter of seconds. "Luhan, come look." She waved and he ran over, making her sit on his lap.

"Silentium cabin, a quiet getaway for new couples. Built in the early 1900's by a couple in their 20's, it has been a popular site for newlyweds who want to spend less money, but still want the feeling of being at a 5 star hotel." Luhan read, getting suspicious. "I don't know..."

"It's perfect!" Yuri exclaimed, clapping her hands excitedly. "This is exactly what we were looking for." She held his face gently in her hands, lightly grazing the tip of her nose against his.

"Okay." He gave in with a sigh. "I guess it can't be that bad." He finally smiled and kissed her lightly.

"Great!" She chirped, tackling him on the bed and trailing kiss after kiss on his face.


3- The Trip;


Yuri stood a foot outside her tiny closet, looking at her clothes intensely while randomly picking up a few articles before throwing them on the bed.

"Hey- Whoa!" Luhan ducked down when a shirt came flying his way. 

"Sorry!" She quickly apologized, running up to him to see if he was hurt, but shrieked when he pulled her towards him.

"So... What is my wife doing, throwing objects around and potentially killing her husband?" He jokingly asked while hugging her waist with his arms.

"I said I was sorry!" She rolled her eyes as a sigh escaped her lips. "And I'm preparing for our trip tomorrow." She said dreamily, imagining herself with him in a relaxing cabin all for themselves.

"If it helps, you don't have to bring any clothes." He smiled, a bit too innocently for that sort of phrase.

"Nice try, but I'm bringing big, warm, fuzzy sweaters." She wrinkled her nose, smirking at the same time.

"You really know how to bring a good mood down." He pouted while starting to pack his things, too.

After tiring themselves out, they got ready and crashed on the bed, ready for sleep and the long road ahead of them tomorrow morning. He got a goodnight's rest as she was tormented with a strange yet terrifying dream that seemed to last forever.

"H-Hello?" She called out, following a wall with her hands in the pitch black darkness. "Is anyone there? Luhan?" Her lower lip quivered when she realized that she was alone.

"Yuri..." A breathless voice called out, making the hair on the back of her neck stand up. A cold gush of wind engulfed her as she kept on walking through, determined to not let her fears and imagination take over.

"Come here, Yuri..." Another voice followed.

"Join us, would you?" A third one was heard, this time, closer to her ear which made her body tremble.

"L-LUHAN!" Yuri screamed, hoping that he was somewhere close by. She bolted out of wherever she was and stumbled across a few things before finally landing on what seemed to be a light switch. Her shaking fingers fumbled with the switch before it , revealing the horror under her.

Bodies.

All of them of young women scattered around the dirt of what seemed to be a basement that no one finished constructing. Blood was dripping everywhere and most of it was on her clothes- or more likely her hands. Yuri stood frozen, staring at the dead bodies, even though her mind shouted for her not to. 

Finally, after the words got stuck in for what seemed to be a lifetime, it all came out at once at a high pitch, eardrum shattering scream that could've easily broken glass if any louder. That was when it all faded away, but the memories still laid freshly printed into her mind.

"YURI! WAKE UP!" Her entire body was shaking until her eyes shot open, revealing a disheveled hair Luhan who stared down at her, worry in his eyes. She kept on crying and screaming while burying her face in his chest, her tears drenching his shirt as her eyes were still shut.

Yuri kept on screaming, and screaming, and screaming...

"Luhan!" She finally woke up, taking in a huge breath of air while clenching on to his shirt.

"It's okay, it's fine." He hugged her tightly. "I'm here, right here."

Never once, during their years together, has Yuri ever had nightmares- well, none that gave her this kind of reaction. If anything, screaming randomly in the middle of the night was his habit, but at least that it wasn't as close to the blood curdling one of Yuri's.

"What happened? Tell me." He gently kissed her cheek, quieting her sobs, but didn't silence them.

"I-I... Blo... Everywhere... S-So... mu..." She mumbled incoherent words, staring with wide eyes at her hands which were still shaking uncontrollably.

