final.

There She Goes

Wendy could only continue to pout, seeing the rest of her band mates teasing her to no end. Yes, she is lonely. Yes, she wants a lover that badly. But above anything else, the person whom she wants to be with so badly is right next to her. Chuckling like a little child.

 

“Unnie, I think Wendy-unnie has enough,” Joy smiled apologetically as she looked over to the very-much sulking Wendy. Sometimes, it’s the maknae who had to step in and act as the big-unnie, whenever their leader’s childishness is out of control.

 

“Alright, I’m sorry Wen,” Irene wiped off the tears that were forming in her eyes, from laughing too much and flashed a grin towards Wendy before wrapping an arm around the main vocalist’s waist. What she didn’t notice though, the slight blush on Wendy’s cheeks the moment she does that. “You’ll forgive this unnie of yours won’t you?”

 

“…Of course I will,” Wendy muttered under her breath.

 

“Hmm?” Irene’s close proximity as she leaned in was driving Wendy nuts that she even had to hold her breath, from letting Irene’s intoxicating smell get to her.

 

“Nothing. Let’s hurry to the van now,” Wendy hurriedly wriggled her way out of Irene’s grasp and quickened her pace, leaving the rest of the girls behind.

 

It was Irene’s turn to pout this time, feeling a tad disappointed from losing the warmth that she had been getting from Wendy. “She’s not mad is she?”

 

“I assure you unnie. She’s not,” Seulgi smiled knowingly and rushed to catch up to her friend. If there’s one thing that she could be sure of Wendy, it’s on how the younger girl never gets mad at their leader. Not even once.  “Hey, wait up!”

 

“Really?” Irene said to no one in particular, watching Wendy’s back growing a distance further and she shrugged. “Come on Joy.”

 

-

 

“Guys, I’m going out tonight. Don’t wait up for me for dinner.”

 

“Where to unnie?” Seulgi casts the older girl a curious glance. Irene was a bit under-dressed for a date but then again too well dressed to just go to a convenience store. The leader doesn’t seem to be bringing anything else other than her wallet though.

 

“The usual place,” she smiled. Only Seulgi knew what it meant and the bear gave a nod.

 

"Oh, be careful then.”

 

Just a few moments after Irene left the dorm, Wendy stepped out of their room looking unkempt due to the fact she had just woken up from a nap and it appears that she seems to be searching for something or rather, someone.

 

“Oh hey, you’re up.”

 

“Where did Irene-unnie go?”

 

“She’s out. She said not to wait for her though.”

 

“Oh…” Wendy mumbled dejectedly, plopping herself on the couch and she rested her head against Seulgi’s shoulder.

 

“Okay, so what’s up? Why are you all sad?”

 

“Sad? Who’s sad?” Wendy turned to look up to the bear, earning a gentle flick on her forehead.

 

“It’s you silly. It doesn’t take a genius to find out that you’re upset,” Seulgi clicked her tongue. “Now spill it out.”

 

“…Okay, I am,” Wendy admitted, drawing in her breath before gathering her courage to tell Seulgi the truth. And by the truth, she meant about her crush on their leader that had been going on for months now. Her secret had been driving her crazy and if she were to continue keeping it to herself, only god knows what will happen. “I like Irene-unnie.”

 

“…Okay?” Seulgi gave her a blank stare.

 

“You’re not surprised? I like Irene-unnie… the ual way. Not as a friend.”

 

“And I’m supposed to be surprised with that?” Seulgi quirked a brow before bursting into cackles of laughter, her voice filling the entire dorm. “Oh my gosh, this is so funny.”

 

“W-What is so funny? Why aren’t you surprised?”

 

“My dear Wendy. You have got to stop being so obvious around Irene-unnie. I think the only person who doesn’t know about your feelings is Irene-unnie herself. It takes a lot to crack into that head of hers filled with bunnies and rainbows,” Seulgi smiled and lightly tapped on Wendy’s nose. “That aside, you should ask her out soon. Before someone else does.”

 

“H-Huh? What does that supposed to mean?”

 

“You see,” Seulgi thought for a moment. “There’s this place that the two of us usually go to, whenever we’re stressed out so we would end up talking about stuff and all. And there’s this guy, he’s a trainee at YG and if I’m not mistaken he would be the leader of their new boy group. His name is Hanbin by the way.”

 

“And what’s your point here?”

 

“Sometimes we would hang out together, the three of us,” Seulgi grinned. “He’s a nice guy although he is a bit younger. He seems to like Irene-unnie a lot too.”

 

“Wait, what?!” Wendy shot up from her seat and widened her eyes. “Why didn’t you tell me this before?”

 

“I didn’t think I had to. You need to man up and handle your own love problem, Seungwan-ah,” Seulgi snickered. “Besides, it won’t be fair for Hanbin if I decided to help you.”

 

“…Some friend you are,” Wendy snorted, wanting to kill her so-called friend so badly at the moment. What if their leader ended up going out with this Hanbin guy and not her? It will take a while for her heart to heal for sure. There’s no one else like Irene.

