Chapter 1

The Anguish

* Chapter 1 *

 

Park Ara Pov:

It was a bright day, I could tell. I could hear the birds singing melodramatically from my isolated bedroom and the glittering ray of sun shine upon my eyes through the open window nearby.

I tried to block the cruel rays of sunlight with my thick blanket on my icy bed but I guess, the God won’t let me sleep anymore. *Sigh* I lazily got up from my bed with a frown on my face then I landed one of my leg on the carpet. Accidently, I tripped on my own leg which makes me bumped hardly to the ground. “Ouch!” I groaned as a sharp pain shot through my ankle. I unwillingly pushed myself to stand upright defying the gravity and dragged myself into the bathroom, to prepare for the first day of school.

School, that is a place which sums up a teenager’s life; they find their friends, happiness, and even love. Love, that’s the thing I want to know and understand the most in my life. I’ve seen some people suffering over the one they love and I’ve even asked them a thousand of questions in my mind, “Why do Love seems so important to them?, Love is just a complex emotion.”

Even if wasn’t the love shared by couple, people still got love from their parents, family, relatives or friends. Sadly, I was not none of those people. I do have a father, but you know what? He is a kind of person that people wouldn’t even dare to make an eye contact with, the Mafia. My mother? Well, she is a room salon owner. I hate both of them for being that kind of person and I hate him, my father, for forcing me to be a part of his gang.

As a teenager girl, I want to spend my time with my friends or experience everything what the teenager do but I don’t have a chance to experience them. I envy normal school girls; they could cope well with school life unlike me who totally failed interacting with people. It could be either my appearance or behavior which made almost the entire school avoid or you could say afraid of me. I have a long curly hair which falls on both side of my face and I never made an effort to tie them up. I have a pair of dark brown eyes looks very sharp and intense. I also have a habit of placing both my hands in the pockets of my hoodie which I wear almost every day. I don’t usually talk because it is meaningless to talk to anyone at school and I always put on my poker face. I rarely smile because there is no reason for me to do that, also I am not normal girl, you should know that. I feel apathetic and spiritless. After a few minutes, I clear up my deep thoughts and walk out of the bathroom. Right now, I only have long, thin towel with me to cover up my body so I quickly pulled out my uniform from my dresser and changed into it. I grabbed my bag together with my phone and a toast and headed to school.

Outside of my apartment, I plugged the earphone into my ear preparing for a boring school day. Unlike other students, I don’t take a bus, MRT or car to go to school because it would just waste my allowance so I always walk to school, and it is also not very tiring because the school is just a stone throw away from my place.

When I arrived to front of the school gate, I heard some students whispering and muttering about me while giving me a look. I tried to ignore them as usual. I heard the school bell later. While walking towards my room, I saw some students running into their room not to get detention unlike me. I just keep clam and walk in a normal pace as I don’t care about school rules or detentions.

When I finally reach in front my homeroom, I could hear the form teacher, Ms. Im, calling for the attendance. Without a second thought, I pull the door harshly, attracting attention from the whole class. I manage to stay calm and give a slight bow to say I am sorry for being late. After I got a nod from the teacher, I headed to my seat which is located in the 2nd row, last column. I then folded my arm and lowered my head to take a nap after I pull off the earphone and placed the bag below the desk. Before I could even put down my head, I heard Ms.Im announced, “Well, guys. This year you’ll have new transfer student from New York. Please treat her well.” She then gestured the person to come into the room. I could tell that the person was a girl since I heard the introduction, “Hello everyone. I am Song HyoMi and I just transferred from New York this year so I hope you guys get along with me,” she ended with a sweet smile on her face. Her voice was soft and girly so I could immediately imagine her appearence. Then I heard Ms.Im talked again, “Since you’ve done your introduction,” she hesitated for a while but continued, “Please take a seat beside Park Ara.” Another annoying student, I thought as I open my eyes but remain at the same position. While the girl name Song HyoMi is walking toward me, I could hear the whispering of the students which made me irritated like hell. After she took a seat beside me, I could see her staring at me from the side of my eyes. “Okay that’s all for today but start collecting your mind and prepare from midterm exam,” she said and the student started to groaned, she then continued “Class president,” “Yes?” the class president, Luhan answered. “Clean the empty desk,” she said. “Yes ma’am,” he answered then Ms.Im walk out of the room. Without any hesitation, I said in a low monotone voice, “Go sit over there.” Everyone stop doing their job and look at our way as if there’s no tomorrow. At first I am thinking of the girl would asked many question about why she needs to change place or blah blah blah but to my surprise, she took all her things and move to the side unseated table without any questions.