"Okay." Understanding her sudden trauma to something he still couldn't put his finger on, he decided to let it slide for good. "Do you think you can fall asleep again? I'll be right here, promise." She gave a light nod before making herself comfortable in his arms.

After placing a careful peck on the crown of her head, he snuggled closer to her- if it was even possible- before finally closing his eyes. Hopefully, she'll get at least some sleep that night or else she'll be tired out in the morning which was only a few hours away.

At exactly 6:30 am, an annoying chime rang through their ears, making them grunt as Luhan pushed the alarm clock to the ground.

"You're buying a new one." She mumbled, kissing him on the cheek.

"How was your sleep?" He asked, the side of her waist.

"Less than 5 hours of sleep and half of it being nightmares." She sighed, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "But I'll live." The last word made her froze as she thought back to the horrific scene in her dreams.

"You alright?" He tilted her head towards him.

"Come on, let's go get ready. We have a 3 and a half hour trip ahead of us." She smooched his lips quickly before running to the bathroom.

"My wife, the queen of question avoiding." He sighed to himself, but still smiled for having her as a wife.

"I heard that!" She shouted from the other side of the bathroom door, making him burst out laughing before opening the door to join her in getting ready.

Once ready and energized with their morning coffee, the couple headed out to their car after throwing their luggage in the trunk and back seat of the car. Luhan drove towards the highway as Yuri placed her feet on the dashboard with the road map in her hands, the directions to the cabin drawn with a highlighted pink by Yuri herself.

"We should've downloaded an app for this." Yuri pouted cutely as she flipped and turned the map in all sorts of directions.

"Thank God you have a husband with an excellent sense of orientation." Luhan boasted, smiling proudly while changing lanes.

"Then I guess you don't need this map." She chuckled while crumpling the large piece of paper in her hand.

"Hey!" He grabbed her wrist. "I never said that I memorized the route." She simply giggled while rolling her eyes, uncrumpling the map.

"Congratulations, captain, you took the wrong lane." She laughed and tried to hold it in when he started glaring. She leaned over to kiss him to stop him from frowning before telling him to keep his eyes on the road. "Keep left." 

They ended up on a bumpy road that was deep in the woods. Yuri tensed in her seat as she gripped onto Luhan's shoulder as he tried to calm her by reassuring that everything will be perfectly fine once they get to the cabin.

"If it's this creepy in the woods then I don't want to see this place during the night." She sighed, watching the trees flashing past her, but a dark silhouette caught her eye. "Luhan, are there any neighboring cabins?"

"Nope, this cabin is completely isolated, perfect for some peace and quiet." He said nonchalantly with a smile, only making her even more nervous. 

"Luhan, maybe this isn't a good idea." She sunk back into her seat.

"Oh, come on, Yuri." He chuckled. "This place was practically free and is exactly what we wanted." Seeing his happy face, she couldn't just crush it by saying that she wanted to go back home. She just had to push through and enjoy her honeymoon with her husband.

"Yeah, I can't wait to get there." She forced a smile, but it became for real when he kissed her cheek.


4- The Cabin...; 


"Here we are!" Luhan exclaimed, pulling up the small drive that led to the cabin's garage.

"It's beautiful." Yuri said, admiring every inch of the outside of the house.

Everything about it had this vintage feel to it and she was more excited to see what was on the inside. The sides had vine climbing over it like it was protecting the house from whatever was on the outside which gave her a reassuring feeling. The outer walls had a neutral beige color and the roof was a darker brown as some of the paint was chipped off, looking almost like scratch marks...

"Let's get inside." He walked behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind. "It will get dark soon."

As they placed their luggage in the middle of the floor, they both intertwined their hands and walked around the cabin to get a better feel of the place;

The living room was spacious and the furniture was cozy. A huge arch opened up to a huge and modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances, a fridge stocked up with food, but almost all of the cupboards were empty and looked like they were as deep as the ocean. There was a small bathroom at the end of the hall.

