..1

Love Never Fades

Love never Fades

Fading for Love Sequel

 

1st chapter, Part I

 

“It’s too big!”

Zitao nearly shouted on his shocked state.

“Oh, shush it baby boy. It’s not that bad!” Kris rolled his eyes in amusement.

“Yeah! You say that because it’s not you who will put it in your mouth now, is it?!” Zitao yelled back, turning his face away.

Kris jumps on top of him and holds his face tightly, using his fingers to pressure Tao’s jaw and make him re-open his mouth.

“C’mon! It’s not that bad! Stop crying about it!”

Zitao kept his mouth fully closed, behaving like the stubborn boy he was.

“Tao!” Kris says with a tired and amused tone “C’mon… Open up. Say ‘ah’!”

He tickles the younger boy sides and shoves the pill down the black haired throat. “There you go!” He says with a proud grin for his hard work.

Zitao chokes on it and drinks the water that Kris is offering him.

“You almost killed me!” He squeaks when he’s able to find his voice again.

“Oh shush mama boy. It’s for your own good and you know it!” Kris says with an amused roll of his eyes.

Zitao pouts stubbornly and looks at the tall blonde, in what, he hopped, was a bad almost killing glare.

Ignoring his boyfriend cute antics, Kris pecks his cheeks and smiles. “Good job, Taozi!” he cheers for him.

A sudden chuckle coming from the door breaks the two teenagers ‘argument’.

“Mama?!” Tao’s eyes open in surprised, what makes Kris spinning around and quickly getting out of Tao’s lap.

“Both of you are just so sweet! I might get diabetes from just watching!” She says beaming to the two boys in front of her.

Tao feels his cheeks heating up and looks blankly at the, suddenly interesting, bed cushions. Kris just smiles happily and says a soft “Thank you Miss Huang.”

Thank you for making him take his meds. He is such a stubborn child sometimes.” She says giving a pointy look at her son.

Kris just shakes his head and laughs. “It’s my pleasure. If you need my help, you can call me any time. I think I already gave you my number, am I wrong?” He frowns softly.

She nods with a smile. “Yes you did. But I don’t want to do that and catch you on a bad moment or make you put your life on hold because of that stubborn kid beside you, that doesn’t want to take the pills.” The young women gives a nasty look at her son and a gently smile to Kris, what makes him chuckle and Tao dumbfounded on his silence.

“But I don’t mind. I actually think it’s quite endearing.” With those words, Kris looks fondly at Zitao and takes the younger hand on his own, making Tao’s blush reddens even more.

“Awn!” Tao’s mom claps her hands together at the cute scene in front of her. “Get married already!” She gives small excited jumps in place.

The dark boy feels his cheeks go redder than the red sea and his eyes widen into an unnatural shape. “W-What?! MAMA!! Wait a lit-“

“I would love to. Maybe one day it will happen.” Zitao’s heart skips several beats as the words leave Kris mouth. The way that the tall blonde male was looking at him, made him go week inside and out, as redness taints his cheeks and a stupid smiles appears on his lips.

“Hum…! Maybe one day.” Tao can swear that his heart stops for some seconds when he sees Kris breathtaking smile, and the way that the older holds his hands tightly between his own.

“Well, I hope it’s not that soon, since both of you are still teens, and didn’t even complete high school or college, and none of you works. Did I already say that you don’t have age to marry?” Suddenly Tao’s father head pops on the doorway, with a smug grin on his face.

Was he listening to the conversation? Well, that’s rude.

“Baba!” Zitao whines.

“But honey, they are so cute!!” His mother does the same.

Kris tries to hold back his smile, looking at the scene. It was obvious from who Zitao had learnt to be an aegyo sass.

“Mama!!” The young teenager covers his face in embarrassment, whining loudly.

 A soft chuckle from his side makes him relax a little bit, but at the same time it makes him even more embarrassed, if that makes sense at all.

“Of course not right now. But in the future I would love to be able to give Tao a home, and a comfortable life and my love. If that’s ok with both of you, of course. I would love to have your blessings.”  Kris says politely while standing up and bowing respectfully to both elders.

The tall blonde knew how to use his words. At moments like this Tao was happy that he was clever enough to barely never get on these traps of good sentences. He seemed to have his father political vein sometimes, which blew Taos mind away every time. Like the eldest people used to say: Like father like son; the apple never falls too far from the tree.

“Oh my! Absolutely yes! Right darling?” His mom says excited and her husband merely nods.

“Good words young man. I trust you and I believe you will do that. Otherwise, I wouldn’t let you in my house or date my son.” He gives Kris a fatherly smile while talking. “Now, let’s go downstairs that dinner is ready! I hope you guys are hungry! Kris, I made that pasta that you and Tao love!” He says while walking out.

