One

Because I Was Bad

“What do you think you’re doing ?” JiYeon nagged at the person with the cast around his neck. The guy acrossed the room was shocked at the sudden visit. “Joon, you’re not allowed to go home.”

“I am, actually,” Joon replied, while trying to button his shirt, but the pain on his ribs attacked him. He groaned to the pain and stopped what he’s doing. JiYeon sighed, taking couple more steps so she could help Joon buttoning his shirt. She heard him continued, “I told my mom to ask the doctor. He allowed me to go.”

“What excuses you made that you can convince him ?” JiYeon buttoned the third one.

Joon murmured. He repeated his word after JiYeon gave her glare, “Final exam.”

“And he trusted you ?” JiYeon bursted. “You never study for exam.”

“Well,” Joon added. He meant to tell the girl everything, but cowardness fully surounded him. If only he’s brave enough to tell JiYeon that she’s the reason why he wanted to leave the hospital immediately, she might find him as a pathetic lover who slowly and easily changed his heart from one girl to another.

*

Lee Joon opened his eyes for the first time after got beaten by Yang Seung Ho. When he finally woke up, he couldn’t recognize the white colored place. He blinked several times to adjust the light until the image was clearly captured by his eyes. When he moved his body, he immediately realized that it was a bad option. His left stomach was hurt, like it was really painful that he stopped himself to move for a while. His chests were also hurt, his neck was stiff and the right side of his face felt numb. He moved his body slowly to feel more comfortable, but his left shoulder nudged something. He glanced at the brown tip head close to his eyes. The flowery scent came out from it. He couldn’t hide his smile when he thought it was Hae Won sleeping there. but the smile was suddenly gone when the owner of the head showed her face. It was JiYeon.

“Joon-ah, you’re awake ?” JiYeon brushed her eyes. When she finally put herself together, she shoutted, “Wait, you’re awake !? I have to call the nurse !”

The girl ran to the door and suddenly vanished. She came back few seconds later with nurse locked in her arm. She immediately told the nurse to check Joon’s condition. The nurse asked and told Joon about medical things he couldn’t understand, but Joon appreciated it by nodding his head.

JiYeon said thanks to the nurse after the quick check-up and went back sitting beside Joon’s bed. “Do you need anything ?” JiYeon asked. “Damn, you look horrible.”

“Shut up...” Joon replied. “How long I’ve been here ?”

“About twelve hours. You sleep well,” JiYeon smiled and tapped Joon’s shoulder. He immediately shoutted in pain. “I’m so sorry !“

“Ya ! It hurts...”

“Sorry ! I didn’t mean to,” JiYeon repeated. “You must be thirsty.”

JiYeon grabbed the water bottle on the side table, opened the cap and put straw in it. Joon slowly the water, it cool down his throat. Silent between them was awkward, but both of their brains directly drove them back to the moment that happened before. The image where JiYeon saw Joon got beatened up by Seung Ho clearly showed in her mind. And the fact that the guy she loved was in love with the other best friends. JiYeon could put aside her jealousy toward Hae Won who’s lucky for easily being loved by men. The only thing she couldn’t stand was how Joon could lie in front of her face. She stared at Joon’s awful face. Inside, she felt releaved that Seung Ho landed his fist on that face. At least JiYeon didn’t have to do that.

JiYeon wiped the droplet on Joon’s face. The thing she could do for him that time was taking care of him with all of her heart. Maybe by showing how she did it whole-heartly, Joon would change his heart. JiYeon smiled at the possibility,“Do you want to eat something ?”

Later on when Joon’s mother came, he finally could tell JiYeon to go home. It was already late at night and a girl shouldn’t stay out late. Although she insisted to stay, Joon scolded her to go home immediately. They argued for at least fifteen minutes until JiYeon gave up and followed Joon’s argument. She excused herself politely to Joon’s mom and left.

“What a girl,” Mrs. Lee said. “She’d stayed all day for you here, but you scolded her in front of me.”

“I don’t want her to spend so much time for me,” Joon replied.

“When a girl spends so much time for you, don’t you think it means something ?” Mrs. Lee asked.

“What ? She’s just being nice,” Joon convinced himself.

“Joon-ah,” Mrs. Lee sat at the chair beside the bed, “don’t act like an innocent kid. I saw how she took care of you. She forced herself to stay awake, waiting here all night. She has more dedication in you more than me.”

“She cares about me because we’re friends,” Joon made another excuse. "And you have to work. I understand that."

“What about your other friend ? Who is she...Hae Won-ssi ? You’re friends with her but she didn’t spend time at all waiting for you to awake.”

“She has someone else to be taken care of.”

“So that girl—JiYeon-ssi—should get more credit for being here all night, don’t you think ?”

“Mom ?!” Joon shoutted, giving his neck more tense. “What are you trying to say ? Argh my neck...”

“Joon-ah, you’re big enough to understand,” Mrs. Lee patted his head.

Joon didn’t want to interpret his mom just said. JiYeon was just like his sister, they cared each other alot so there’s no such thing more than just friend. Although she always stood on his side, giving him encouragement when Joon needed it, keeping the secret about his feeling toward JiYeon. The ‘class’ they had together to build Joon’s confidence confessing his feeling—although he ended lying on the hospital bed.

And how she hid her true feeling toward Joon because he said he was falling in love with someone else, while deep down she’s the girl who already—posibbly—loved him. In the end, she never left his side. JiYeon was really a good girl, Joon was the one.

*

“Anyway,” Joon continued after JiYeon finished helping him buttoned the shirt. “I heard about...your parents.”

“Ah,” JiYeon replied. She busied herself cleaning up the bed and table, trying to ignore the sensitive topic. She was not ready to talk about it when she’s in a good mood to meet Joon that morning. Sometimes Joon could be so insensitive. “Please, don’t talk about it. I’m still settling my position as a child who has to choose one of her parents. It’s something I don’t want to do on the first place.”

“I never said that I want to talk about it. You can tell me the detail whenever you want, when you’re ready,” Joon put himself slowly on the couch. He threw air in relief that he didn’t have to feel so much pain when he landed his body there. “I just feel sorry that you have to deal with this. You’re a good girl.”

“You suddenly talk like ahjussi I’ve known from the drama,” JiYeon commented. “The injuries damage your brain too, I guess.”

“Park JiYeon,” Joon called her in serious tone. JiYeon turned her head and saw the guy reached out one of his arm to her, “Come here.”

JiYeon was confused at first, but she slowly approached him while wondering what he’s going to do. JiYeon grabbed the hand and stared his eyes.

“JiYeon-ah, I’m sorry for what I did to you. I know I’ve been insensitive and such an for not understanding you.”

“Joon-ah, why suddenly—”

“I’m sorry,” Joon repeated himself. “And thank you for taking care of me.”

JiYeon couldn’t hold her smile listening to the nice words Joon said. She almost cried. She would be looked stupid if she did it.

 

 

- - -

sorry for waiting ^^

I started it with Joon x JiYeon since i feel bad for not making more scenes about them before - -a