Upstairs was something different;

It was simply the master bedroom looking over the railings on the upstairs floor. Next to it, the main bathroom with a tub and shower as well as a newly installed Jaccuzi. Yuri squealed as she leaped into his arms while he carried her down. 

"This place is amazing!" She kissed him passionately. 

"4 days, 3 nights, all for us."  He grinned, enjoying her shower of vanilla scented kisses. 

"It is currently..." She hopped off to check her phone's clock. "3 pm. If I start unpacking now, I'll get enough time to enjoy the Jaccuzi." She stating, a twinkle of excitement in her eyes.

"Mind if I join?" He raised a brow, sending her that ever so effective smirk that would make her knees weak.

"W-What? No!" She smacked his arm lightly, heat rushing to her cheeks as she turned away.

Yuri was still a and planned on staying that way until marriage, but now that the time has come, she was nervous and wasn't sure if she was ready. If Luhan was still a , she didn't know, but it's not like it mattered, he was hers now.

"But we're married... Didn't you say-" He pouted, but was cut off when she started pushing him out of the bedroom.

"Can you make dinner? Please?" She laced her voice with the cutest tone she could manage and it worked, he gave in easily.

"Alright." He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead before heading down. 

In mere minutes, she was done placing her clothes and other belongings in the closets as well as Luhan's. She excitedly grabbed a towel and some scented soap for some bubbles before entering the large bathroom. As she soaked her body in the warm water, she decided to light a candle to create a better ambiance. Once lit, she laid back in the tub and closed her eyes for one second before she felt it...

A soft yet cold breeze.

Yuri opened her eyes and noticed that the candle was burnt out, there was no longer a flame. She furrowed her brows before lighting it once more, making sure that it was definitely lit and burning. She eyed the flame for a few seconds before laying back and relaxing once more. Then, it happened again, but this time...

The breeze was stronger.

The candle was once again out and she checked the packet of matches to see if they were defected, but they seemed fine to her. Then, the next strange thing happened; the bathroom door was a tad open, but she distinctively remembers closing it shut. She tried peering outside from the tub, but saw no one outside.

"Luhan?" She called, waiting patiently for his answer. "Luhan, is that you? If you're looking for your stuff, it's in the closet to the right." She shouted, but nothing happened. "Probably left already..." She mumbled to herself.

When the skin in her fingers became wrinkly, she got out of the tub, drained the water, dried her body and changed into new clothes. She ran downstairs after smelling something delicious cooking downstairs, but when got to the kitchen, she let out a loud yelp, making Luhan jerk his head to her.

"What's wrong?" He furrowed his brows while sauteing some vegetables.

For a split second, not even a full one, she swore she saw a dark shadow hovering over Luhan, but when she blinked, it was gone.

"Yuri?" His calm voice was snapped her out of her daze, and she felt like the air was knocked out of her for a second. 

"D-Did..." She stuttered, trying to regain some control over her mind.

'I'm not crazy...' She kept telling herself. 

"Are you okay? You're probably tired from the trip." Being the good husband he is, Luhan brought her to the table where the food was all ready. He added the sauteed vegetables on one of the main dishes. "Eat up." He kissed her temple before sitting next to her.

The room became quiet as Luhan enjoyed his meal, but Yuri seemed out of it, she was spacing out frequently to the point where she barely ate, just picked at her food.  He noticed it and felt worried.

"Yuri, are you not hungry?" He placed some meat on her plate and she ate it silently.

"Luhan, did you happen to be upstairs when I was taking my bath?" She asked, trying to sound casual, even though her body was starting to tremble.

"No." He chuckled. "I was down here the whole time making food like a good husband, remember?" 

"O-Okay..." She decided to do the best thing which was to forget the whole incident and blame it on her wild imagination. 

"Are you sure you're alright?" He asked, trying to figure her out.

"Perfectly fine." She sent him a cheeky smile, convincing him that she was fine- but it was kind of the other way around.

She was the one who needed convincing.


5- First Night;


"Honey~" Luhan cried. "Hurry up and come to bed!"

In an instant, Yuri came rushing into the room, wearing cotton shorts and a large shirt. She jumped on the soft bed and landed next to her husband.

"Even the bed is soft!" She exclaimed, burying herself deeper into the covers.

"What about me?" She bolted up, staring at her intensely with jealousy burning in his eyes.

"A close second." She smirked, turning her back on him and pretending to sleep, but she had a feeling that the night would be more than peaceful with her jealous husband beside her.

And she was right.

The next thing she knew, Yuri was on her back and facing Luhan who was towering over her, a sly smirk etched across his lips. He suddenly grabbed her legs and placed them around his hips before lowering himself on her.

"H-Hey! What are you doing?" She hit his chest.

"I just want our first night to be... Memorable." He smiled innocently, but what she saw in his eyes was the complete opposite. 

"I'm not ready!" She defended, squirming under him which could only get him a tad more excited than before.

"Then stop squirming." He bit his lower lip, shut his eyes and leaned his neck back, controlling every part of him to keep calm. She was shocked at first then immediately stayed frozen, a light touch of pink on her cheeks. "Goodnight." He sighed then kissed her forehead before going to sleep. His disappointed tone made her feel bad for depriving him of some pleasure.

"We could do it on the last night." She whispered, blushing even harder at what she had just said. He opened one eye and looked at her, brows raised skeptically.

"Really now?"

She nodded.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded... Hesitantly.

"You don't have to-"

"I want to." She cut him off, sounding more certain than before. "Consider it as my honeymoon gift or something." She shrugged.

"No, it's alright. When you're ready-" He was about to retort, but she didn't want to hear it.

"I'm already married to you, who else can I do it with?" She scoffed, a light chuckle escaping her lips before she wrapped her arms around him and he did the same. "Don't worry about me."

"Alright..." He said uncertain before drifting off to sleep.

At exactly 3:45 am, Yuri woke up, but from what? The cabin was dead silent, so silent that she could easily hear a pin dropping from the other side of the room. She found it hard to fall back asleep as she kept twisting and turning on the bed. She then reached out to snuggle with her husband, but felt nothing except for the now cold sheets. Slowly, her eyes opened and her suspicions were confirmed; he was not there.

As her eyes got used to the darkness, she sat up and felt her chest tighten as her voice felt stuck in . There, before the foot of her bed stood a dark shadow, the silhouette of a woman with her back hunched over. The thing was just about to look up until the bathroom door opened, revealing a shining white light and Luhan with disheveled hair. Yuri's eyes darted back to where she saw the ghostly appearance and it was gone.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" He asked, eyes semi-closed as he crawled in bed. She sat frozen in her spot, feeling short of breath as her eyes kept on staring. "Yuri? Hello?" He waved his hand in front of her face which made her blink rapidly. "Are you okay?"

"I-I saw something!" She pointed at the exact spot. "I-It was a woman. She was staring at me!"

"It was probably a trick of the mind." He explained reasonably and she had no choice but to agree. "Come on, we only have a few hours left before we have to wake up. Just go to sleep."

"Okay..." She breathed, slowly laying back down, but her eyes never left the spot.

"I'm right here, okay?" He told her since he was getting a bit worried. He wrapped his arms securely around her before sleeping once more.

"But I saw it..." Yuri told herself. 


6- Flying Knives;


Waking up the next morning was rather cold, but still as silent as always. Yuri found it weird that with such an old house, the floors never creaked, even though everything seemed quite used. She walked through the hallways silently with a large sweater and a hot cup of coffee in her hands. To her, it felt like a small cloud of snow was following her wherever she went. Even Luhan felt it when they passed each other earlier in the morning. It was a bit abnormal, but Yuri didn't want to ruin the honeymoon with her ludicrous suspicions. 

As she examined the old wood carvings in the frames of each doorway, she fell upon a door that was strangely locked. No keys were provided for that door and Yuri guessed that it was the basement which she made sure to stay away from, but it was hard since it intrigued her too much. The carvings were stranger, less detailed and, even to a certain point, creepy. They looked like scratch marks and, upon closer inspection, words. 

She... wi-ll get YOU 

Once she processed those words, she jumped back while clasping her hand over . She almost screamed when her back hit something, but it was only Luhan who stared at her worriedly. He wrapped his arms around her waist and felt how she shook tremendously, how cold she was.

"Why so jumpy?" He asked, laying soft kisses on her neck and travelled down to her collar bone and her shoulder blade. 

"Just..." Yuri looked back at the frame, but the words seemed to disappear. "A bit too excited."

"Yuri, honey, you know I'm here for you if you need anything. That was part of our vows." He cupped her beautiful face, leaning down for a quick and sweet peck.

"I will." She sighed. 

"Alright. Well, we have a huge Jacuzzi to ourselves. Meet you in there in 10?" He asked, grinning widely.

"Where else would I be?" She winked. "Let me just put my cup away."

As they parted ways, a gush of cold enveloped her body which ran a shiver down her spine. She shook it off and was about to sip on her coffee that she barely touched, but the strong stench of iron and something rotting made her pull back. She scrunched her nose and stared at her cup, almost dropping it when she looked at what was inside.

A murky, dark and thick looking substance, absolutely no characteristics of coffee at all.

Yuri immediately placed the cup in the sink and ran off, repeating to herself that it was a trick of the mind, probably from all the stress she had been building up. Her thoughts were jumbling around in her mind which caused her to collide with something... Or more like someone.

"It's been over 10 minutes." Luhan pouted cutely, holding onto the towel wrapped around his waist. "What's taking you so long?"

"I'm coming." She giggled. forgetting all about her problems. His power over her was undeniable and she loved how he feels the same way about her. Everything he does makes her explode with joy and that would be the only thing that would get her through this honeymoon. 

As they soaked their bodies in the warm water, Luhan kept his pout while staring at her. She furrowed her brows before finally asking him what was bothering him. His answer was laughable.

"You could've came in here without your swimsuit." He scoffed, playing with the water.

"erted." She laughed, pushing a wave of water to him which ultimately made him jump over to her side and attack her in his arms. "Stop!" She giggle uncontrollably as his lips trailed many kisses on her neck.

But then the giggles stopped, her voice was caught in as her eyes were as wide as an owl's. Right behind Luhan, beside the Jacuzzi was the same dark silhouette she saw last night, but this time, scarier than ever- if that was even possible.

"Hey, you alright?" He pulled back while eyeing her worriedly. She then blinked rapidly as he glanced behind him, but saw absolutely nothing.

"Yeah..." She took a deep breath and forced herself to regain control of her mind as much as she could. "Where were we?" She gave a forced smile before pulling him back down. 

After resting in the Jacuzzi for a few more minutes, they both exited, dried off  and Yuri left to prepare dinner. As she sliced some vegetables, she turned around to tend to the stove, but then snapped her head back when she heard something fall. To her horror, a knife sliced through the lettuce she was just cutting, making it seem like it fell from the ceiling. She checked, but nothing was up there- well, nothing that seemed out of the ordinary.

Just as she started to get back to cooking, another knife came soaring through the air and missed her head by a hair strand. Yuri felt the object graze her cheek before getting stuck in the cupboard door like a dart. Trembling in fear, she clutched her head and fell to the ground when more knives started flying through the air, some getting closer to cutting her than others.

"LUHAN!" She screamed in fear and he came rushing down to the kitchen where everything was completely normal except for Yuri.

"I'm right here, calm down." He whispered, kissing her cheeks tenderly.

"I-I can't take it anymore! I want to leave..." She sobbed, having a hard time breathing.

"Okay, we'll leave first thing tomorrow. Just go and get some rest and I'll cook dinner." He told her in the softest tone he could manage before carrying her up the stairs.

After tucking her in bed, he stayed by her side until she fell asleep which took some time since she couldn't stop crying. He kissed her temple before slipping out the door, but made sure to keep it open just in case. As he ran to tend to the cooking food, he stopped and stared at a curious paper pinned to the wooden cupboard by a knife.

"What the..." He mumbled under his breath and pulled the knife off before reading the note.

