Final

The Cold War

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! I'm back with my third fanfic of VIXX, this time featuring LEE JAEHWAN A.K.A KEN!!!

Now, there's not much romance in this fanfic because I wrote this with a humor genre in mind. So, be warned!

Let me know if you guys want a part 2 of this one shot. I'm still on the fence about it!

In other news, I just started my major exams today. Wish me luck for the rest of my papers people! 

Again, feedback is much appreciated and comments are LOVE!!

Enjoy! ^_^


The day was cold. The winter had settled in a few days before, blanketing your whole neighborhood with white sleet and snow. You thanked the heaven that you had decided that today was a good day to wear your favorite bright red parka. You felt extra cozy that Saturday afternoon and you felt sure that nothing could change the happy winter feeling bubbling in your chest.

You heaved a contented sigh, reshouldering your sling bag as you continued on your walk back home. Inside the sling bag held your chocolate cake and tumbler of hot chocolate. You had took the time to resupply chocolate from the cafe a few blocks from your house and you were anticipating to consume every chocolate food while reading your John Green novel. Sounded quite a good day plan.

You couldn't contain a squeal as you walked across the park. It was a shortcut to your house and you admired the frozen trees and icy lake. It looked like a picture out of a winter wonderland.

You held your hand out, caressing a snowy shrub before pocketing your hands. It was getting cold and you didn't want to risk frostbite. You frowned when you realized that the area seemed awfully quiet. You knew for a fact that usually, the playground kids would be out having one of their snowball fights, one they affectionately called "The Second Cold War".

But the area was quiet. Too quiet.

You tensed your body, feeling wary as you treaded on cautiously. You clutched the sling on your bag hard, eyes scanning the area like a trapped squirrel. You felt extremely vulnerable in the open.

In a whizz, a stray snowball flew in the cold air and splatted itself onto your head. The impact shocked you and you immediately felt the cold ice melting onto your hair.

"Ouch!" You whimpered, swatting off the excess snow from your hair. You glanced around for the instigator, eyes wide in anger. You saw a grinning face amidst the snowy bushes and before you could reprimand the boy, you were hit again, square on the back.

"Oww!!" You spun around, feeling angrier by the second. You caught sight of brown hair jutting from a bush. Fuming angrily, you went over to it, only to see a small 8 year old spectacled boy. You recognized him as Hongbin, the son of your neighbor, who also had a massive crush on you.

"Hongbin! You were the one who threw the snowball at me?" You exclaimed, surprised and a little hurt at the betrayal.

Hongbin's eyes widened in surprise. He immediately rubbed his palms together in apology. "Aniya noona!! I only did it for your protection!"

Before you could comprehend what he meant, an unforeseen force tackled you down from behind. You let out a yelp before you crumpled to the cold snow.

"What the- Wonshik!" You cried out angrily when you saw that the 8 year old boy that lived across your house had tackled you down. He wore a beanie that was wet with snow.

Ignoring you, he turned to Hongbin. "Were we spotted?!" He asked in a commanding hushed voice.

Hongbin saluted, puffing out his chest in pride. "Unfortunately sir, we have been spotted by sharp shooter Leo."

"Shoot! I told you we shouldn't have brought her in!" He reprimanded the spectacled boy.

"With all due respect sir, I could not leave behind a damsel in distress!"

"Agh, you and your puppy love. Give me 10 push ups, private!"

"Sir, yes sir!"

You watched, bum still seated on the snow as you watch Hongbin attempt to do a push up with his scrawny body and Wonshik folding his arms like a sergeant.

"What in the world is going on here?" Your voice was shaky from the cold but nevertheless, angry.

Wonshik turned to you, his fists on his hips. "We are in a middle of a war, new recruit! Because of Private Lee here, you're more or less on our side now. Which makes you their enemy." Wonshik pointed his finger at the opposite direction.

"Enemy? Whose enemy?" You asked.

"The 'United Ahjumma Nations'," A tone of resentment in his voice. "They also go by the names of 'The New World Union' or 'Sunmi's Lovers Fanclub'." Wonshik trailed off, a look of distaste in his eyes.

"They're better known as the 'Big Nose Gang'." Hongbin piped in, still into his 5th push up.

"Why?" You asked with an incredulous look on your face.

"The leader has one of the largest noses around. Always using his superior experience as an upper hand." Wonshik added his frustration by hitting his fist to his palm.

You shook your head. "Look, it's nice and all for you guys to bring me in in one of your stupid role plays but I think I should be going home now." You made a move to get up from the ground only to be tackled down again by a new small kid.

"Noona, don't leave us!" The small pipsqueak cried, hugging you tightly and hands around your waist.

"Private Han! Get your feet up! And who told you could leave your post?!" Wonshik demanded angrily. Sanghyuk whimpered, scared at his older cousin.