 

“Maybe you should be on your way now, go get your girl,” Seulgi smiled and stood up from her seat as well, patting Wendy’s back. “Go get her some flowers and pizza. She’ll love those.”

 

“Pizza? Isn’t that a bit unromantic?”

 

“Well, you have the flowers to balance it out. Besides, it’s Irene-unnie we’re talking about here,” Seulgi rolled her eyes. “She’s the type of person that runs away after turning off the lights while someone is in the room.”

 

“…You’re right,” Wendy lifted a small smile. It’s Irene that they’re talking about. The childish person who managed to make her fall so hard. “Thanks Seul.”

 

-

 

So Wendy ended up having a box of pizza with her, along with a bouquet of roses on the empty sidewalk. The taxi driver did cast her a judging glance the moment she got into the taxi, asking to be dropped off at Han River. He’s probably wondering what on earth is a kid doing with all the things in her hand at that place.

 

All Seulgi told her on Irene’s whereabouts is that the leader is at Han River and if she looked for her long enough, Wendy would find her. How helpful, she thought to herself. Seulgi could’ve probably given her a more specific detail but no, the bear decided to be a troll that day.

 

Wendy sighed, clutching on to bouquet of flowers as she thought of the things to say to Irene.

 

“I like you unnie, will you go out with me?”

 

“Nah, too plain.”

 

“The stars seems beautiful tonight. It’s a perfect night for you to go out with me no?”

 

“…That’s too embarrassing to say,” Wendy blushed and shook her head.

 

“Girl, my anaconda could use some of those buns.”

 

“Oh my goodness, what on earth are you saying Son Seungwan,” Wendy shook her head furiously and it was then where a familiar voice came out of nowhere all of the sudden, surprising the hell out of her. It turns out to be the person whom she had been looking for, Irene. And she wasn’t alone.

 

“What buns? What are you doing here Wendy-ah?” Irene blinked for a few times. What stood next to her is a fine looking young man, wearing a cap and this must be the guy that Seulgi talked about, she thought. Hanbin.

 

Irene had to repeat her words once again, seeing that Wendy wasn’t paying the least bit of attention to her since the latter was too focused on staring at Hanbin. “What are you doing here Wendy-ah?” she waved her hands in front of Wendy.

 

“O-Oh. I just uhm, got back from buying pizza unnie,” she tried to come up with some lame excuse.

 

“You could’ve just ordered it no? And what’s with the roses?”

 

“I met a fan and she gave it to me,” Wendy lied once again before averting her eyes back to the young guy. “Who’s this unnie?”

 

“Him?” Irene took a glance at Hanbin. “He’s a friend of mine and Seulgi. His name is Hanbin by the way.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you noona,” he smiled and raised his two fingers to a salute. “A lot of people call me B.I but the name’s Hanbin.”

 

“It’s a pleasure meeting you too Hanbin,” Wendy faked a smile. He really does seem like a nice guy, just like Seulgi had stated earlier and it’s starting to make her feel insecure. Wendy has nothing compared to this guy. She’s short, she looks like Olaf and on top of that, she’s a walking derp bomb.

 

“Do you want to join us then Wendy? We were just taking a walk earlier.”

 

Wendy could feel a pang of jealousy hitting her, as soon as she heard that this Hanbin guy had just spent some time alone with Irene. “Yeah, sure. We could share the pizza together.”

 

“You don’t mind right Hanbin?” Irene smiled, with Hanbin doing the same afterwards.

 

“Of course I don’t noona.”

 

-

 

“Thanks for the food Wendy-noona,” Hanbin grinned. For once, he actually looked like a kid. In the past half an hour that Wendy had been spending with him, Hanbin seemed like a grown man from the way he talks and she was definitely shocked to find out his real age. It turns out Seulgi wasn’t lying when she said that Hanbin is younger. The guy is at the same age as their maknae is. A 96-liner. And surprisingly, Wendy was starting to grow fond of him somehow.

 

“You’re welcome kid,” Wendy chuckled. Little did the two of them know, Irene was watching them at the side with a smile, glad that both Wendy and Hanbin were getting along.

 

“Hey guys, I’m gonna get some drinks at the vending machine. I’ll be right back yeah?” Irene dusted off her pants as she stood up, excusing herself from the two.

 

“Oh? Do you want any help noona?”

 

“No thanks, I could handle a few cans of drinks,” Irene gave him a thumbs up before running off towards the direction of the nearest vending machine, leaving Wendy behind with Hanbin even before the two could try to persuade her into taking them along.

 

“That girl,” Wendy shook her head with a smile and Hanbin couldn’t help but to ask the question that had been running through his mind all the while the three of them were together. It’s clear to him that he’s not the only one smitten with Irene. He might be wrong but there was just something about the way Wendy was looking at Irene.

 

“Noona, can I ask you something?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Do you like Irene-noona?” Hanbin carefully voiced out his thought and the moment he saw Wendy’s face froze, he knew his suspicions were right after all. “So I was right,” he chuckled.

 

“W-Was I that obvious?” Wendy mentally face-palmed herself. She wondered on how many out there who noticed her affection for Irene.

