prologue (breakfast)

Apartment 422

Song: 어디에서 왔는지- BTS


 

It was the third time in a month that Min Yoongi saw a bachelor being kicked out the front apartment. As much as he didn’t care about who lived in front of him (he was never the friendly neighbor type, to be honest), he couldn’t hide the bit of amusement the scene of the old landlady throwing the kid gave him, as he remembered the bet he’d done with Namjoon about the time he would last before being scolded by Ms. Kim for his bad behavior (he was secretly thankful to her since he and his guests were quite loud). Someone owned him 15 bucks and a box of Twinkies…

 

He lazily got up from the couch and headed outside after the ruckus seemed to end, and decided to visit Jimin, who was probably attempting to cook a decent breakfast (he has activated the smoke detector several times since he moved in) or doing something stupid with Taehyung, the hyperactive younger grandson of Mrs. Kim.

 

“Oh, hyung, good morning!” greeted Jungkook, the youngest boy in the building that lived one floor above him with his mom. Being an only child, and the son of a single woman, he quickly befriended Taehyung and Jimin, who are closer to his age, and ended up befriending Yoongi and Namjoon as well. As innocent and diligent as he looked, the high schooler had a devious side to him and usually pranked Seokjin, Taehyung’s older brother, along with Jimin. “Are you going to Jimin’s?” the boy asked.

 

The elder scratched his head casually “Mhm. Is he home?”

 

“I’m not sure” Jungkook shrugged. “Apparently, Taehyung decided to go bother Hoseok hyung for today and told Jimin to tag along, so he might be there”

 

Yoongi nodded. “Thanks kid. See ya later”

 

The younger boy smiled and continued climbing the stairs, as the shorter man went to Hoseok’s flat, which was in front of the Kim’s, much to his disgrace.

 

Just as he was about to knock, he heard some yells and something shattering on the floor (possibly Taehyung breaking some of Hoseok’s action figurines he kept on his living room) and decided to avoid the ruckus, turning now to visit Seokjin since Namjoon was taking care of his little sister for the weekend.

 

He knocked twice before the landlady opened the door. “Oh Yoongi!” she smiled. “Come in, Seokjin is on the kitchen” the woman greeted, letting him enter. “Thanks Mrs. Kim”, he bowed as he took of his shoes and headed to the kitchen.

 

“Ah, you came. Are you going to eat breakfast here?” the auburn-haired boy greeted, while stirring some soup in a pot. “I’m making more than usual, you know? Feel free to stay and eat” he smiled. Cooking was something very usual for Seokjin, since Mrs. Kim often got tired easily, thus giving him the responsibility as the one in charge of the household (not that he really minded, he was pretty good at it) (maybe way too good).

 

“Thanks Jin, but that would be too much” Yoongi sighed. “Is Taehyung again at Hoseok’s? I swear, he’s going to leave the complex one of this days” the older boy joked. “If I was sure my little brother was normal, I’d say he has a crush on him”

 

“Heh, it sure looks like that, huh? By the way, have you seen Jimin around?”

 

“Hmm, not that I heard of. Taehyung went out sneakier than usual. He probably didn’t want to bump into grandma after she yelled to your former neighbor. You know how she gets after that” Seokjin grinned sheepishly. “I’ve told her time after time to not get all angry like that. You know, because it’s bad for her health and stuff” Yoongi nodded understandingly. “Can you please set the table? Soup is ready and so is everything else.”

 

The shorter guy went ahead and did as he was told, knowing so well where everything was, having done this countless time since he moved in. Mrs. Kim took a liking to Yoongi for his hardworking spirit and his seriousness in everything he did (“Taehyung, you should learn from your hyung!” she had said once). She considered him part of her little family, and Seokjin being the kind, gentle spirit he was, befriended Yoongi easily, earning the younger’s respect. As for Taehyung, he usually avoided molesting him given his rare but characteristic bad temper (he got to experience it once, and only once) and just acted “normal” around him.

 

“I will eat well!”

 

He couldn't help but wonder if Park Jimin have had breakfast yet.

 


Soooooo, how was it???

Please comment, I'll be very happy if you do so!!!

EDIT: Made major changes to the story!!!! Please refer to the foreword for further notices!!!

-Mimi