Midnight Date

Tough Love

You ready to go bed. You lay back on your mattress but your eyes still won't shut. You keep thinking of Junhyung hanging around with all those thugs.
Suddenly you heard knocks on your door.
*Junhyungah...*
You quickly stands up and open the door.
Outside, Kikwang stands in front of you.
"Yah... Why is your face like that? I thought you'll be happy seeing me" Kikwang pout seeing your disappointed reaction
"Kikwangah?! What are you doing here this late?"
Kikwang move forward then hug you tight.
"I miss you... So bad" he whispers to your ear.
At once you feel ease in your heart.

Being wrapped on his arms, you too realized how bad you missed him.
Softly you round your arms on his back. You inhale your breath deeply.

Kikwang surely has a nice scent that somehow may comfort you.
"Let's go out" Kikwang said still holding you
"Mworago?" you said trying to look at his face
"I'm so so so hungry... Let's go out" Kikwang grins
"But it's already midnight!"
"You don't know how bored I am this week. Reaaally really reeaaaally bored... I really wanna go out with you... Please please please..." Kikwang nag you
"Huff... All right, but I don't know which place is open late..."
"I'll wait for you downstairs...! Go change quickly...!!!" just like a little kid, Kikwang happily jog away

"Okay... So where do we go?" you asked while fastening the seatbelt.
"Umm... Well..." Kikwang looks confused himself
"Yah Lee Kikwang... You already drag me away in the middle of the night.."
"Arasso... Arasso..." Kikwang your head.
At once you can tell the difference between them.

Kikwang's feels a bit affectionate, meanwhile, Junhyung's feel much softer and familiar.
"umm... How 'bout Ramyun? Yaaah... I'm so smart didn't I? It's still open and really goes well with our hungry stomach" Kikwang grins.

Both of you sit at the ramyun shop on the street side.

When the ramyuns came, Kikwang happily blow away the heat and eat it mouth fully.
You smile seeing his cute act.
"____ah... I want to try yours... Feed me" Kikwang open his mouth waiting for you to feed him
"Yah, we order the same ramyun, why would you try mine?"
"But it looks tastier on your bowl... I wanna try! Aaaaaa..." he said open his mouth once again...
"Aish... jeongmar..." you grab the noodle with your chopsticks then feed Kikwang.
"matda!!!!" Kikwang smiles happily munching the noodle in his mouth.

"Yah kids... We will closed shortly..." said the ramyun ahjussi
"Ye ahjussi!" you said
"Hmph... It's still 3 a.m... Where do we go after this?" Kikwang thinks
"Yah... You still want to hang around?" you asked him shocked
"Off course...! I want to spend time with you aaaalll night. Paying back those days before. Ah!!! I've got an idea... Let's go!"
Kikwang quickly stands up
"where do we go?" you asked.
"You'll know, but we got to be fast! Come, come!!" Kikwang grab your hand then yank you to go

"Yah, where do we go?" you asked as soon as you sit in the car.
"It's a really beautiful place... But we got to be real quick, or else we missed it." Kikwang drive his car right away

You see the sign on the highway.
"Lee Kikwang... why are we going out of town?"
"We're going to see sunrise from the best place ever! That's why if we're late... We'll be missed it for sure." Kikwang smiles big.

His feet push the gas deeper.

You bite your lip. You sense the car is going faster.

You glance outside. The trees are passing you by real quick.
You glance at Kikwang. He's in full concentration on driving.
You see the meter. 120km/hour. That's pretty fast.You started to feel uneasy.
The lights from all the streetlight gradually becomes blurry.

You feel cold sweat running on your forehead.
Your dad is in the drivers seat. He concentrated, just like Kikwang did.

You started to shiver.

Your mom is singing along the radio tunes. You sit on the back, watching all the trees in different shape running pass you by.

"Kikwangah... Could you stop the car?" you said
"Waeyo? We'll be arriving soon ____ah..." Kikwang fasten the car a bit

The truck in front loose it's luggage. Hundreds of huge boxes scattered on the highway. Your dad didn't have the chance to brake. The car slip on one of the boxes. You feel the world turns upside down. You can still hear your mom screaming your name.
You heard a loud crash.

Blood is running on your mom and dad's face.
You try to call them but your voice won't come out.

"____ah... Are you okay? ____ah?" Kikwang sees your body shakes badly.