Come back to me... Leave her 

Those words made him shiver which led him to crumple up the paper and throw it in the trash. He thought that there were probably some campers near by trying to pull a prank on him and scaring the life out of Yuri which only angered him. Luhan decided that it was best for her if they leave the next day and plan another trip another time.

With dinner ready, she ran back upstairs and found Yuri lying wide awake on the bed, staring at something in the closet. He caught  glimpse of something dark, but it just seemed like a trick of the shadow to him. Her eyes then darted back to him as she started getting up. He rushed to her side.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, caressing her hair lovingly.

"Fine now." She smiled and it seemed a bit more genuine than before. She kissed him lightly on his lips and he replied almost instantly, cupping her face with one hand while the other held her lower back, lowering heron the bed slowly. "Luhan..." She panted from the long  kiss as he hummed. "C-Can you do me a favor?"

"Anything for you." He smiled cheekily, but then it dropped into utter shock when she whispered her next few words;

"Distract me... A few hours will do."


7- Deadly Discoveries;


"A-Are you sure?" He stuttered while staring at her eyes full of certainty. She nodded rapidly, pulling herself over him and straddled him.

"There are too many things running in my head. I need to be distracted." Yuri whispered, cupping his face gently and bringing her face down to his.

Minutes  passed, and they were both left in their undergarments, but that was as far as he wanted to go with her, especially in her current state of mind. He loved her very much yet respected her enough to not take things too far. 

"Luhan?" She panted, not leaving her lips from his.

"Yeah?" He bit his lower lip, enjoying her kisses that were trailing along his jawline and neck.

"You're holding back." She furrowed her brows and stopped, making him crave her even more. "Why?"

"Yuri, I'm enjoying myself a lot, but you're not really in your right state of mind. I don't want think that I'm taking advantage of you." He muttered, bringing her closer to him.

"You're not." She laid her head on his chest as he heaved a deep sigh. "But I guess we could wait a little longer." She smiled before inching up to reach his lips.

Against his wishes, she got out of bed and wore his shirt which was way too big for her petite frame, exposing her long legs. Yuri was just about to leave the bedroom when Luhan pulled her back and hugged her tightly. He laid soft kisses on her shoulder while burying his face on her back.

"What do you want to do now?" He mumbled, slipping into pants and a t-shirt. As much as her intuitions told her not to, there has been something she was very curious about.

"I want to explore this place."

"I think we've been to every inch of this cabin." He chuckled.

"Not the attic or the basement." She countered, begging him with a few kisses on the neck- his soft spot.

"Fine." He caved and followed her through the door which led to old wooden stairs that led to another door. 

Twisting the rusty knob, Yuri was the first to enter, the smell of mold hitting her nose instantly. She covered it as he held her hand, scrunching his nose at the smell. There was nothing out of the ordinary in the attic- just some old furniture and boxes. In the corner was an old style mannequin with a beautiful vintage looking wedding dress.

"These must belong to the owners who built this place." Luhan muttered, examining the boxes.

Yuri took her turn looking through the boxes until she found an old, worn leather covered book. It was an album filled with pictures from the previous owners. Luhan sat down next to her and they both looked through the photos, a lot of them reminding the couple of themselves. The pictures of the couples seemed so happy and cheerful until Yuri turned the page.

At first glance, it seemed like any other picture of a woman smiling, but it seemed forced. Upon closer inspection, there was a remarkable bruise on her neck which was poorly hidden by her blouse's collar. Yuri and Luhan both exchanged glances, both noticing the bruise. She dared to turn to the last page, but something fell out; a folded piece of paper. Yuri unfolded it and started to read with Luhan laying his head on her shoulder to read too. 

"My love... She is gone now.

I am not a bad man, I did nothing wrong. 

She made me do it, she made me into a mad man.

Now, she lies under dirt where she belongs while I continue to live with regret.

Why did she do this to me? 

I did not kill her, I did not want to kill her, but she made me do it, forced me to.

It is all her fault." 

"Oh my God!" She gasped.

"Okay, that's enough. It's time to go to sleep and we'll leave first thing tomorrow." Luhan said angrily, pulling the book and paper away from her as he guided her trembling body down the stairs.

As much as they wanted to leave, they needed energy so sleeping was the best option. That night, he held her tighter than ever, wanting her to calm down. He made a plan to avert the police of their findings and try his damn best to make Yuri forget about all of this. They both fell asleep in a few minutes...

Instead of feeling warmth, there was nothing but cold enveloping her body.

Soil, that's what she felt under her fingertips, but why?

Her eyes finally opened and she stared in horror at all the blood on her hands. She scurried away when she felt something moist beside her- a body. It laid lifelessly, its blank, red eyes staring at her. Yuri felt the air being out of her and her voice being caught in .

Slowly, a crackling sound of bones started driving chills down her spine; the body started moving.

It came closer and closer until something came coursing out . She screamed as loud as she could until everything just shut down and became dark again. Words echoed in her mind and they kept repeating until it became clear to her.

"Find me." 

"YURI! JUST WAKE UP!" Luhan shook her body so much that he was sure she would be in pain when she will wake. She instantly took a deep breath and latched onto him, her nails digging into his shoulders.

"W-We have to find her.... I can't take it anymore!" She cried.

"Find who?!" He hugged her against his chest, breathing heavily from the constant shouting. With a shaky hand, she pointed at the scratched up basement door. "Okay, let's go." He sighed. If it would help her get through the rest of the night, then he would do whatever she says.

Using his broad shoulder, he hit the fragile door until it broke open. The rusty hinges creaked as he opened the door and it was a miracle that it still stood. With Luhan leading the way, they crept down the almost broken stairs until they reached the bottom, all covered in soil. A single light bulb rocked back and forth in the middle of the room.

"S-She was right there." Yuri pointed at a certain spot on the ground.

Not believing that anyone was there except him and his wife, Luhan started shifting the dirt around with his foot. They both gasped and held in their screams when a very white and very bruised arm fell out, laying lifelessly an inch near Luhan's foot.

"Go. GO!" He pushed her up the stairs and ran through the door.

Withou teven thinking about grabbing their stuff, he grabbed the car keys and they both made their way towards the front door, but there was one problem; it was stuck shut.

"What the hell?!" He shouted, trying to bust down the door, but it was stronger than it looked. "hey, Yuri-"

"AH!" She screamed when an icy hand grabbed her ankle and pulled her to the ground, dragging her back down the basement. "Luhan! Help me!"

Just as she called out to him, he finally managed to open the door, but now he had to decide; Either save himself from that mad house and break his vows or save the one he loves and risk his life. In an instant, the words he once spoke flashed through his mind.

"Through sickness and in health."

" 'Til death do us part."

"I will forever protect you."

"I love you."


8- A Quick Choice;


Without even thinking, he ran towards the door, ignoring her screams and pushing forward. He needed to concentrate on other things like... Saving her. Whatever he made was not a rash decision, it was his reflex- common sense.

He bolted through the rooms and down the basement where her screams stopped. His heart dropped as he fell into the dark abyss where they first uncovered the body. 

The rest remained a mystery...

[Police Report #235]

Mass Murder;

Victims' bodies were found in the basement of an old abandoned cabin in the woods of ___. 5 bodies, 3 of which were decaying due to the many years and two new ones of a young couple between the ages of 20 and 25. Unknown cause of death, but a struggle was involved. Suspected killer out on the loose somewhere.

History;

Cabin built in early 1900's by young couple who recently wed. The husband was suspected of abusing her wife due to a mental instability which led to her sudden death. The body of the young woman was never found and the case was dropped after her husband committed suicide.

According to some reports, couples who go there were reported missing, but the men usually showed up a few days later without their partner and in a dazed state. They were all sent to the hospital and kept mumbling the same thing. Something about either abandoning their wife or girlfriend. 

In the end, the women's bodies were found in the cabin.

Note;

Officers and investigators were unable to reach a conclusion. The case is currently dormant until someone comes out with hints or any possible leads. 


THE END