The Night Before Halloween

A Scary Kind of Love

Hope you guys enjoy and Happy Halloween!

 

ーーーーーーーーー

 

"Kyuhyun! There you are!" It was the day before Donghae's favorite day came, Halloween. But unlike his excitement for this occasion, his best friend Kyuhyun dreaded for the upcoming day.

 

Kyuhyun wasn't a person to go out in ridiculous costumes that either made you look "cute" or "scary". So when he saw Donghae running down the hallway with a huge smile plastered on his face while carrying a bag, he knew he was screwed.

 

"Hyung! Can we at least go a year without dressing up? We been doing this since elementary school. And for crying out loud, we are in college!" Kyuhyun groaned. Ignoring his request, Donghae continued to jump while he ruffled the bag as loud as it could be, catching people's attention from around them.

 

"Aish. What's in the bag Hae?" The younger mumbled, clearly used to be saying the same line for over eight years. Donghae squealed, "These are the best costumes in town! Everyone in town is going to be jealous once they see us!"

 

Taking out white wings, he handed them over to the younger, who confusingly looked at him. "They're angel's wings!" Kyuhyun glared at him.

 

"I dressed up as an angel the first year we both had Halloween together." Donghae beamed at him while rummaging through the paper bag, taking out what looked like a tube.

 

"What is this now?" Kyuhyun snatched it out of the older' hand, examining and trying to open. Donghae took them back, "These are contact lenses. This is the best part about the costumes." Taking the wings back as well, he put them in the bag.

 

"I don't know if you could tell, but I'm kinda am wearing glasses you know." Kyuhyun blanking stared at the older, adjusting his black spectacle.

 

"Well you're in luck, these will be just like you are wearing those nerd glasses. According to the lady I bought these from." Donghae grinned.

 

"A lady? You mean the one that lives in that little shack down the road?" When received a nod, Kyuhyun groaned. "Didn't your mother ever tell you not to go there! The lady is creeping and gives weird things, like voodoo things. Now I'm definitely not wearing anything that you got."

 

"Come on! It'll be cool! I got the devil costume and I also have a plan we are doing tonight." The older smirked. "What are you thinking?" Kyuhyun raised a brow.

 

"You know that mansion on the edge of town, the Victorian house that used to be owned by the Lee and Choi?" Donghae smirked, knowing that was the number one place on earth that the younger hated.

 

"And what makes you think that we will be going and spending the night at that place? I bet your mother wouldn't even let you go." Kyuhyun looked at him in disbelief.

 

"We will sneak out. Like you said, we are in college and that's what college students so do. According to Changmin." Donghae shrugged.

 

"You actually believe that guy?! Aish. What time do you plan we be 'sneaking' out? I need to study for the exam that is scheduled tomorrow." The younger pouted, while the older's smile widened.

 

"I'll be calling you around 23:30 tonight. That'll give you around twenty-five minutes to out on your costume and meet me at the mansion. We need to be in there before 0:00." Taking out the angel's wings and contacts, Donghae handed them over to Kyuhyun.

 

"May I ask why we are doing this?" He groaned, putting the costume into his bag. "You will find out once we arrive inside the Victorian mansion of the Lee and Choi!" With that, Donghae ran off.

 

"Aish. I sometimes wonder why I am friends with you in the first place." Kyuhyun turned in the opposite direction, heading home.


 

23:30 or 11:30p.m.」

 

RING

RING

RING

 

"Mhmm..." Kyuhyun sat up in his bed and looked over at his flashing phone. Picking up his glasses and reaching over for his phone, pressing the accept button knowing who was calling him.

 

"Hae! Do you know what time it is?" He rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "It's time for you to get up. Remember! You have twenty-five minutes to get your costume on and get down here. See you soon!" The line went dead.

 

Sitting in his bed, Kyuhyun was debating rather he should just go back to sleep or go with Donghae's plan. Taking the better choice, he got up and went into the bathroom.

 

Turning on the faucet and taking his glasses off, he splashed some cold water in his face to wake himself up. Patting his face to dry, he grabbed the tube that contained the colored contacts.

