Chapter 3 - Client, You Can't~

Travel Through to a Calamity of Fate

Ten days later......

 

 

The curtains of the Plum Blossom Competition are drawn. The Drunken Red Brothel is filled with guests. The crowd is bustling.

 

 

"Oh~~~" Mo Mo Li greets in a high-pitched voice. "Sirs, you're here so early~"

 

"Mo Mo Li," one of the childes says, "When does the Plum Blossom Competition start? Don't make us wait too long."

 

"Rest easy. Menfolk, please take a seat, it's going to start now~"

 

"Make the ladies widen our field of vision properly," another childe says. "If they perform well, there will be great rewards!"

 

(Note- Widen the Field of Vision = Be an eye-opener)

 

Mo Mo Li beams with pleasure. "Okay~"

 

~~~~~

 

The Plum Blossom Competition officially begins. Yan Ran draws the last stick, therefore chosen to be the last one to appear on stage.

 

The ladies of the Drunken Red Brothel execute their talents separately one by one, vowing to seize the title of Plum Blossom. Yan Ran watches their performances closely.

 

Lin Zi Yan plays a melody. Although the sound of the qin is beautiful, but playing this kind of mild melody at this time……is after all, a loss of liveliness. It's a little boring. The effect on the audience is mediocre. The amount of people who bid on Lin Zi Yan is relatively less. In the end, the 200 gold offered by Childe Li becomes the highest price.

 

Shang Guan Jiu Hong dances a charming and enchanting dance from a foreign land. This dance is enchanting and merry, and has quite an exotic style. Just seeing her twisting her waist and swaying her hips with a voluptuous posture hooks the hearts and souls of people. She causes all of the guests to applaud and whistle in succession. The masters and childes who fancy Shang Guan Jiu Hong bid one after another. In the end, the 600 gold offered by Ministry Councillor Lin becomes the highest price.

 

Yang Mi Er sings Jiang Nan Tune. Her voice is sweet, agreeable, elegant, and beautiful. The melody is rather charming and interesting. It's like she's letting people see a beautiful lady from the south of the lower reaches of the Yangtze River. The crowd listens with sprightly interest. They could not help being moved. In the end the 400 gold offered by Childe Feng becomes the highest price.

 

The stage's match results are intense. Currently, Shang Guan Jiu Hong's price is in the lead with 600 gold.

 

Hah, I said that the title of Plum Blossom will definitely be mine, Jiu Hong thinks to herself.

 

Lin Zi Yan and Yang Mi Er both glare at Jiu Hong.

 

Hmph, just wait and see, Zi Yan thinks.

 

, what's the big deal? Mi Er says mentally, scowling at Jiu Hong.

 

Meanwhile, Mo Mo Li of the Drunken Red Brothel has a cramp in her hand from counting money. Ah ha ha ha~~ this plum blossom competition idea is honestly too great!

 

Half a shi chen later……

 

(Note- One shi chen is equal to two hours, so half a shi chen would be one hour.)

 

It is finally Yan Ran's turn to step on stage. She is dressed in an alluring red dress with a red feather-like hair accessory in her hair. She takes a deep breath, then……


"Client, you can't; you're getting closer and closer to me
Where are your eyes looking? Yet you're pretending to be so calm~"


Yan Ran sings with a lovely voice.

 

"Client, you can't; I am to blame for being beautiful
And my temperament is so amorous, be careful in case I really get angry~"

 


Her lips curl into a seductive smile. She sings fabulously and glamourously. The crowd becomes antsy from hearing her voice~~


"Oh, the way this song is sung…" a childe says. "Even my heart is growing soft~~~"


Another childe whistles. "Little beauty, what can't ?"


"I like this effort of rejecting yet welcoming," another says. "I'll bid 500 gold!"


(Note- Rejecting Yet Welcoming is an idiom which means that someone wants something, yet acts like he or she doesn't want it.)


"I'll bid 600 gold!" another one calls out. "Tonight you're mine! I'll let you see what is called can !"


Yan Ran continues singing~

"Where are you now? I think of you everyday,
Missing the air around you, missing your naughty eyes~
Where are you now? I recall our memories everyday,
Recalling our funny encounter, recalling our sad ending~"


"700 gold!" a childe cries out.


"800 gold!"


"900 gold!"


"Client, client, client, you can't
Client, client, client, where are you?
Client, client, client, I miss you~"


The men in the crowd raise their offered prices in succession. Not long afterwards, Yan Ran's price has already far exceeded the prices of the other ladies of the Drunken Red Brothel.


Mo Mo Li is delighted to the point where she's grinning from ear to ear. Oh, she thinks to herself. I had no idea that this girl is so loveable~


Yang Mi Er, Shang Guan Jiu Hong, and Lin Zi Yan all glare at Yan Ran with envy, jealousy, and hate. "Hmph!" they huff in unison. "She's truly shameless!"


Suddenly, a voice says,


"Three thousand gold."