Final

Close To You

Author's Note:

Hey, fourth fanfic! Featuring Ravi!

Not much romance here cuz I made it with whatever I wanted to. Doesn't make sense but whatever! ENJOY!! ^_^


Ravi felt frustrated with himself. With a dissatisfied sigh, he crumpled up his working music sheet and threw it forcefully across his room. It landed near an overflowing trashcan, all rejects of the songs that he composed crumpled up into balls of paper.

He groaned, looking down at a new clean music parchment. He gripped the side of his head, attempting to rip out his hair but he settled to covering his face with his hands. He was exhausted and drained. He didn't know what to do and he was tired.

His mind wandered off, trying to find the slightest pick of inspiration he could get. He needed to finish a new song by the end of the week, otherwise he'll get a low grade. His music teacher isn't one to negotiate for deadlines and his grades are bad enough as it is. He can't afford another fail, otherwise he will be pulled back another year.

Ravi groaned, angry at himself. He kicked the bottom counter under his table, making the table rock rigidly at the impact. Seeing his water bottle on his table, he swiped it off his table. Grabbing his pencil box, he flung it across the room, making his pens scatter out around his small room. Ravi didn't cared. He had enough of his creative block. He didn't care or gave a flying at all by this point.

He got up from his study table and headed over to his bed. Wearing his headphones, he blasted up loud music, not caring for the safety of his ear drums. He started nodding his head to the rhythm, playing air drums before screaming along with the lyrics. It was night time where most of his neighbours would be asleep by now but he screamed anyway.

Feeling his voice hoarse, he paused his loud rock band song and sat up from his bed. Ravi stared blankly at his spread out feet in front of him, a look of defeat and hopelessness on his face. He wanted so badly to write out his new song but couldn't out of trouble from finding the right melody. He was stuck, a situation which he had never encountered before in his years of composing.

He didn't liked it at all.

Ravi reached and opened his window. He stared out at the moon from where he sat on his bed. He propped his arms on the windowsill and laid his chin on them, staring at the moon like a sad puppy.

Feeling the sense of stress and anxiety washing over him, Ravi cried. It wasn't manly for him to do so but he needed it. He always felt better after letting out a few sobs, and so, after promising himself that he won't do it anymore, Ravi slapped his tears away. He continued his gaze at the moon.

His pointless daydreaming was interrupted when he heard a corny and annoying dubstep music playing from a loud speaker. The sound came from the apartment above him and Ravi pulled a hateful scowl. It was bad enough to hear it constantly from his friends, he didn't need to hear it all over again when he's at home.

"Yah! Shut that crap off!" Ravi cried angrily out the window. Adding more to his statement, he added, "If you want to play a song at night, at least make it nice!"

Hearing his outburst, the dubstep music stopped abruptly. Ravi pulled a relieved look.

"Thank you." He whispered to himself and laid his cheek on his propped up arms, returning back to self loathing.

What happened next made Ravi's ears perk up.

A soft strumming from a ukulele was heard. Ravi recognized the chords being played and blinked at how soothing the melody was. He slowly felt his tension fade away as he sat there, listening.

After a few moments of strumming, a girl's voice began to sing.

Click here

Why do birds
Suddenly appear?
Everytime you are near
Just like me
They long to be
Close to you

Why do stars
Fall down from the sky?
Everytime you walk by
Just like me
They long to be
Close to you

On the day that you were born
The angels got together and decided
To create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moondust in your hair
Of gold and starlight in your eyes of blue

That is why all the girls in town
Follow you all around
Just like me
They long to be
Close to you

On the day that you were born
The angels got together and decided
To create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moondust in your hair
Of gold and starlight in your eyes of blue

That is why all the girls in town
Follow you all around
Just like me
They long to be
Close to you

Just like me
They long to be
Close to you

Ravi's eyes widened at the sound of the song. He knew this song, having heard it from when he was a young kid. His mom would sing this song whenever she was knitting or simply doing daily chores in the house. He felt a sense of nostalgia struck him and he sat up straight from the window.

Ravi felt happy, refreshed from that sweet performance. He needed that pick-me-up after all the stress he had went through. It hit him that the girl must have heard his loud screaming and thought he was crazy. She probably sang that song just to calm him down. He appreciated it, despite realizing that he made himself look like a madman to the girl.

Feeling a huge weight off his shoulders, Ravi stuck his head out the window and glanced up to the apartment above him. He couldn't see the girl but he saw a flash of brown hair with a highlighted pink streak.

"Hey, thanks for the song. It sounded nice." He called out to her. The girl jolted away from the window, he saw by how fast her hair dissappeared. Ravi smiled, finding her reaction cute.

"I needed that." He added. "Been having a hard time lately and hearing you sing calmed me down. You have a really nice voice." He trailed off softly. Ravi realized that he sounded like a creepy stalker and quickly cleared his throat to shake off the feeling.

A soft silence enveloped before she answered back.

"I'm glad you liked it..." Came the girl's soft reply. Ravi blinked when he heard how soft her voice was. "You sounded like you needed it..." she added.

"Yeah," Ravi said, putting his chin on his arms again. "Been having a hard time lately."

"With what?" She asked further.

Ravi shrugged. "With school. I have to compose a song by the end of the week. I don't have much time and I don't even know what the song should be about."

The girl didn't answer him but strummed her ukulele softly. Ravi let her have the silence, knowing that she was thinking herself.

"Well," she started, "You could always write a song about love. It's probably the easiest topic to write a song about."

Ravi scoffed. "Yeah, sure. Like I haven't been trying to write a song about that for the past 2 hours." Ravi shook his head. "I need something else."

"What about love were you writing about anyway? Breakups? First love or something?"

"I was writing about breakups." He answered

"Well, have you ever had a breakup?"

Ravi blinked, a faint blush appearing on his cheek. He pouted to himself. "No..."

A soft giggle was heard by the girl before she quickly shut herself up. "Well, that right there is the problem. You can't write about breakups because you've never went through it before."

"Then what am I suppose to write about then?"

The girl paused. "How about writing about first meeting your crush? Or just seeing a very beautiful girl? That wouldn't be that hard."

"So, basically like the song you just sang."

"Yup." She strummed her ukulele, humming to herself as though proud with her answer.

Ravi frowned, rethinking about the girl's suggestion. That didn't sound like a bad idea. He sat up straight, remembering back the melody the girl sang. He hummed to himself, putting in some random rendition of his own. He broke out into a wide smile when he found the perfect melody. He needed to write it down, before he lost it.

Ravi jumped out of his bed, heading towards his table. In his haste, his leg got tangled in his blanket. He fell flat on his face, a loud thud resonating on the wooden floor boards. Ravi heard the girl's strumming stop.

"Hey, you okay?" She called out to him, having heard the loud thud.

"N-Nothing!" He cried out, picking himself up from the ground. He trotted over to his table and quickly scribbled down the melody.

"Hey, everything good there?" The girl called out to him.

"Yeah! Everything's great! I think I just figured out the song!" Ravi cried out happily, holding his music sheet. He looked through the melody, satisfied with it. All that was left was the lyrics.

He marched back to his bed. He held his head out the window. "Hey, thanks for the advice. I think I can finish the song now, thank to your help."

The girl peered down to him, he couldn't see her face fully, only her dainty eyes could be seen. She pulled back from the window, not before Ravi could spot a faint blush spreading on her cheeks. Ravi let out a soft chuckle at her.

"You're welcome." She answered softly, followed by gentle strumming of the ukulele.

Ravi smiled to himself, blushing at how cute the girl sounded before letting himself drift off into sleep.

Unbeknownst to him, the girl continued on her soft strumming of her ukulele. She sat on her windowsill, one leg propped up and back leaning on the panel. She closed her eyes, letting the moonlight shine on her before she whispered out the last line.

"Just like me, they long to be... Close to you..."