"Sorry hyung. But I don't want noona to leave." He turned to you, puppy dog eyes laced with tears. The sight of Wonshik's baby cousin begging to you made your heart melt immediately and you fought a soft 'Awww' escaping from your lips.

You turned to Wonshik. "I guess it won't hurt to play for a little while."

At this, Hongbin and Sanghyuk's eyes widened in happiness whereas Wonshik sighed to himself. "Fine, you'll be on Ammo duty. Private Hyuk, show her the ropes of the job."

"Aye aye, cap'n!" Sanghyuk saluted cutely.

At this, Hongbin groaned. "I told you, Hyukkie! We are playing military war, not pirates!" Hongbin fumed at his 6 year old friend.

"Really? I thought we were on the Black Pearl and Wonshik-hyung was Jack Sparrow."

"Captain Jack Sparrow, Sanghyuk. And we went through this a thousand times. We are playing Military War!"

"But I liked being Orlando Bloom! Can't I at least have a first mate?"

"Orlando Bloom's character doesn't even have a first mate!"

"Yes he does too!"

"Does not!"

"Does too!" 

"Does not!"

Sensing that the bicker will not end any time soon, you silently began to work on with making the snowballs. You turned to Wonshik.

"Well, you might as well tell me who we are up against with." You asked Wonshik, who was pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance.

Seeing as his thoughts were jostled, he donned on his Sergeant persona. He crouched and peered from the bush that the entire party was currently hiding behind in and scanned the area.

"Okay, so there are only 3 people who we are up against with. I'll break it down to you." Wonshik murmured, eyes not leaving from scanning the area. "There's a 9 year old dark skinned boy by the name of Hakyeon. We call him Heukyeon because of it. Now, his combat skills? Not much to talk about. In fact, I don't think he even wants to be in this war. I think he only joined the group because he thought it was a winning side. Overall, he's a crazy person."

You raised an eyebrow.

"Now, their leader? Even more so." Wonshik ducked when a stray snowball flew pass from their bush. "He's unpredictable and crazy. Minutes before even you joined in, we were being plummeted to death by him only to have the onslaught stopped. A group of girls walked pass us and he hid in the bushes, claiming to be hiding from their 'cooties'. Either way, our best bet is to knock him out first."

"Leave that pleasure to me, Wonshikkie. I will make him regret for ever being born!" Hongbin muttered. You blinked when you saw him pinning down poor Sanghyuk in deadlock under his arms. Unbeknownst to the both of you, their small bicker had formed to full on physical contact.

"Fun fact, their leader is Hongbin's stepbrother." Wonshik added. 

"I will never forget what he did to me. He will pay for what he did to me!" Hongbin his finger and drilled it into Sanghyuk's ear, a mad glint of revenge in his eyes. Poor baby Hyukkie started crying out in bloody murder whereas Hongbin punched a fist in the air. "Revenge!!"

You looked to Wonshik for an explanation.

"Hongbin got ratted out for stealing from the cookie jar."

"Hey! I'll have you know that he had been doing that way more often than I did and I didn't say anything!"

You shook your head and resumed on making the snowballs. "Well, it seems that we might have a small chance in winning the war." You added earnestly.

"Ohoho, my dear daft lady. You have no idea who we are up against." Wonshik trailed off in a dreaful and ominous tone.

Out of fear, Sanghyuk ran over to your sides to hug you whereas Hongbin shuffled nearer to you, hiding his face behind your long hair. You even noticed that Wonshik had paled from preparing to convey the last information.

"They have... Jung Taekwoon." Wonshik shuddered. You raised an eyebrow.

"Who?"

"Jung Taekwoon!" Hongbin cried out. "He's the most scariest kid in all the neighborhood! Some say that he eats rocks for breakfast! Some say he drinks blood!"

"I heard that a Dementor kissed him and it died!" Sanghyuk added cheerily before quickly resuming cowering.

You chuckled awkwardly and ruffled his hair. "I don't think a kid would be that frightening. How could you know so much about Harry Potter, Hyukkie?"

"The point is," Wonshik quickly cut off before Sanghyuk could answer you. "We are in deep trouble if we don't work together. Now, everybody, huddle up. I've got a plan."

-----

The park was quiet and empty, the open field, a No man's land. You huddled behind a tree, snowballs at the ready and eyes darting back and forth. You cursed yourself for wearing the red parka. You were basically a target with the flashy color. You huffed and spotted Wonshik from behind a bush, a ways from you. You rolled your eyes when he attempted to give you complicated military hand signals.

Giving up on you, he locked eyes with his two other privates and relayed the message. Hongbin caught on quick with the plan, whatever the plan was, whereas Sanghyuk signed pleadingly that he needed to pee.

You and Wonshik mirrored each other by giving yourselves face palms. You shook your head, when you saw a small body darting from the bushes. You recognized the description of the enemy and snapped at the boys. Alerted, they crouched down in response.

