Knowing Kikwang

Tough Love

You eat alone at the school corridor.
Munching leftover sandwich from the cake shop, you glance outside from the window.
It's almost been 2 weeks you didn't talk with Junhyung.
He didn't wait  outside your room again in the morning, nor eat together with you for lunch.
You never step on the roof again.
You never walk to the part time job together again.
He always missing after school. You don't know where he go.
In school, Sometimes both your eyes meet at the corridor, but neither of you tried to start conversation.
Just like this moment.
You glance with your corner eye, Junhyung passes you by from behind.
He walk straight to the teacher's room.
Already quite a few times you see Junhyung in the teacher's room.
He always talks seriously with his home teacher.
*Is he got into trouble? No way... If something's comes up, the whole school will know what's going on...*
*Does he eat properly? Does he done the exam well?  Sigh...*

You can only watch Junhyung from afar

Junhyung POV

"Take your time, I'll just fill the form for you" the teacher said to Junghyun
Junhyung nod then bow lightly. He goes out the teacher room. He walk straight and passes you by. Junhyung sees you bow your head, avoiding eye contact with him.
Junhyung sighing heavily.
*Are you doing well _____ah? Are you eat properly? Do you sleep well? Did you do your exam well?*
Junhyung once again look at your back before he turn to his class.

Yours POV

You walk to the cake shop by yourself.
You check your phone but there's no message written on it.
"Sigh" you let out heavy breath.
Kikwang's also the same.
Since you didn't talk with Junhyung, Kikwang also didn't show up at the cake shop.
He didn't disappear completely, sometimes he text you at night asking how are you and told you to eat.
But he didn't come to the cake shop like before.
You didn't ask why he didn't came at all.
You're afraid of falling deeper for him.
You afraid what Junhyung said about Kikwang will be proven.

After receiving the paycheck for today, you walk outside the closed cake shop.
You look around.
There's no sign of Kikwang there. You let out deep sigh and walk away.
Suddenly you heard someone's called you.
"Kim _____ yang!" you look and see Dongwoon coming closer
*Oh? Isn't that Kikwang's friend?*
"Annyong ___yang" he said smile to you
"Annyonghaseyo..." you said bow lightly
"Are you already off work? Can i talk with you?"
You nod in doubt
"Oh! I haven't introduce myself, I'm song dongwoon, Kikwangie's friend, we've met several times before actually... So, can we talk while we walk?"

Both of you walk on the street side.
"Actually Kikwang will be furious if he knows i'm here talking to you... He'll said... Yah you're not my mother! Stop in my business! Hahaha!"
You laugh a bit seeing the way Dongwoon impersonate Kikwang.
"Umm... Where do i start? Kikwangie...  Well you must be quite confused why Kikwang never showed up?"
You look at Dongwoon curiously
"Since you're the only, let me say it once again, the only girl,  that can stop our endless fight with Kirin High... So i'll be honest with you... Kikwangie is grounded now"
"Mworago?"
"I know it sounds childish, a boy as big as him gets grounded. But for real he is, I'm not lying."
"Why is he grounded?"
"Hmm... Well i don't know whether he already talk yo you bout this... Kikwangie... Her mother died when he was little... So he live all this time together only with her dad, since he's the only son..."
*So he lost his mother too?*
"We can say that since his father forced to be a single father, he became really strict with Kikwang... Well he doesn't stay at home everyday, he has this huge business overseas, so he travel a lot... And That's the time where Kikwang can do anything he likes... Not always a bad thing you see, he's actually a good boy, I knew him since we were little, he's like my own hyung... he just doesn't like seeing someone being hurt, even tough the reason behind it might be unclear for some cases... Anyway, every time his father come home, he will be really strict with Kikwang. As you know these 2 weeks we had exam right? Both your school and mine... His father is grounded him not to play or hanging out outside school hour. Moreover, when he found Kikwang with wounds in his face as soon as he got home that time.. He was really furious! And yes... He know about Kikwang's got into fight often... And he really, really dislike that."
You heard all Dongwoon's story diligently.
"So bear it for a while ____yang... I'm assuring you... After this grounded thingy, he'll be back for sure" dongwoon smiles
You feel your heart in ease at once.
"Can i ask you one more thing?" Dongwoon asked, you nod.
"Yong Junhyung. Seeing you with Kikwang... Is he alright with that?"
"......."
"Well he was really furious before... Is he ok now?"
*I really don't know Son Dongwoon...*
"I guess... He isn't is he?... Well... I just want to tell you ____yang, I don't know whether you've already know bout this... I've seen Junhyung a lot these days... Walking with group of people that we know are thugs... What i mean we is us in Cube High, the place where we used to play billiard is close to this so called thugs headquarters"
You blink your eyes in surprised.
"look... I didn't mean anything bad... Hope you understand... But it just, actually I've never seen him before hanging around with those thugs, and recently these days, I often sees him..." Dongwoon stop his steps

"Well then. Is this where your apartment's at?"
"Yea, the broken white color on the corner"
"Great then... At least Kikwang owes me tonight for escorting his girlfriend safely back to home..." Dongwoon grins
"i'm not sure about girlfr..."
"See you ____yang!" Dongwoon then turn away and leave before waved at you excitedly.
*So... I'm his girlfriend now huh?* you biting your lips. Then you look at Junhyung's room
*Oh... The light is on, he's already home... Should i asked about what Dongwoon's told me?*

You goes up the stairs then stops in front of Junhyung's room.
*Should i asked him... Doesn't it would make him even angrier with me?* you hesitate for knocking the door.
Suddenly the door's open.
Junhyung comes out with empty ramen cup in his hand, surprised seeing you
"____ah..."
"Junhyungah..." you feel your eyes gets warm. You miss him badly.
"... Is there any problem?" Junhyung said. His eyes showed worry
"a... Ani..." you really want to asked Junhyung the truth. But the words cannot come out from your mouth at all.
"... Tomorrow... Our last exam... Good luck with that Junhyungah..." you said. You cannot Look straight to his eyes.
It feels really heavy seeing those familiar eyes.
Then you slowly walk away.
"___ah..." Junhyung called you. You turn your head to his
*i miss you badly...*
"Tou too...." he said.
You nod awkwardly then walk to your room

In his room Junhyung open sheets of forms.
He let out deep sigh.
He throw the sheets on the table then drop his back on the mattress.
He close his eyes even still sleepiness doesn't want to meet him yet.