 

Taking one of them out, Kyuhyun examined it closer, taking in the ocean-like color of blue. "Okay. Just like regular contacts. This should be easy."

 

Carefully not to poke his eye out, Kyuhyun placed the contact into his eye. Blinking his eyes a couple time to adjust the contact, he took the other and placed it in his other eye.

 

Blinking a couple more times, he finally looked in the mirror. Kyuhyun was surprised on how well the contact turned out. The color didn't changed darker despite how dark his original eye color is.

 

Satisfied with the contacts, Kyuhyun exited the bathroom with a grin. Going into his closet, he picked out a white hoodie with black skinny jeans, he exited his house.

 

Shivering from the October breeze, Kyuhyun walked down the quiet sidewalk. Deciding it would be a good idea, he texted the older saying he was on his way. Only God knows how long he's probably been standing outside that mansion.

 

Sure enough once he arrived he saw Donghae, wearing a red tee shirt with skinny jeans, leaning up against the gate, shivering as well. "Kyuhyun! You made it! But where's your wings?"

 

"I forgot them. Why do we need to dress up anyways?" Kyuhyun noticed how Donghae was shifting from one foot to the other, but then looked up. "Don't worry! I forgot mine too!"

 

"How long have you been standing out here for?" Kyuhyun crossed his arms, not amused. "Oh...probably about maybe two, three hours." The older grinned his eyes shining red.

 

"Do you want to catch a cold? You act just like a child." The younger rubbed his face in annoyance. "Thank you!" Donghae sniffed.

 

"Can we go inside now?! It's almost 0:00." Kyuhyun looked at his phone, which read 23:50. "Yup! Let's go!" The older pushed opened the gate and ran towards the entrance.

 

When Kyuhyun got up onto the porch, Donghae turned around with a sinster smile. "Are you prepared Kyu, for the scariest night of your life?!"

 

"Let's just get this over with." With a blank face, the younger brushed past the older and reached for the doorknob. "Wait!" Donghae shouted, stopping Kyuhyun from turning the knob.

 

"So everyone know that this place is known for its active paranormal, but it's most active on the night before Halloween. Once the clock strikes twelve, the door to the entrance will be closed and locked for both ways. They also say that this is the only day of the year that the Lee and Choi will come out. There is also other things in here as well but this is as far as I know. I want to know if all of it is true." Donghae rubbed the back of his neck.

 

"Those are lies Hae. You need to stop listening to Changmin and the Internet isn't always right. Now I would love to get this over with, so what you believe is a myth." Twisting the knob, the door flung opened on its own, startling the two.

 

"It must've been the wind." Donghae laughed, while Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. Closing to door softly, they took a look around the room they've stepped in.

 

~  .  ~

 

23:50 or 11:50p.m.」

 

"Could that be? They finally returned! Do you see this?" A man come up towards the window, examining what the other was excited about.

 

"How can you be so sure?" The man peered out the window, not believing what he was seeing. "It's been 108 years!"

 

"It's what the prophecy said and it never lies." The other never leaving his eyes off the boy of red, who was now opening the gate.

 

"They're human. Besides, they took them away, they can do it again." The man continued to stare at the boy of blue. "Then what happens?"

 

"They won't do it again, it's different this time, I can feel it. These two humans may not be the same as them, but they are." When the two humans disappeared into the porch, the other looked up the clock. 23:56.

 

"We must do what we do every Halloween. Like you, I have the feeling that this will be the day." The man smirked as he went over and grabbed the book.

 

Hearing the door open harshly and closed gently, the other grinned. "It's time!" The man walked over, opening the book to page 913.

Once the clock dinged twelve times, they both nodded and read from the book.

 

"As spirits roam the Victorian mansion of the Lee and Choi at night, let loose upon the Earth till it be light!" The ground started to shake, the silence in the mansion was no more.


 

~  .  ~


 

"This place looks like it hasn't been use in years!" Donghae looked around in awestruck. "*cough* You think?!" Kyuhyun coughed, inhaling the dust.

 

The room seemed to be the living with the furniture and the fireplace off to one side. A window stretches to the ceiling looms over on the other side.