You shut your eyes and hold your head tightly.
Kikwang quickly slower the car and park it on the road side.
"____ah... ____ah what's wrong with you?" Kikwang tries to shake your shoulder

You can smell blood fulfilling the air. Dad didn't move even a bit. Mom stare at you blankly. You can't tell the difference between bloods or tears that running on your face. You try to reach your hand to your parents. But your hand didn't want to move.

You scream your lungs out, but no voice comes out.

Kikwang hold you really tight, trying to calm your shivering body.
"____ah, what's wrong with you? ____ah? ____ah?!"
Slowly you feel Kikwang's warmth. You started to feel relax.

Gradually you stops shivering.
"____ah... Are you okay? Do we have to go to hospital?" Kikwang asked you worriedly.
You shake your head weakly inside Kikwang's hug
Kikwang tries to look at your face.
"You're really pale! Are you sick somewhere? We should go to hospital then"
You shake your head again. "I... I'm ok" you said weakly.
"Are you sure? Be honest if your sick ___ah..."
"No I'm okay. I'm not lying" you said assuring Kikwang. His face looks really worried.
"Do you want to drink?" he asked. You nod weakly.
Kikwang quickly open a nearby bottle of mineral water.
You drink it slowly. You regain your strength gradually.
Kikwang grab tissue then slowly wipe away the sweat on your face.
"Are you okay now? Really really okay?"
You nod. Kikwang look around.
"Let's go outside, breathe some fresh air" he said.

He jumps off his car quickly then open your door from outside.
He takes off his jacket then round it on your shoulder.
You come out from the car but your knee felt really weak. You almost fall on the ground when Kikwang quickly catch you.
 

Suddenly you feel like floating on the air. Kikwang carry you on his arms. He goes up the small stairs, climbing the tiny hill beside the road.
Arrived at the top he put you down. You sit on the ground.

The wind's getting chilly. But you feel warm inside his jacket.
Kikwang sit beside you. He gently caresses your face checking your condition.
"I'm okay now... I'm sorry..." you said
"No you don't need to... What happened ____ah?" kikwang asked. Worry still fill in his face
"... I... I saw my mom and dad... I don't know... Maybe... Maybe being inside a fast riding car, reminded me of how both of them died..."
Kikwang shocked hearing that. "It's my fault... I shouldn't have drive that fast... Mianhe ___ah"
"Aniya... It just... It's been a long time i never ride car again after the accident... I tought I've already go through that... I tought..."
Your tears falling from eyes uncontrollable.
Right away Kikwang hold you tight. You drench his shirt with your tears.

Kikwang let go his hug. He gently wipes away your tears and kiss you. A calming kiss that make your heart in ease.

"I'm sorry... I guess we can't see the sunrise..." you said. After awhile you feel way more relax now.
"Aniya... Well... I was going to take you to the beach..." Kikwang look around.
"But this place ain't that bad actually. Look... We still can see sunrise from here." Kikwang points the empty green fields in front of them.
"This is the best spot!" Kikwang grins.
You smile back.
"Yaaah... now this is what I've been waiting for the whole week! Jinjja it's nice to see you smile ___ah... The best feeling in the world!" Kikwang said playfully. You laugh seeing him.
 

Kikwang then lower his body and place his head on your lap.
He shut his eyes tight
"yah... Lee Kikwang..." he didn't answer and keep shutting his eyes

You feel the urge of touching him.
Awkwardly you caress his hair one time. Then look at the night above.
Suddenly Kikwang hold your hand, then place it on his head.

He make your hand his head again.
"Yah... You like it?"
Kikwang nod with smile but his eyes still closed.
"Arasso..." you his hair gently, over and over
 

“My mom... She died when I was so little... maybe it was not as tough as what you've experienced... But... I understand what you feel... " Kikwang then look at your eyes. "So be strong ____ah"
You smile seeing him encouraging you.
Kikwang shut his eyes again. "I vaguely remember her face... But what I can recall only the way she caress my hair every time going to bed."
"Well... Umm... someday If you missed that again... You can call me you know..." you said
"jinjja? You'll come jeongmariya?"
You nod.
"Even in the middle of the night? Cause you know i only need it before going to sleep" Kikwang grins
"Yah!" you grab his hair tight
"Yaah!!! Apeuh!! Jinjja!" Kikwang sit right away rubbing his hair
"hehehe..."

The sun rises beautifully. Shines everything around with wonderful shade of color. You look at Kikwang, and see him even brighter.