Prologue

Unrequited Love: 3000

=Prologue: Emotions

 

Baekhyun swung his coat onto the couch and ed the first few buttons on his shirt. Today was another long day. He was stressed from work and tired from all the paperwork he had to fill every night. The man sighed and laid down onto the mattress as his body slowly sunk in and he closed his eyes savoring the feeling. He missed his home. Definitely. Only, home was missing something; someone special.

 

==========

 

Year 3000

Most everybody hated her. She never walked out of that apartment and showed her face to the world. And while the world was happy, she was not. While everyone talked she was silent. While others went to school, she stayed behind. She was curled up into a ball and clutched to the bottom part of her sleeves. Her hair wavered down her back and by her face, showing the skinny structure that she contained. How long had it been since she ate? She doesn’t even remember.

The knocking then started again. She looked towards the door and squeezed her eyebrows together for she knew it was those kids from the school nearby that would always play tricks on her. The apartment stranded out of nowhere wasn’t hard to find either, only when it was dark, you could barely see where it was located. She trudged over and placed her hands on the door knob having a hard strong grip on it. In fact, she was scared, that they would see her face that was once ugly, that had always been ugly. She took a big sigh and flung it open feeling the rush of coldness touch every part of her. She closed her eyes waiting for the laughter; the humiliation.

 

“ Hello.”

 

The girl took a peek and saw the same boy from yesterday. Not knowing what she should do after she literally shooed him away last night, she looked to the floor to avoid any eye contact. “ Can I….. can I come in?” he asked with a bit of hesitation.

 

She didn’t know what to do but having him around made her feel at ease. He made her feel something but after all, he was still a stranger. “ I….” she stuttered out. What was she going to say? How was she going to tell him she didn’t want him here? If she said no he was surely going to do something about that because she hadn’t let him in yesterday either.

 

“ It’s okay if you don’t want to let me come in.” he awkwardly scratched his head.

 

Without talking, she backed up a little letting him know she would let him in. She didn’t want him bugging her again the next day.  Baekhyun cracked a small smile and walked in. She closed the door quietly and stared at the boy who was speculating the room.

“ How….did...well…” The words were hard to form out of her lips because of how long she had talked to an outsider. Baekhyun swiftly turned his body and gave her a calm expression. He had something in his hands. It was black. The girl thinned her her lips. “ You’re one of them aren’t you?” she finally spoke without stuttering. Startled, Baekhyun hid the recorder behind his back.

 

“I- It’s just- it’s not what you think.” he defended but she walked closer to him and stared at him.

 

Those eyes of hers. So sad, but daring.


 

“ Just tell me. What do you want?” she asked on the verge of tears; with a voice more stern than ever. Baekhyun felt bad even when he couldn’t realize what he had done  and cleared his throat. He didn’t intend to hurt her but the rumors were true, this girl was so empty on the inside and outside.“ What’s your name?”


 

With a bit of an irritated voice, she mumbled loud enough for him to hear.“ Taeyeon. Kim. Taeyeon”

 

He clicked his recorder, and that indicated that this session was over.

 

==========


 

She pushed him out the door and went to her room burying herself into a ball. Why was the world so curious about her? Why couldn’t they just leave her alone? What was so important to know about a filthy girl like her? Tears crept and dabbed onto her face. Only one can take in so much inside…..so many emotions it’s almost frightening.




 

 


 

Side Note: Chingus! I’m so sorry for not updating this since like a thousand years ago. It’s been FOREVER and I sincerely apologize for that. I just have too much homework and I’m literally drowning lol. Not just that, I finals coming in like less than a week.

Please let me off this once. JEBAL~~

Alright, until winter break, sending love and kisses. -Ashney


Question of the week about me! How old do you think I am????