 

“Yes you are,” an amused smile spread across his lips. “I wonder if I look like that too while staring at her.”

 

“Look like what?”

 

“Like a lovesick fool,” he laughed, earning a light smack on his shoulder from Wendy.

 

“Yah, that’s not a very nice thing to say.”

 

“Alright, I’m sorry noona,” Hanbin finally stopped laughing, trying to defend himself from being hit by the snowman again as he scooted away from Wendy with a smile. “Jokes aside, I think you deserve Irene-noona more than I do.”

 

“…Huh?” Wendy blinked. As much as she’s glad to hear it coming from Hanbin, she’s still curious on why the guy was so quick on giving up Irene to her. “Why’s that?”

 

“Irene-noona probably never told you about this, but she talks about you a lot. Sure she talks about Seulgi-noona as well and your maknae but I’ve noticed that she talks about you more compared to the others. On how you did well, on how you would pull of silly faces at times, on how cute you were and the list goes so on. She doesn’t realize it but she likes you a lot,” Hanbin paused for a moment as he took off his cap. “It made me jealous actually. I’m finally glad that I get to meet you today though noona. You seem to be a really nice person for Irene-noona. I’m sure that you would be the one who could spend more time with her anyways, since you’re in the same group and you’ve known her longer than I do.”

 

“You, you’re really nice,” Wendy heaved a sigh and pulled Hanbin closer to her, placing her arm around his shoulders as she rubbed his arm soothingly. Strangely, Hanbin felt like the small brother that she never had. “I hope that you get to meet someone nice in the future and when you do, you have to tell this noona alright?”

 

“I will. Thanks noona,” Hanbin smiled to her once again. It was around then where Irene returned to them with a few cans of Coke, panting heavily.

 

“Oh god, you won’t believe what I saw just now-“ Irene was quick to notice Wendy’s arm around Hanbin. “What are you guys doing while I was gone?”

 

“Huh?” Wendy then realized where the older girl was looking at before withdrawing her arm from Hanbin, smiling sheepishly. “Nothing unnie.”

 

“…You’re not hiding anything from noona, are you Hanbin?” Irene tried to intimidate the said-guy using her glare, only to find it ineffective. She looked like an angry puppy instead.

 

“Of course not noona,” Hanbin chuckled. “What did you saw earlier by the way?”

 

“Oh, that… I saw a couple making out earlier behind the bushes! It was so embarrassing so that’s why I ran the way back here,” Irene nodded furiously and continued to talk endlessly about her encounter, both Hanbin and Wendy listening to her speak with a smile plastered on her face. The wonders of Bae Joohyun, the girl can always make people smile unknowingly.

 

-

 

Right after Hanbin took his leave, saying that the boys would be worried if he disappeared for too long, Irene tackled the other girl to the grass and hovered on top of her. Demanding for the answer to the question that she had asked the two before since she suspected that Wendy was indeed hiding something from her.

 

“Spill it out, what’s going on with you and Hanbin earlier?” she pouted, keeping her grip on Wendy’s wrists.

 

“Y-You should let me go first unnie,” Wendy’s cheeks were flushed. What would someone else think if they saw the two girls in an uncompromising position?

 

“Not until you tell me.”

 

Wendy had to take in a deep breath upon seeing Irene’s beautiful features up close. “I’m serious unnie. You should let me go first before something happens.”

 

“What will happen?” Irene scoffed and in a split second she said that, she was flipped over and was instead straddled by Wendy on the grass. The leader widened her eyes and it was her turn to blush. “W-What are you doing?”

 

“I told you to let me go unnie,” Wendy smiled tantalizingly, her breath tickling against Irene’s lips. “Do you want to know what I’m hiding from you?”

 

“W-What?”

 

“I’m hiding the fact that I like you unnie. I like you a lot.”

 

And with that, Wendy just threw everything away to press her lips against the older girl, kissing her gently and letting the rest of the night flow.

 

-

 

“So you bought that pizza just for me?” Irene muttered under her breath shyly, rolling to her side as she continued to hold Wendy’s hand, whose owner is just smiling foolishly to the sky as she lay down on the grass.

 

“Yeah. And the roses are for you as well,” she nodded and tipped her chin to the forgotten bouquet. “I just couldn’t bring myself to confess in front of Hanbin.”

 

“It’s a good thing that you didn’t do that. It would’ve been so embarrassing.”

 

“What? I’m embarrassing to you?” Wendy faked a hurt look. “Maybe I should go now-“

 

“No!” Irene replied shortly. “I just, I would prefer to receive a confession while I’m alone,” the leader confessed shyly and scooted closer to her girlfriend, burying her face onto the crook of Wendy’s neck.

 

“Ah, I see. It’s a good thing I did that then,” Wendy chuckled and planted a soft kiss on Irene’s crown. “Are you shy?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“You’re so cute.”

 

The corner of her lips lifted up into a smile and that night was probably the happiest night she had ever had in her life.

 

 

Author’s Note – Finally done with this ; u ;