Error

Error
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We layed still under the machine listening to it's countdown.

"Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one, zero"

The machine went for her first. I watched as her left leg got disconnected and then her whole leg. I looked up to her face to avoid seeing the rest of her getting terminated. She caught me looking and smiled, trying to look brave, but I knew she was scared. I felt sorry for her, if I hadn't been so selfish this wouldn't be happening now. 

"Hongbin!" I looked up from my book and saw my smiling girlfriend running towards me. I got up, putting down my book and took her into my arms as she reached me.

"Young Ji, take it easy." I laughed and she pouted.

We left the park and started walking back to the apartment, which we shared. I looked at the other side of the street and saw a food qiosk and started to feel hungry. 

"I'm hungry," I whined and she chuckled  "Me too."

After thirty minutes of debating, we decided to go buy the ingredients for kimchi fried rice we both enjoyed. Soon we were home after stopping by at the supermarket and Young Ji went straight to the kitchen to start cooking and I followed her, but only to get me two sandwiches. After I made my sandwiches I made my way into my workroom.

The year before I got a crazy idea to build robots that's very much like us humans but faster and stronger. Young Ji would say cyborgs but I call them robots. I had five built up robots, but I wasn't ready to switch them on. I labeled them as N, K3N, L30, R@V1 and H.Y.U.K so Young Ji called them N, Ken, Leo, Ravi and Hyuk. I laughed when I remembered how she argued with me to change their names but I refused and she got mad. 

I was about to start working when Young Ji came in to tell me she was going back to the supermarket to buy some drinks since we didn't have any left. I nodded and went back to work.

An hour passed and Young Ji wasn't back but I just shrugged it thinking she had met a friend at the store.

An hour and twenty three minutes I got a phone call from Young Ji, but when I answered it wasn't her on the other end. The person sounded paniced as he told me my girlfriend got hit by a delivery truck and had been moved to a nearby hospital and was in the emergency room.

I ended the call, went for my car key, ran to my car and drove as fast as I could down to the hospital. I ran to the reception and asked about Young Ji, a nurse overheard and signaled for me to follow her. She led me to the room where Young Ji was and opened the door and gave me a light push inside, which I was thankful for because I couldn't bring myself to go inside.

"She is having an internal bleeding and her heart rate is very low, and we're not sure we'll be able to help her. I'm afraid she won't make it." The doctor looked at me with sadness. He patted my back, shook his head and left the room. 

Alone with her, I walked over to her motionless body, tears flowing down like a waterfall. I took her hands and told her she had to wake up, but I didn't think she could hear me. Exhausted from the day, I fell asleep by her side, my head on the bed.

I woke up because i felt someone hand running through my hair and looked up and saw Young Ji. I quickly got up on my feet and started tearing up. 

"Are you feeling better?" I asked her and she shook her head making me tear up even more. 

"My head hurts." She sobbed. 

She lifted her arm and started to reach for my face, but she suddenly stopped, whispered I love you and her arm fell back to her side and remained motionless, she remained motionless. The ECG started beeping loudly and the doctor followed by three nurses rushed in. He checked her pul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter