Today

Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan is desperately needs to see a tomorrow.

 

Luhan wokes up  with her in his arms. He didn't know whether he should felt relieved, or he should felt terrible. It is the twenty-third time he wokes up in the same day, with a same pattern in each time. At first he thought that he was just having a very weird dream where he dreams in his dreams. It was not until the tenth times it happens that he realize that something is definitely wrong.

 

He glance at the digital calendar on the nightstand. November 5th, 2014.

 

He wokes up every time with her in his arms. Before they wakes up and done their usual morning routines. More snuggling time, breakfast, take bath, and then off to work. What happens after that were what Luhan has been dreading for each day. In each time, he would ended up losing her in any kind of ways. He remembers that he lost her to a car accident on their way to work. He remembers losing her to a robbery gone bad in a supermarket. He remembers losing her in a fire. He could remembers every single thing that happens that ended up killing her. He tries to changes some things, he really did. He brings her to work on a bus instead of his car, but the bus were crushed, when another bus hits it, and he lost her right in his arms. He tries to change it even more with calling in sick and take a day off together, but tonce again he ended up losing her, but to a food-poisoning this time.

 

Every time he tries to change anything, he will still ended up losing her in any kind of ways he could ever imagine. Even in ways he could never imagine before.

 

In the thirteenth time, Luhan notices that everything aside from him never changes. The milk boy will always come exactly at 5.53 AM. Their neighbor will always wakes up at 6AM, and starts to makes some noise, which Luhan guess must be the sound of the owner cooking something. The small restaurant in the ground level of their apartment, will starts to get busy at 6.11 AM. He notices that the customers will always be the same, he could also notices that their orders were the exact same thing each day.

 

Luhan sigh, not knowing what to expect from his day this time. To what he would lose her this time?

 

He felt her snuggles to him more, and he felt like his worlds will crumble in no time. He wanted to cry so bad. He wanted to see a tomorrow, where he could always see her first time in the morning. He wants a tomorrow where he could say how much he loves her, and how much he needs her in his life. He desperately needs a tomorrow, where he could be awake from these terrible dreams.

 

"Hmm.. Good morning, Lu." She muttered still with eyes closed.

 

Luhan smiles as he kiss her forehead, "Good morning to you too, Lin."

 

He once considered the option of telling her what happens. He considered on telling her the truth that it seems like he stuck in a some-kind of cruel time loop. That each time at the end of the day he would always losing her, in every possible ways. But each time when he already gathers his courage to tell her, it all crumbles when he saw her smiling at him first thing in the morning. How could he spend the day without her smile?

 

She hugs him closer, before she lets out a sigh, "Why it have to be Monday.."

 

Luhan chuckled at that, "Well, we could always call in sick, and spent the day off together.."

 

He decides that if he will lost her then its better to be by her side all the time. Maybe he could find something to change it, and stop the time loop.

 

She smiles as she looks up at him, "Let's call in sick then, we both need some time together."

 

Luhan nods, "I'll call in sick for today, so you should call in sick too."

 

He remembers she grins at him, before she grabs her phone in the night stand.

 

 

*****

 

Luhan decides that they should take a stroll in the park after their lunch. Deep inside he was even more nervous, because it means that the clock is ticking and he would only have a few more hours to spent with her, before the tragedy repeats itself.

 

They were walking side by side, hands intertwines when she smiles as she raise their intertwines hands.

 

“Do you think it’s okay to call in sick but taking a stroll like this in the park?” She asks, looking at him.

 

Luhan shrugs, “ I don’t care. We do need some rest, and besides.. Our office is pretty far from here, so I guess it’s safe.”

 

She can’t help but smiles back at him, “I’m sorry for yesterday, Lu.”

 

Luhan stops in his tracks when he heard her say those words. This never happens before.  He turns to look at her.

 

She looks at him as she says, “I really didn’t mean to be mad at you, or even getting jealous because of that Jinhee girl. But.. I don’t know.. I’m really sorry.”

 

The realization hits him like a tidal wave. How could he ever missed it from his mind. He never once thought about what happen the day before, he were too focused to try to prevents the tragedy repeating itself.

 

Luhan suddenly felt like there’s a small ray if hope this time.

 

He smiles, as he raise their intertwines hands, and kiss her hands. “I’m sorry too, Lin. I love you. I love you so much, so don’t ever leave me.”

 

She smiles at him, before she close the gap between them, and kiss him.

 

Luhan never felt that peaceful and contented like that, with her in his arms.

 

*****

 

By the time they were walking back from the park, it was already night time. Luhan never let go her hands, and didn’t even have any intentions on doing so. For the first time, he felt that maybe this day won’t end up with him losing her.

 

But of course that were just his wishful thinking.

 

It happens in a blink of an eye. They were just crossing the street when suddenly he heard a screeching sound, in the next second he felt that she let go of his hand, in the next second he could saw her running towards a small boy in the middle of the road. In another second he felt like his world once again crumble in front of him, as he saw her push the boy to a side, and the car hits her.

 

He screams her name and run towards her, tears streaming in his face. He fell down to his knees as soon as he reach her. He sees too much blood, as he pleads for anyone to help her. He pleads at her to stay with him, and to not leave him.

 

She smiles weakly at him, “You know I’m not going anywhere, Lu. Why are you crying?” She whispers slowly.

 

“Please please please.. Lin.. I love you.. Just please.. Stay with me. Please..” He mumbles, with more tears in his eyes, as he clutch to her hands.

 

He knows that he will lost her this way, this time. He desperately needs to stop the time.

 

She smiles weakly once again before whispering with all the energy she had left, “I love you too, Lu. I love you so much. I will always be with you. Remember me.”

 

Luhan wails and wails that night, he cries his heart out even more than before. He curses anyone who ever did this to him. What did he do that de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter