Part One

Long Distance
Please log in to read the full chapter

It had been some time since Mark had moved to Korea, and, unfortunately, things weren't much different from when he had first arrived. He mostly kept to himself, training as much as he could in hopes that it would make a difference; although, at times, he wasn't sure if it even would. When he was done with his required training, he went back to the dorms, spending his time alone in his room, just relaxing and messaging the people that meant the most to him back home. He didn't dislike any of the other trainees or anything, he was just a quiet person; he preferred to keep to himself. Even so, many of the friends he kept in contact with from the states pestered him about his lack of friends in Korea often. He was on his way to possibly becoming an idol; he couldn't be such a loner his whole life. To appease them, he quickly made a profile on a social networking site, although he didn't expect much from it. It wasn't anything too extravagant. It was just a brief summary of himself; his likes, his dislikes, a short retelling of his life, and a few pictures of himself, friends, and family here and there. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't a little happy to be able to exchange the profile with some of the other trainees. He didn't plan on talking much to most of them, but it was nice to not have to blatantly reject people because of a lack of social networking.

 

 

He was lounging on his bed back at his dorm when his phone's notification tone started ringing throughout the room. He lazily unlocked the device, still tired from the immense training and exercise he had just finished.

He had received a new friend request, much to his surprise.

Most of the friend requests he received were from the aforementioned trainees; however, this was someone completely unknown. He was tempted to immediately reject it, but the profile itself made him curious.

The username was jackiedubs852.

He smiled to himself; he was sure there was a story behind it, unlike his own username.

The profile picture portrayed two people; a muscular man with a large, goofy grin gracing his face, and a small girl with a sweet smile standing next to him. The man was pulling the brim of a snap back down, hiding most of his face from the view of the camera, with his other arm draped around the girl's waist. The girl was using a delicate hand to brush a few strands of hair out of her face as the picture was taken.

She was pretty, incredibly so. Mark found her to be rather appealing, and, although he figured the guy in the picture was her boyfriend, he assumed it wouldn't hurt to just befriend her. She was the one to send the friend request, anyway.

Mark tore his eyes from her photo, moving to the information listed on her profile itself. It was straightforward and to the point. She was sporty. She enjoyed having a good time and making others laugh. Most importantly, she wasn't Korean; she moved to Korea from Hong Kong. She even joked about how poorly she spoke Korean, although it seemed fine to him. Then again, his Korean probably wasn't much better.

He hit 'accept', smiling to himself as he placed his phone back in his pocket. He knew he should probably get to sleep at some point, otherwise tomorrow's training would be even worse.

 

 

Mark flung himself onto his bed, laying on his stomach. He unlocked his phone as he wrapped his arms around his pillow, propping himself up into a more comfortable position.

He had received a new message while he was at practice. Assuming it was one of the other trainees filling him in on some information he hadn't paid much attention to earlier, he wasn't in too much of a hurry to read it.

However, one thing drew him in.

The message was in English, not Korean.

 

jackiedubs852: It's nice to know I'm not the only one that moved to Korea to be an idol. Lol It'll be worth it when we're famous, yeah? Anyway, I wanted to thank you for adding me! (That's not lame, is it? Lol) I hope we'll be good pals from here on out!

 

Mark smiled to himself again.

It was the girl he had added just the day be

Please log in to read the full chapter