Jongin's Insecurity

Jongin's Insecurity

Jongin stared at himself in his dressing table mirror that he was sat in front of. He brought his hands up to his face and began poking and proding at the red blemishes on his face. He sighed then looked down at all the cosmetics and creams that was spread across the table in front of him. He looked over at the door which was left ajar so he could focus his hearing in on what was going on outside the bedroom that he shared with his boyfriend Kyungsoo, and that's exactly who he was listening for. He was making sure he couldn't hear Kyungsoo making his way back from the bathroom so he could put all these lotions and potions on his face without Kyungsoo seeing him do so.

You might be asking why Jongin is so paranoid. You might be asking why he doesn't want anyone seeing him put on a bit of make-up. It'snot the fact that he is putting on make-uo that he is trying ti hide, it's the reason he has to put it on. Jongin has acne. Acne in which he feels makes him look ugly and if he thinks he looks ugly then so will everyone else. Especially Kyungsoo so he doesn't let anyone see him bare faced. He leaves his make-up on all day and all night and he usually goes in the shower in the morning while everyone else is eating breakfast so he could get ready alone.

Jongin was just finishing evening out his concealer when he heard Kyungsoo padding down the hall bare footed from the bathroom. He paniced and quicly picked up everything he had on the table and put them in a box thathe keeps them in then hurried over to his wardrobe and put the box right at the back of the wardrobe behind all his clothes. He jumped a bit when he heard Kyungsoo push the door open, then he turned round to see him wearing nothing but a towel round his waist. his skin glisend a bit in the light because he hadn't fully dryed himself off yet and his hair was messy, probably from when he dryed it with a towel. He was beautiful and he was Jongin's and he didn't want to lose him over his own bad skin. Jongin found he had a lump in his throat and a tear in his eye.

"Hey you, are you okay?" Kyungsoo said as he walked towards Jongin a bit with his shirt in his hands.

Jongin cleard his throat before he spoke. "What? Oh uh, yeah i just poked myself in the eye and it's begining to water haha"

"I leave you alone for ten minutes and you injure yourself, your worse than Baek" Kyungsoo chuckled as he put on his shirt. "Oh that reminds me, I need to go and kill him for eating all of the Special K."He added looking out into the hallway where you can hear the rest of the group talking and laughing.

Jongin laughed,surley Baekhyun would be more careful with this stuff considering Kyungsoo has always been planning his murder.

Jongin got the sudden urge to confide in his bestfriend about his worries. Taemin always knew how to talk sense into him about these things.

"Um, I'm going to Taemin's for a bit. You don't mind do you?" Jongin asked as he pulled his pair of Nike Air trainers that Kyungsoo got him for his birthday past out of the wardrobe.

Kyungsoo pulled on his black skinny jeans and smiled at Jongin.

"No of course not. I don't want you seeing me Kill Bacon anyway, I get real ugly" Chuckled Kyungsoo once again.

The word 'ugly' echoed in Jongin's ears. He imagined Kyungsoo standing over him and laughing at him, shouting at him and telling him he was ugly, telling him that his acne made him ugly and he didn't want to be seen with an ugly person. Even though heknew Kyungsoo would never do such a thing, he couldn't help but worry. He slipped on his shoes quickly then walked over to Kyungsoo before planting a peck on his lips and saying goodbye to him then walked out the door.

Kyungsoo got up and walked over to the dressing table. He was about to sit down to do his hair when he kicked something. He bent down and picked it up then turned it face up so he could read the lable.

"Acne cream?" he said quietly to himself.

_____________________________

There was a knock at the door and Taemin scruched his face in confusion wondering who it was. He muted his television as he got up and began walking down the hall to his front door. He looked out the peep hole and saw an upset looking Jongin. He quickly opened the door and watched as Jongin made his way into his home, he walked behind him up the hall.

"Hey bro, you alright" Questioned Taemin.

Jongin sat down on Taemin's brown leather couch before he answered.

"Umm no, not really" He said in reply with a forced laugh.

Taemin quickly sat down beside Jongin and put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Why what's happened?" Asked Taemin in a concerned voice.

"Nothing has happened, well not yet anyway, it's just what i have been thinking about" Replied Jongin looking down at his shoes.

"Well come on then spit it out, you can tell me." Taemin urged.

Jongin tooka deep breath before telling Taemin what was on his mind. "Okay this is going to sound stupid but it's about my acne, I'm scared that Kyungsoo will find out about it and not find me attractive anymore and then dump me. I can't let that happen, it will kill me"

After Taemin heard what Jongin said he chuckleda bit in disbelief thenhe stopped because he thought he was being insensitive.

"That's impossible Jongin, Kyungsoo is head over heels for you regardless if you have acne or not. He would of had them too it's natural he knows that." Taemin said trying to reasure Jongin.

Jongin looked up at Taemin. "He is head over heels? How'd you know?"

Taemin smiled and proceeded to say "He told me a few months ago, it was when i came and saw you guys practicing. He was watching you dancing and he just randomly came out with how much he loves and admires you"

Jongin's eyes started to well up. "I really needed to hear that, I mean he says he loves me all the time but knowing that he has said it to someone else just makes me happy. Cuz he wouldn't say it to someone else unless he really meant it, right?"

"Exactly!" exclaimed Taemin. "Seriously, you have nothing to worry about." He added.

Jongin smiled as he stared into space then looked at Taemin.

"I need to go back to the dorm and see him." Jongin said as he pushed himself up from the couch.

"Yeah, of course. Call me and tell me what happens" Taemin says as he leads Jongin to the door.

Jongin opens the front door and turns to Taemin and says, "Thanks again for this, I really apreciate it." before heading out the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin hurries back into the dorm and says hi to the rest of the members in the living room. He notices that Kyungsoo isn't there and asks where he is, they tell him he is in his and Jongin's room. Before Jongin heads to the bedroom he chuckles lightly seeing Baekhyun and Sehun having a head stand competitionon one of the couches and watches as Baekhyun goes tumbling to the floor.

He makes his way quickly down the hall and into the bedroom to see Kyungsoo sitting on his bed with one of Jongin's blemish creams. The youngers eyes widen.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" Kyungsoo asked holding the tube up looking at Jongin.

"How did you get that? Asked Jongin pointing at the tube.

"Answer mine first" Kyungsoo said, placing a hand on his hip.

Jongin sighed but gave in, he was going to tell him anyway. "I was scared that you wouldn't like me anymore after finding out that I had acne" He said saddly.

Kyungsoo had a hurt expression on his face. He got up from the bed and walk over to Jongin and stood in front of him. Jongin waited for him tosay something, instead he got a flick on the nose.

"Ow!" Jongin winced as he rubbed his nose.

"Kim Jongin, how dare you think that I would sink so low!" Kyungsoo said in a raised voice.

The others heard what Kyungsoo had said and all looked at each other before silently agreeing to go and eves drop by their door.

"I don't give a flying if you have acne! I don't care about any of that because it isn't what made me want to go out with you in the first place! It was just you. Just perfect, beautiful you and I wouldn't have you any other way. I live you Kim Jongin you stupid dork."

On the otherside of the door, Sehun and Tao both looked at each other and stuck their fingers in their mouth and made a gagging noise, while Suho and Baekhyun both cooed a the door.

Jongin started crying and pulled Kyungsoo into a tight hug, then pulled apart a bit and planted a soft but passionate kiss on Kyungsoo's lips.

After they pulled away Jongin said a belated "I love you too" to Kyungsoo.