“Thank you so much Mr. Huang!” Kris beams happily.

“It’s okay. Now come downstairs and grab both yours and Zitao’s plate. I’ll let you eat up here.” He winks playfully at the teens.

Before getting up, Kris pecks his boyfriend forehead and leaves the room with Tao’s mom going with him.

Zitao leans back on his bed, he could hear voices muffled behind the door, if he tried.

“Thank you.” Kris voice sounded calm and was noticeable the smiles that he probably had. “You’re welcome. I should be the one thanking you! And I think I told you already to call me Shin or puópuo!” “Yes… Shin.” “Good! Now, let’s go.” Tao heard both his mama and Kris steps walking away.

He smiled, enjoying the peace and happiness, enjoying the way that everything seemed to fit together perfectly.

 

---⌛---

 

Zitao was sitting on a park bench, near school.

It had been extremely difficult to go there without Sally trailing behind him. Of course she pouted and stayed suspicious, so Zitao had to swear that he wasn’t doing something illegal or so. But it was still possible that she had followed him all the way there and was now sitting, waiting to see what he was going to do. He couldn’t help but look around to be sure that he was indeed alone.

Kris had sent him a text during class saying that he was going to talk to his parents about his relationship with Tao.

Tao’s parents knew already and reacted okay, better than both boys were expecting. He leans back against the bench as he recalled the event.

 

                ‘Kris could feel his heartbeat escalate by the minute they passed in front of that door. He was aware of the strong grip he had on Tao’s hand, he was afraid he would crush the other boy bones. Zitao looked as troubled as he was.

They were both standing in front of Tao’s house, hand in hand, trying to catch their breaths and their courage to enter and face the brunet’s parents. They were about to assume everything to Tao parents.

 Now, it was only a matter of hoping to be lucky.

                Tao slowly raises his hand and turned the key, opening the front door. He glanced one last time for his boyfriend, looking for assurance. This could go very well, or terribly wrong. Kris only looked back at him and nodded once, and squeezed lightly the smaller boy hand, careful to not actually break it.

                Everything was calm inside, except for the soft crashing sounds from the kitchen, Tao’s mama was trying to cook, and the quietly babbling of the living room television, Tao’s father was watching baseball and probably trying not to jump and go safe the kitchen from his wife hands.

                You see, this wasn’t the first time Kris was inside Tao’s home, and definitely it wasn’t the first time he would meet the other parents. In fact, Kris had been sitting on the living room couch, watching baseball with Tao’s father just the other day. He had been introduced as Tao friend that was going to study with him, and he quickly felt welcome there. The brunet parents were so heartwarming and good people. Kris felt at home for some reason.

                But right now, it could all end. He was about to walk hand in hand with Tao and show them that they weren’t just friends. And that their son was not straight or bi or single or dating a girl. This could be horrible and the couple would be heartbroken, Tao would have his parents against him and Kris would lose his second or first family he ever felt comfortable with.

                “Taozi, is that you honey?” Tao’s mom calls from the kitchen, quickly making her way to the front door, smiling gently when he saw her son and Kris beside him.  She liked Kris. A lot.

                “Hey mama…” Zitao smiles weakly and squeezes Kris hand really tightly.

                Both boys saw as her eyes lowered to their intertwined hands and her smile faltered a little.

                “What’s… going on?” She asked, looking confused to both of them. “Why are you boys…?”

                “Mama-“

                “Hey dear, is there something wrong?” Zitaos baba walks behind his wife, probably thinking it was weird that she was so quiet. “Oh! Taozi your home and you brought Kris with you! Great! I have this game that I want to-“He stops on his tracks when he sees the teens hands clasped together. “What’s this?!”He looks at both of them with a death serious expression.

                “Baba… Mama…” Zitao starts, looking lost at his parents “You see… Me and Kris… We…” he bites his lip troubled about the best way to say it.

                “Mr. and Mrs. Huang.” Kris starts with his serious voice, almost matching Tao’s father. “I am here to give you knowledge about my feelings for Zitao.” It was notorious Tao parent’s tension. “I have nothing but the best intentions to him. I know it must be really weird for you to see two boys together, and you must be thinking this is just a silly phase from teenagers. But I can assure you that I have nothing less but the most pure and gentle admiration, adoration and love. Your son helped me when I needed the most, and he was the only one who saw me and was able to help me. I was probably a pain on the first days but he never gave up on me. I am so grateful for him. I wanted to tell both of you how a wonderful job you did raising this boy beside me. He is absolutely perfect and respectful. He has his head in place and knows exactly what he wants. He is such an extraordinary person. Thank you so much for giving me the chance to know a person like him.” He says bowing deeply to the two elders in front of him. “This must sound silly and probably I am confusing you with my words, but I just needed to tell you this. And I needed to thank you both too, for teaching me how wonderful it is to have two paternal figures looking out for me and teaching me things. You gave me more than I could ever thank you for. But for now, that all that I can say. Thank you for showing me a family. Thank you for letting me meet this amazing human being beside me. And I’m sorry for anything. But I really, truly, deeply am in love with your son.”