Your eyes followed the boy, and with an approving nod from Wonshik, you stood out from the tree to make yourself known and exposed. You approached the boy normally. Seeing your sudden appearance shocked the boy, who you identified as Hakyeon. The small dark skinned boy looked scared at your towering stance.

"Hello, little boy. Can you help me?" You asked him in your best 'Damsel in distress' voice. You gave him a sweet smile, adding sugar to the chocolate in attempts to persuade the small boy.

It worked when you saw Hakyeon's wide blush. Usually, you wouldn't be exploiting your natural gifts but you can't help from making small boys fall for you. You were told by an ahjumma that you had the 'Motherly' feeling, which all small boys loved.

You were reminded of the small boy in front of you and focused back on your mission.

"Help? With what, noona?" His voice was timid and slightly wary. His eyes darted a few ways behind you and you fought the urge to look behind. You sensed a presence.

"Well, I was hoping you could help me find my necklace. I think I dropped it in the snow. Could you be a sweet boy and help find it for me?" You asked sweetly. Hakyeon shifted his leg, unsure on whether he should help you. You heard a few rustles behind you and you started to feel nervous.

"Come on, let's look for the necklace together." You held out your hand to him to shake off the feeling. Hakyeon hesitated before reaching out to grab your hand.

At that moment, a loud cry echoed in the park.

"CHA HAKYEON, YOU TRAITOR!!!"

"What the-“ You ly to have a snowball splat onto your face. You froze in shock as the snowball slid down your face and land to the ground. Your eyes narrowed down to the person who threw the snowball. In a shock out of realization, your eyes widened as big as saucers.

"Jaehwan?"

"Charge!!!" Wonshik cried out, emerging from his hiding spot, Hongbin and Sanghyuk flanking behind him. They raised their hands, snowballs clasped in them before tackling their way towards Jaehwan. You watched as your schoolmate cried out over 10 decibels, hands flailing high up in the sky as he ran away from them.

"Jaehwan?" You repeated yourself, baffled and shocked.

"Oh, you know Commander Ken?" Hakyeon piped up to you, eyes glinting.

"H-huh? Y-Yeah, I know him at school..."

"Oooh, is he popular? I bet he is! He's the coolest hyung ever!" Hakyeon added.

"R-Really?" You pulled a baffled look at him before returning your sight to Jaehwan, who was tackled down by Hongbin. Sanghyuk clung onto his back, refraining him from standing up whereas Wonshik threw rain after rain of snowballs at the fallen leader. Their laughter cried out happily and you couldn't help but smile at them.

You knew Lee Jaehwan. He was the quiet nerd at the back of your class, always keeping to himself and not drawing that much attention. His large spectacles and even larger nose made him the target for constant teasing and bullying. You had never seen him with friends, always seen him alone and quiet. You've never seen him crack a smile at all. You had the mind to befriend him but the opportunity never rise. He was always gone by the time the bell rang and it struck you that maybe he had left quickly to escape the bullies and play with the playground kids.

And there he was, smiling and laughing in his small group of friends. You watched as he carried small Sanghyuk in his arms, tickling Hongbin into a laughing fit and throwing snow at Wonshik playfully. You had never seen him that happy at school ever so the sight made you feel a peculiarly warm feeling sprout in your center. You smiled at his happiness unknowingly.

Jaehwan must have remembered that he had thrown a snowball at a girl and glanced up to you. His expression darkened at recognizing you before a small patch of red blossomed on his cheeks out of embarrassment. You watched as Jaehwan attempts to run away at the sight of you, only to be held down by Hongbin. Sanghyuk took away his glasses for good measure.

"Give it back Hyukkie!" He cried out, desperate to leave the park as quickly as he could. In his haste, he tripped over a tree root and fell flat on his face. You couldn't stop yourself from letting out a laugh at the sight.

Hearing you, Jaehwan lifted up his head from the ground, snow covered his face in small patches. You blushed as he stared on at you, realizing that he looked cute without glasses, so you held up a hand to wave 'Hi'. Shy and embarrassed, Jaehwan waved back to you, his hand shaking nervously. Hongbin took that perfect moment to sit on his head, forcing his face flat on the snow again.

"No flirting with my noona, you jerk!!"

"Hongbin! I can't breathe!!" You heard his muffled screams.

Smiling to yourself, you shook your head at him before walking off back home. You heard Hakyeon's conversation before you walked off.

"Oh, Taekwoonnie! You came back from your toilet break?" You heard Hakyeon asked his quiet friend who had appeared out of nowhere. The small kid nodded his head before looking at Jaehwan being surrounded by the enemy.

"We lost the war?"

"Yup, seems like it."

"... I'm going home."


Comment down below if you would like a part 2! 

Hope you enjoyed this one shot! ^^