001.

in the studio.

gikwang’s laugh is too loud and too aggravating - to the point that junhyung’s focus is lost, words meshing together unceremoniously in black ink scrawled across horizontal lines. not a sentence makes sense and really, how is he supposed to work as a songwriter if his songs have no weight to them? heaving a frustrated sigh, junhyung turns his chair in the direction of that infamous laughter and silences the young man with an icy glare. “i’m sorry,” gikwang manages a whimper, save for the crack in his voice, blamed solely on the shiver racing tracks up his spine.

 

he loves junhyung more than anything or anyone and junhyung knows that, he feels that from the center of his heart right to the tips of his fingers. but he’s never met a more distracting man than lee gikwang in the entirety of his life. nor a man as dense and obvious, he deems since only gikwang blushes right after being scolded. what an odd boy, junhyung thinks.

 

he determines too that gikwang lacks that of a backbone, always too shy to approach and far less courageous to confess to the older man that he feels more than he should, more than he ever should have really. junhyung is something far off for him though; a man so large and complicated that it’d take gikwang years to map out each crease in junhyung’s thought process… and even longer for him to list what exactly the man makes him feel. all gikwang knows is that simple touches light his skin on fire and quiet words pressed against the back of his neck at four in the morning stop his heart. which only splutters to a start when junhyung pulls away with a, “go back to sleep, baby.” and really, he wonders if junhyung is half asleep or messing with his emotions. maybe both.

 

yet tonight, something is different in the way junhyung devours him with his eyes alone. gikwang can’t tell if he’s angry with him or if junhyung is terribly intrigued by the way gikwang’s lips glisten with a fresh coat of saliva.

 

junhyung is usually a patient man, he learned that from his own father - good things come to those who wait: who wait and work. if gikwang won’t make the first move, why couldn’t junhyung? when did he become the girl between the two? they both knew gikwang was the shy one, the always insecure, the “are you sure my selca looks okay, Dongwoon?” but it makes him wonder when gikwang invaded his thoughts, persistent and annoying to say the least. life was never fun if there was no play and junhyung knows he works too damn hard to not have something worth living for.

 

he’s also a quiet man, never needing to explain with his words unless in song, so gikwang doesn’t question the man when he’s dragged up into that lap, thighs spread to accommodate the position and more so for junhyung’s hands to admire and praise the fullness of what his hands had found purchase on. the kiss following is nothing short of confusing to the less than quick to process events lee gikwang and he pulls back with a peculiar arch to his left brow.

 

“shut up,” junhyung murmurs before the boy even has a chance to open his pretty lips. “do you have a question for everything or can i just kiss you already?”

 

needless to say, gikwang stayed silent.