HyoMi pov:

“Hello I am Shin Eun Ha,” one of the students introduced by running toward my seat. “You did a good thing. Don’t try to make her mad or get involved with her,” Shin Eun Ha continue as both of us took a glance to the poker face girl. “Park Ara. You know the 7:1 legend right? She is the leader,” she then continued eyeing at her again. “What should I say, She is ‘Yijing,’ but simiIar to street fight. Even guys avoid her” Eun Ha continued in a soft voice so no one can hear her. “Even guys?” I asked a little surprised. “There’s really true reason why they can’t,” she said with serious face then took a closer toward me and whispered into my ear, “Her lover is an impressive guy.” “Really?” I asked wanting to know more. “That’s it for now. Anyway, don’t go near her. It’s the best if you pretend she’s invincible,” she said while shaking her head and I then took another glance at Park Ara who just ignore the whole class.


Ara Pov:
The boring three subjects has finally finished, it was already Lunch time. I got up from my seat and walked aimlessly towards the canteen, as usual with my faceless manner.

While walking into the canteen, I saw a thousand of students taking up the seats. I guess there are many new students this year. I headed to take my own lunch and queued. After an hour of queuing, it was finally my turn. I grabbed my tray and was about to walk away when somebody bumped me causing my lunch to fall down which left a large stain on my uniform.

Everyone in the canteen stop whatever they were doing and turned to us, looking stunned. I clenched my fists as I shut my eyes tightly. Breathe In, Breathe Out. I continuously reminded myself not to make a scene while almost everyone in the canteen was watching me as if I was a wild animal. While I was taking my time to calm down, I heard someone passed by said to another, “Isn’t that Park Gyu Dong? He is surely in a big trouble” Park Gyu Dong? I took a quick glance at the person. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. I mean, I--” he said while lowering his head frightened to make an eye contact with me. “I got it,” I cut him off with low voice before he could say anything then I walked out to change my dirty uniform. Before I disappeared from the scene, I heard one student said, “Is that really Park Ara? How come she doesn’t do anything? I thought she was gonna beat the hell outta him.” Because I need to control my outburst. I replied her telepathically then walk toward the students’ bathroom beside the school gym.

In the bathroom, I took off my clothes to take a cold shower in order to clean myself and refresh my mind. In the middle of the shower, I realized I forgot something, which is very important, my extra clothes. , I cursed myself under my breath. Lucky, I had my phone in my skirt pocket so I decided to call one of my classmates. I scanned the contact in my phone but to my sadness, I have no one phone number. Aish, I cursed again while lowering my head. So, instead I have to wear my old stained uniform. Before I could do that, I heard a male voice coming outside the room, “Park Ara, are you inside?” Who the hell is that and why the hell is he looking for me? I refused to answer him. “Good, I’m coming in,” he said. Okay, I thought Wait. What? “Who are you?” I asked the male with very cold voice. “Park Ara, you’re such forgetful girl. You don’t even take your spare clothes to change. I come to give you your--” he change the subject but I cut him off instead, “Who are you” “Why don’t you stop repeating the same annoying question and take your spare clothes” he said a little annoyed by my action. He then passed my clothes over the door and said, “Next time, don’t forget your things. I won’t help you for second time,” he stopped for a while wanting to hear my respond but I give him none so he continued; “You should at least thanks me. Anyway, bye.” I nodded although he could not see me and I could hear the fading sound of his shoes which reminded me that he has left already. Who the hell is he? I thought very curious to know the unknown guy. Clearing all my thought, I folded my old clothes and wear the new one.

After changing, I headed toward my room to prepare for another class but when I reached, I only see empty seats. Where did they go? I thought as I take my bag and put my stain clothes in the paper bag. “Today, teacher let us go back early, cause they are doing very important meeting.” a male voice answered my question as if I questioned it out loud. I turned to look at him to see who he is, but to my surprised, it was Luhan, the class president. Without giving any respond, I prepared to leave, leaving him dumbfounded, but before I could do that, “You should at least thank me, you know.” I stopped my track and turned to his sided only to find him looking curiously at me smiling. His smile sent a shocking wave though my body. I could not believe I was affected by a single smile which was… warm and charming. Every girl could melt within his smile. Clearing all my embarrassing thoughts, I turned and walked away giving him my back. But before leaving the class, I told him in a low voice not planning to let him hear it, “Thanks” then left him alone in the empty class. I could feel his grin even though I did not turn to look back at him.


Author's Note

Chapter 1 finally updated! Horay!!

I am very sorry for late update but I hope you like it :D

Please keep supporting me!! *wink*

It is a short one but I try my best to become long. ^^

Thanks everyone ^_^

             With best of loves,

                        Yuta