Epilogue

Break Up over the Phone

AN: Warning! Grammar mistakes and Typos....

Yunho was still half asleep when he felt the bed moved.  A hand touched his unshaven chin and patted his cheek numerous times and when Yunho groaned, there was a giggle in the room.  The hand continued patting his cheek, giggling, determined to make Yunho awakes, but when he is about to open his eyes to see the culprit that is disturbing his sleep, the door creaked open and a hushed voice was heard, chided someone playfully.

“Baby-ah, come to mama.  Daddy is tired, don’t disturb him.  Come here my little angel”.

A set of laughter was heard in the room and the slight dip beside Yunho on the bed was removed; the patting stop and later he heard the sound of the door being shut. Peace at last was his last thought before he drifted into the dreamland again.

It was during midday when Yunho finally awakes.  He rubbed his eyes and yawned while stretching his arms above his head as he walked into the bathroom and stand under the shower, smiling as he enjoyed the cool water running all over his body.  Drying his hair with a towel, he grabbed his ‘house-clothes’, term given by his wife, a shirt and a sweatpants and he head outs the bedroom toward the kitchen.  As he walks down the stairs, he could smell kimchi jiggae in the air, and his stomach growled.  Quicken his steps, he arrived at the kitchen soundlessly, watching his children, a set of twin, munching on sweet potatoes, sitting in their high chairs and his wife was humming softly while stirring the content of the pot.  He looks at scene of the three people in the kitchen that are the most important person in his life beside his parents and wished he had his phone with him so that he can videoed the whole thing .  Looking at his wife smiling softly while giving his, their son the sipper cup, he remembered the times, when used to be Kim now Jung Jaejoong decided to cancel their wedding two weeks before the day over dinner.

“So, Jae, what do you want to talk about?”  Yunho said.

“Us.  Yunho, I’m not quite sure if I can continue with this wedding.”

Yunho continued sliced his knife through the tender chicken and did not look at Jaejoong.

 “Yunho, are you listening to me?”

Putting down his knife, Yunho looked up from his plate, his dark almond eyes staring at his soon to be wife and now is not, “I’m waiting for an explanation.”

“I just don’t want to continue this wedding anymore, Yunho.  I don’t think I can marry you.  Can we just like stay together without the whole ‘I do’ thing?

“You do know that our wedding day is just around the corner, right.” said Yunho

“I know”

“Two weeks.”

“I know the date of our wedding day, you don’t have to remind me and for your information I already cancelled everything.  By everything I mean EVERYTHING.  The food, the door gifts, flowers, our wedding outfit and I even went to see the pastor to tell him that the wedding is off.”said Jaejoong angrily. By the time Jaejoong realized that he blurted everything out, he clamped his palm over his mouth.

“Yun…”

“So you have taken care of everything huh?  I thought this was a joke but I guess it is true.  You don’t want to be my wife,”  taking the napkin, Yunho wiped it across his lips.  Putting the napkin down, he glanced up, seeing tears began to drip down Jaejoong’s cheek.  He put his hand up, signaling for the waiter to bring the bill.  He gave his credit card and stands up and walked towards Jaejoong.   Bending down a bit, he put his palm at Jaejoong’s cheek, his thumb wiped the tears.

“I understand, Jaejoong.   I won’t force you into this marriage.” He saw a look of relief instantly fall over Jaejoong’s face.  “But I don’t think I can continue having relationship with you.  Enough is enough.  I’m tired with your childish act.” Yunho pulled his engagement ring off his finger and put it on the table.  After that Yunho left the restaurant, drove his car to Jaejoong’s apartment and packed his belonging, removing any traces of him from Jaejoong’s life.

Kim Jaejoong finally became his wife after interferences from some people; Junsu, Yoochun, Yunho’s younger brother, Changmin and his lover.  How Jaejoong and Yunho reconciled is a story for another time.

“Da…”

Yunho looks at his daughter who is like the mini version of his wife.  Pouty lips, doe eyes, raven hair, holding out her arms, beckoning Yunho to pick her up.  Yunho walked towards her and picked her up.  Her brother was in his wife’s arms, contented to watch the whole thing while drinking milk from his sipper cup.

“I thought you want to sleep the whole day?”

“Why should I be sleeping when I can spend my off day with my family?”

Putting down his son in their high chairs, Jaejoong walked to the cabinet and took out a glass and poured orange juice into it.  He put the glass in front of his husband. Jaejoong picked up his daughter and sit beside his husband.  “Are we going out today, or just staying in the house?”asked Jaejoong while combing his daughter’s hair with his fingers.

“The weather is nice.  Why don’t we head out after lunch and maybe we can ask Yoochun and Junsu to meet up with us at the Zoo?”

“We’re going to the zoo!”Exclaimed Jaejoong, happily to his children.  Watching their mama smiling happily, the twins gurgling happily because if their mama is happy, they also happy. 

Looking at the twins,  Yunho asked “So, which one of you that disturbed me while I’m sleeping?”