Finale.

Why Do You Live?

He had called me about three days prior, asking me to meet up with him. Since high school ended, we had our own lives to tend to. I rejected his proposal at first, but as my best friend, he managed to reel me in. As I impatiently tap my fingers on the coffee table, the scent that swirled around me was sweet. The warm atmosphere of the cafe made me feel comfortable, and the aroma of fresh cocoa beans made me melt inside it's walls. That made things just a little bit less annoying. The purple beanie that he and I shared was resting on my head as I relaxed with a simple black t-shirt and jeans. The weather was cold, but I always loved cold. Winter, my favorite season of all. Taking a few sips of my green tea, I start to count to ten. If he does not walk through the door by then, I will leave. Closing my eyes, I start to get disappointed as I reach 6. 7, 8, 9.. and ding goes the bell, indicating that a customer has arrived. My eyes snap open, and the first thing I see is his eye smile as he walks toward me, jauntily.

"Mina, I'm sorry. I got caught up in traffic."

I grimaced as he sat down.

"Bobby, you reek of alcohol."

He sniffed his shoulder. "Do I?"

"You drunk dialed me yesterday. You were blabbing on and on about how you hated your life. You said you might even consider to commit suicide. Honestly, I wouldn't have even listened, but I'm a good person."

He snickered. "That's why you're my best friend Mina."

I sighed. "How about you get yourself a girlfriend? You're cute, Bobby."

He smirked. "I just don't want one. Now, I'm starving. Wanna go out to eat?"

"Lemme guess, I'm paying?"

I was very skeptical of him. He lived his life like a bum. Bobby had everything, and he shouldn't live like this. I tried not to, but the imminent feeling of annoyance started to hammer it's way to my brain. His smug demeanor just ticked me off.

"No. I'll do it. First, let's stop by my place. I need to get some things."

Knowing who he was, he was probably trying to dig up some money from his couch or something. As he stood up to leave, I grabbed his shoulder.

"I'll just make you some food at your place, and you can go take a shower."

"Thank you, Mina."

When we arrived at his small apartment, a pang of disappointment hit me as I stared at the varieties of noodles, laid out around the place. It reeked of trash.

"Just make yourself at home. We've been best buds forever. It'll be like when we were young."

Walking away, he made his way to the bathroom. Feeling just a little bit generous today, I started to clean up. Opening the windows, I let some light in while letting the stinky smell out. I collected the cups of noodles into a trash bag, throwing it out. Another disappointed sigh escaped my lips as I stared at the pile of dishes, stacked in the sink.

"He doesn't even eat with plates, how the heck does he have so many dishes?"

After I was done cleaning, I plopped down onto the couch. It was much cleaner than before. Content, I relaxed, playing with the little action figures he collected. Bobby then emerged from the bathroom, with hot vapor following him. He had his basketball shorts on, without a shirt. To be honest, I was used to this. He was always a sort of a slob. I mean, he's a guy. It doesn't mean that I was comfortable.

"Now, what are you making?", he beamed.

"Your favorite."

This was how our conversations progressed. Always angry, I never looked at him much. He sat down next to me, casually.

"Mina, you wanna know something?"

I hummed as a response.

"I went to an audition a few days ago. I nailed it! I'm totally going to get accepted."

I didn't like the way he talked like that. As if he's certain that he's the best rapper ever. It annoyed me.

"Don't you think I will, Mina?"

I didn't want to answer. The anger was building up. I couldn't take it anymore. With an astringent tone, I addressed him.

"Bobby?"

"Yeah?"

"Why do you live like this?"

The sudden question seemed to surprise him. He paused for a moment. I have spent too many years being nice and understanding. It was time.

"Excuse me?"

"Why do you live like this? You had everything. The skill, the talent, the looks. Why would you choose to live this way? I'm serious. You're ing pathetic, Jiwon. You act like a douchebag. You're a ing joke, nowadays. What happened to the honest, ing lovable Jiwon? Why the hell are we even friends?"

The words spilled out like lyrics, and I couldn't help it. I only used Jiwon when I was extremely disappointed in him, and he knew that. His head was down, and I avoided looking at his pitiful state. I expected an answer that I knew I was probably never going to get.  He then started to laugh. Amused, I stared at him. His chinky eyes met mine, and he smiled.

"It's just been rough these days. I'm sorry for how I've been acting. I know it isn't me, but this is a rough patch for me. I'll get through it, and I swear, I'll change."

Although he sounded sincere, it was going to take a lot more than that to convince me.

"Yah, are you mad? Sorry I pissed you off. Come on, I'll buy you lunch from now on. Don't be mad at me, please?"

Stubborn, I averted my attention.

"I won't call you a up today because you aren't. Rough patch right? Well, get out. Now. Also, if you happen to become an idol, how about you pay me back all the money you owe me."

"Of course I will Mina!"

A restrained smile etched on my face, and I stood up, making my way to the kitchen. Right when I did, his arm grabbed my wrist, pulling me back just a bit to come in contact with what I inferred was his chest. His arms wrapped around me in a tight hug, and he dug his face into the crook of my neck.

"You know how lucky I am to have you right?"

"You obviously don't show it."

His soft lips landed on my neck, and I froze. I could just feel his smile.

"Bobby?"

"Why have you never called me Oppa?"

"Cause I wonder why you don't call me Noona."

"I'm older than you."

"What are you doing?"

"I don't know."

"Get off."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Would you ever consider going out with a guy like me?"

I fought the urge to retaliate, and I considered his question.

"I thought you didn't want a girlfriend."

"Right, I want you. So, how bout it?"

"Fix your act, and I will."

"Consider or you will?"

"I don't know."

"You always know.", he stated.

With that, he flipped me around in a swift motion whilst managing to capture my lips into an ardent kiss. My eyes widened, and I smacked his chest with my hands repeatedly, to no avail. He smirked against the kiss, just holding me closer. Rolling my eyes, I shrugged.

"To hell with it."

Wrapping my arms around his, I joined in to the kiss as we both laughed, releasing the bottled up feelings of 20 years.
 


a/n: This was sort of rushed. I didn't bother to correct any mistakes, lol. Sorry for any mistakes. I'm too lazy. If you guys like this, comment, subscirbe, upvote? idekk. BUT THIS IS ALL BASED ON THE SONG. I DON'T REALLY THINK THAT BOBBY IS A SMUG JERK THAT THINKS HE'S TOO GOOD FOR EVERYONE. SO YAS. Hope ya guiseeee like it :)