 

Looking straight ahead, two stairs that curve outward a little then curve inward to the second floor. Between the stairs is a hallway that leads into another room.

 

"It's almost time Kyuhyun! Get ready." Rolling his eyes, the younger started towards the door. "Hae. There is nothing here. Let's go home, we have an exam tomorrow."

 

Just as he was about to put his hand on the doorknob, the clock next to the door struck twelve. The ground started to shake violently, knocking the two done the the ground.

 

A series of howling came after the ground stopped shaking, startling the two. Once everything was dead silent, Kyuhyun and Donghae blinked at each other.

 

"That was crazy..." The older breathed out, standing up. He walked over to the younger and helped him up. "Let's get out of here." Kyuhyun whispered, turning around and reached out for the doorknob.

 

"What the hell?!" Twisting the knob again, the doorknob was found lock. Yanking on the knob, the door wouldn't budge. "The door is locked!"

 

"Really?" Donghae walked over and tried to open the door, the doorknob wouldn't twist. "Wow! It's actually true."

 

"How the hell are we supposed to get out?! This isn't funny anymore." Kyuhyun huffed out, running his hands through his hair.

 

"I believe the door will unlock once te sun starts to rise, which it rises at 7:20 to be exact. That gives us sevens hours to explore this place." Donghae smiled, walking to the fireplace.

 

"I am not waiting seven hours for the damn door to lock, I need to be home studying!" The younger exclaimed, still trying to twist the knob but with no avail.

 

"Calm down Kyu. You've been studying for this test since the first day and you are ahead of almost all the students in our school. You'll do just fine. If anyone really needs to study, that'll be me." The older laughed, squatting down in front of the fireplace.

 

"Fine! If that's what you think, I'm going to rest so I'm not tired for the test." Kyuhyun walked over to one of the couches, pulling off the drapes that was covering it, and flopped on top of it.

 

"Fine Kyu. I'll make sure to wake you up when the sun starts to rise." Donghae smirked, knowing the other didnt like being alone in the dark at a unfamiliar house.

 

He walked down the hallway between the stairs to what seemed to be the dinner room. The first thing that caught his eyes was the table that stretch from one side of the room to  the other.

 

"This table is enormous." Donghae awed, placing his hand onto the surface. Then the candles kit, illuminating the room. Blinking to adjust his eyes, something at the other end of the table caught his eye.

 

Sitting at the far end, seemed to be a blonde hair man. His shoulders were shrugged, head bowed down so you couldn't see the features on his face.

 

"Um? Excuse me?" Donghae broke the silence, slowly making his way towards the blonde man. The man shot his head right up, flashing his gummy smile while his ocean blue eyes brighten. Reminds me of Kyuhyun's eyes, but he's handsome.

 

"Hello!" The man beamed, causing Donghae to grin a little. "I'm Donghae. What's yours?" The blonde's smile widen even more, making the other blush.

 

"I'm Lee Hyukjae, but you can call me Eunhyuk! It's nice to meet you Donghae." He got up from the chair and reached out his hand. Donghae smiled, grabbing the awaiting hand and shook it.

 

After some time of comfortable silence, Eunhyuk spoke. "So what brings you here at this Victorian mansion?" He crossed his arms and leaned back in the chair.

 

"Oh! Just to see if the rumors outside this place is true. And I love scary places such as haunted houses and what I heard from the rumors, this place is haunted." Donghae pulled out a chair and sat in it.

 

"Interesting..." The blonde grinned, thinking on how long until the boy knows. "So you went to a haunted mansion on Halloween night for curiosity?"

 

"I have a friend with me also, his name is Kyuhyun. He's out in the living room sleeping, he doesn't really like Halloween. But you can say it's curiosity." Donghae rubbed the back of his neck.

 

"Yeah? I also have a friend here as well. His name is Siwon." Eunhyuk crossed his arms. The room became silent after, another comfortable silence. That is until there was shouting coming from the living room.

 

"Get the hell off of me!!!" Kyuhyun shouted, followed by a thud that caused Donghae to turn towards the hallway. "We should probably check-Eunhyuk?"

 

He looked around to find the blonde gone. Then something clicked in his mind, "I'm Lee Hyukjae, but you can call me Eunhyuk!..."

Donghae gasped, He's the Lee! Which means his friend must be the Choi. Choi Siwon and Lee Eunhyuk! It's all true!

 

Another thud caused him to snap from his thoughts and ran down the hallway. "Kyu?!"


 

~  .  ~

 

Kyuhyun watched as Donghae walked down the hallway and disappeared into the room. Smiling to himself knowing he won't be bothered, he closed his eyes.

 

Not too long after, slow footsteps sounded from the stairs, making him open one of his eye in annoyance. "Hae. I'm trying to sleep."

 

The steps faded, thinking Donghae went away, Kyuhyun closed his eye. A minute later, he felt a weight press him down. Opening his eyes, he was meet with maroon eyes.

 

"Hello." The husky voice spoke, a mischievous smirk that send chills down the younger's back. "Who might you be beautiful?"

 

The tall and handsome man was hovering over Kyuhyun. He looked from the maroon eyes to the sharp nose to the bow shape lips.

 

"Thats none of your business and a man can't be beautiful. No please get off of me." Kyuhyun glared at the man, not pleased to have some stranger onto of him. Yet he could hear his heart thumping against his chest.

 

"Playing hard to get sweetie? It's not good to disrespect of whom I am you know." The man place his hand on both sides of the younger's head, smiling showing off his dimples.

 

"Listen. I don't care who you are to say that I'm disrespecting, but you need to get the hell off of me." Kyuhyun's patience was running thin.

 

He placed his hands on the man's chest, to attempt to push him off himself. But the man's hand grasp Kyuhyun's and place them over his head, completely trapping the younger.

 

"How about we have a little wager? We both introduce ourselves and I'll let you go. I want to know you some more. Even though your body tells me enough." The man grinned, seeing the younger's cheek reddened.

 

Taking notice of how quiet the younger is, the man came closer. "How about I'll go first? My name is Siwon. Choi Siwon. And what's your name?" Siwon whispered into the other's ear.

 

"Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun." The younger stuttered out, regretting for giving his full name. There's something strange about this man, giving me some kind of feeling.

 

"Kyuhyun. Such a magnificent name, I like it." Siwon the outer shell of Kyuhyun's ear, causing the other to shriver more. "A beautiful name for such a beautiful creature."

 

He was inching his way towards Kyuhyun face, while the younger stayed completely stil,his eyes squeezed tightly.

 

When he felt lips pressing onto his, he shot his eyes open to meet lustful maroon eyes. He felt a tongue sliding across his bottom lip, asking for entrance.

 

Kyuhyun kept his lips pursed, determined to deny any request from the taller. He then shivered when he felt one of Siwon's hand go under his shirt.

 

He gasped when he felt one of his pinch, followed by the slick muscle invading his mouth. He tried to attempt to break free, but all came out was moans and groans.

 

Kyuhyun started to feel lightheaded as the man's tongue danced with his and the unwanted hand roaming under his shirt.

 

Finally Siwon lifted his head away from the younger, a trail of salvia connecting from both of their lips. He rubbed his thumb onto the tinted cheeks of the younger.

 

"How did you like that?" The older said seductively and the you get snapped. "Get the hell off of me!!!" Kyuhyun screamed and kicked Siwon in his crotch.

Siwon groaned while swaying to one side and falling to the floor. He laid there, gasping and clutching to the area where he was kicked.

Taking the chance, Kyuhyun jumped up and started towards the hallway he saw Donghae go into.

He made halfway there when something caught his leg, causing him to faceplant into the floor.

Groaning from the impact to his head, Kyuhyun laid there facing down. He then heard footsteps approach him, he brace himself for the next attack.

"Kyuhyun?! What happened to you? I thought you were sleeping on the couch not the floor?" Donghae was kneeling in front of the him. The younger continued to groan. "I tripped."

"Wow! I was gone for five minutes and you are already injuring yourself. I thought you were sleeping?" Donghae laughed, helping Kyuhyun to sit up.

"I was, but then an unexpected guess decided to pay a visit. You wouldn't guess who that is." The younger rubbed his head, his headache subsided.

"I'm guessing Choi Siwon? I meet his friend Lee Hyukjae in the dinner room. Donghae grinned while Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

"Well thanks to him, I'm staying with you for now on." Kyuhyun stood up, running his eyes in annoyance. "Let's get going."

 

"Shall we go expect more of this mansion?" Donghae gestured towards the stairs. "Whatever." Kyuhyun murmured, walking towards the first step.

 

From afar, two men stood and watch attentively at them. "Do you think that could be them." The blonde asked.

"It has to be them, no doubt about it. But yet, they forgot." The tall man sighed. "But we can make them remember again."

"We can't do that Siwon. We'll just start over and make them love us again. I can tell that this Lee Donghae already is warming up to me." Eunhyuk smiled, replaying their moments not too long ago.

"The Cho Kyuhyun is stubborn and will be tough to get to him. But I have that feeling that we will work it out. Just like before." Siwon smirked, relishing those imitating moments not too long ago.

The blonde rolled his eyes, "Let's just keep an eye on them. It won't too long before the sun rises."


~  .  ~


"What time is it?" Kyuhyun asked, when they entered what looked like a study room. Just like the down stairs, the room was covered in dust.

"Ten til two." Donghae looked at his phone, the light illuminating his face. "We still have about five hours."

"This is ridiculous! We should've never came here in the first place, but you were just so damn curious." Kyuhyun glared at the other, who just shrugged and smiled.

"It was well worth it. We now know that Lee and Choi are real, but we still need to know if they are the only ones that resides here."

"Well I hope not. That damn Choi is enough to worry about." The younger was about to sit when he saw something squirm in the corner of the room. "Did you see that?"

"See what?" His hyung looked around confusingly, seeing nothing but papers littering the room. "The papers?"

"Over there in the corner! It's huge!" Kyuhyun pointed towards the corner where he saw the thing squirming.

"What is that?!" Donghae, who finally saw the silhouette, squeaked. The younger slowly walked towards the thing.

"Kyuhyun! What are doing?!" Donghae said in a hush whisper, standing frozen in fear. "Don't go near that thing!"

Taking another step not a few feet from the silhouette, the floor board squeaked. Kyuhyun stopped when the thing growled.

Looking up, the now terrified younger's eyes were met with about eight red eyes. He stood still, not daring to move an inch.

Yet his legs began to wobble and took a step backwards to regain his balance, but also made another creak sound.

The red-eyed thing screamed and started to squirm towards Kyuhyun. The younger screamed and ran out of the room, pulling his hyung along with him.

Closing the door and ran down the stairs, they ran towards the front door and pounded on it.

"Why won't this damn thing open!" Kyuhyun yelled, trying to pry the door open, but no avail. Donghae turned and stilled.

"Kyuhyun..." He whispered, causing the other to stop pounding and turn as well. "Oh my God."

Coming down the stairs very slowly, a huge black spider that they seen in the upstair room. It was bigger than any spider they have every seen, it was at least twenty feet long and the legs looked ten feet.

 

"Ahh-mphh!" Kyuhyun covered his hyungs mouth, blocking out anymore screams. He hissed, Donghae's Arachnophobia, it had to be a freakin' spider!

 

As the spider came closer, the older started to tremble uncontrollably and sweat. Kyuhyun could feel some of the perspiration drip on to his hand.

 

"Donghae. You need to take some deep breaths. Please." The younger whispered, starting to shake as the spider was a few yards away.

 

Feeling Donghae calming down, Kyuhyun lifted his hand away from his mouth, the older sliding down towards the ground. Looking at the clock, reading 3:00, he took a deep breath.

 

Taking ome of the stakes leaning up against the wall near the fireplace, he walked towards the spider. The thing stopped in its tracks, it's eight eyes fixed to Kyuhyun's.

 

"Kyuhyun! Stop! Kyuhyun!" Donghae screamed, but the other ignored him. As he want closer to the spider, it growled that made Donghae jump slightly.

 

Building up all the courage, Kyuhyun swung the stake at the spider. When come into contact with the metal, the spider howled. It then swung one of its legs at Kyuhyun, sending him flying to one of the walls, blacking out upon impact.

 

"Kyuhyun!" Donghae screamed, but soon regretted it as the thing turned towards him and crawled up to him. He shivered violently, knowing no one is going to save him.


 

Two legs pierced the floor on both sides of Donghae's legs. "It's not real. It's not real." He muttered, closing his eyes tightly. He could feel the hot breath of the spider ghosting across his face. He screamed.

 

Sitting up quickly, noticing he was in a different room but it was dark. He looked around to see the moon's light flooding in through the window onto the floor.

 

Blinking to adjust to the dark, he realized where he was. His room. It was all just a dream. The spider...isn't real.

 

The sound of his phone ringing startled him out of his thoughts. He looked over at the flashing electronic and picked it up. Kyuhyun.

 

"Kyuhyun?" He rubbed his eyes, noting how tired he was, glancing over at his alarm clock, it read 3:03. "What's up?"

 

"I had the most realistic dream and you were in it. We went into this Victorian mansion down the road..." Kyuhyun murmured on, but Donghae was lost again.

 

Kyuhyun had the same dream as me. Exactly the same dream. Could it be coincidence? "...and I woke up with my head throwing really bad."

 

"Thats weird. It must be the Halloween dreams." Donghae laughed, biting back from telling the younger about his similar dream experience.

 

"Well *yawn* I'm going back to bed. That test is going to be tomorrow and I need my fill eight hours sleep. Goodnight Hae." Kyuhyun murmured tired.

 

"Night Kyu." Donghae tapped the end call, placing it onto the nightstand, and laid back then. Despite how bad that dream was, I wish it came true.


 

~  .   ~

 

「12:00 noon」


 

"Kyuhyun!" Donghae yelled, running towards the said person in the hallway. "Yah! Do you always have to be so loud!" Kyuhyun snapped.

 

"I got a B- on my test! That's the best I ever had. Aren't you proud?" The older jumped up and down, shoving the said test in the younger's face.

 

"Good job Hae! I'm so proud of you!" Kyuhyun smiled, keeping his perfect A+ test behind his back. "All that mentoring was worth it.

 

"Mr. Cho? Mr. Lee? Can you please come here." Their principle called them. Suspicious for such a request, they reluctantly followed. "Is their a problem Ms. Kim?"

 

"No such thing but we have two new students joint us this year and may so forth. I need you two to show these gentleman around so they can know the premises." Ms. Kim smiled, trusting her personal favorite students to do threquest.

 

"We sure can! We would love to help show around the school." Donghae squeaked, quite excited for such a request.

 

"Great! This is Mr. Choi Siwon and Mr. Lee Hyukjae." Kyuhyun and Donghae stood completely still, not believing what they are seeing.

 

"This Mr. Cho Kyuhyun and Mr. Lee Donghae, they will be showing you two around. I must be going, I'm already late for a meeting. Thanks again." With that, Ms. Kim disappeared.

 

It was silent, Kyuhyun and Donghae still standing completely frozen as the blonde smiled and the taller smirked.

 

"Yeah! It wasn't a dream!" Donghae flung himself onto Eunhyuk, hugging the blonde tightly. "You are too cute." Eunhyuk cooed, making the other blush.

 

"Hello beautiful." The familiar husky voice that the younger dreaded for, walked towards him. "Looking beautiful as ever." He grinned mischievously.

 

Kyuhyun face reddened, but he glared out him. "Hello Siwon." The younger's hard voice made no effect on the taller, deciding to take the big leap. "Are you currently seeing someone?"

 

"In a matter of fact I'm not, but you have no chances with me. So nice try. Come on Hae! We have to show these two around." Kyuhyun turned swiftly and started down the hallway.

 

"Coming Kyu! Come on Hyukjae! We are going to become great friends!" Donghae pulled the blonde down the hallway as well, the taller following slowly behind.


"I'll make you mine Cho Kyuhyun. You just wait." He smirked, staring at younger farther up ahead. "You will love me just like before."