Kris is tense, he can feel Tao is tense beside him and holding up his tears. He sees Tao parent’s ahead of him, looking trough him like they are evaluating if he is good enough or if he is just an idiot that needs to be in a hospital.

                “Did you just listen to yourself talking?” Tao’s father words come out harsh and cruel. “Do you expect me to believe in all that?” He suddenly turns to Tao “Do you agree with what he just did and said? Do you like him too?”

                Having the attention all on him, Tao shutters and nods “Yes baba… I do. I love him too. I love him so much! Please don’t make us fall apart! Please!” He cuts himself when biting his lip and holds back a sob, as his tears start to fall down his face. “I love him.” He whispers, covering his face.

                Seeing Tao on that way, Kris quickly takes the smaller boy face on his hands and dries his tears with his fingers.

                “Please…” He too begs, looking at the other parents.

                Both of them were looking between the two teens, as if studying the situation.

                “Very well… It’s not like we weren’t expecting this.” Mr. Huang ends up shrugging; chuckling amused at the boys’ expressions “What? Did you think we were blind and dumb to not notice that there was something between the both of you? I was just making sure you were serious.”

                “O-Oh…” Zitao lets out a shaky breath. “Does that mean that it’s okay if we are together?” He clings to Kris shirt for dear life.

                With a nod from both of his parents, Zitao smiles widely and gives Kris a bone crashing hug.

                “But I will still kill you if you hurt my boy.” Zitao father says it with a smile on his face and such a happy mood that everyone ends up laughing at it. With a gulp from Kris passing unnoticed.

They were all smiling and the tense atmosphere was only a memory now, until suddenly Tao mama claps her hands together and lets out an ugly sob.

                “OMG THE SPAGHETTI!!!!” She screams, running into the kitchen.

After that, Tao’s father ran too into the kitchen and well, they ended up ordering some take out and eating dinner on the living room watching Sherlock.’

 

Zitao lets out an amused chuckle at the memory. It had been indeed an interesting experience. He was so lucky to have parents like his.

That thought made him worry. He knew that Kris parents were so much harder than his own was. There was like 1 to 100 % chances of them accepting their relationship. That was the mean reason why Kris didn’t let Tao be there when he told his parents. He wanted to protect him from anything that could happen.

Nervously playing with his long sleeve, Zitao keeps looking up, searching for a blond tall figure. He was so scared of what might had happened. All he wanted was to hold Kris near and make sure he was and would be okay. There was no way that he would let him walk away from him.

“Zitao!” A sudden call of his name got the boy looking up and searching for the owner of the said voice. His heartbeat started to race when he recognized the tall figure approaching the bench.

Zitao quickly got up, barely having any time before being pushed to a strong chest and squeezed tightly, nearly losing his breath, but somehow his body knew what to do and acted on his own, managing to hug the body pressing close to his own. From the embrace he could feel the way that the other boy was shaking and his hard breath. All that just made the lump on his throat and the weight on his heart worsen. There was something telling him that the conversation between Kris and his parents didn’t go that well.

Tightening the hold that he had on the older boy, Tao rubbed smooth circles on his back, trying to help him to calm down at least a little bit.

Kris had his face hidden on the crock of Zitao’s neck and inhaling his scent, as if trying to make sure that the boy was really there and that it would give him the needed calmness to talk without breaking apart.

Slowly, the blond teen leaned back and looked into his lover’s face.

The dark haired teen used that opportunity to finally analyze his boyfriend carefully. He looked troubled and his vests and hair, which were always perfectly styled, were a mess, his breath was fast and hard, as if he had been running all the way to his house ‘till the park. Yep. Something went really wrong with the talk.

They were both silent, Zitao not knowing what to say and waiting to see if the boy in front of him had something to say, and Kris was at a loss for words, feeling like he had suddenly lost his ability to speak.

Sensing his lover troubled and worried mind, Zitao raises his hand to the other’s cheek, softly it with his thumbs, while the boy leans to his touch. “It’s okay. We will manage, I promise you.” He says softly, bringing the boy once again to his embrace, while Kris broke down against him.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Author's space------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!! I can't believe I'm posting this omg. So I'm sorry for any typos, you know I'm the queen of typos, right? This is unbetad for now. So sorry for that again.

This will have another part and I'm still thinking about my other ideas for the sequel. But I hope you guys like this!! Enjoy <3