Fin

The Image of You

Fin

Do play this song. BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTEfmu4n7ms

 
If love lets us meet again...
I have so many words i want to say to you...
You dont know how many night I've been alone...
Missing you, from the day i sent you away...
 
There's still a clear view..
The familiar hand my hair......
You who said Goodbye...

Park Saebyul

 

“I’m going.”

With the words coming out from his mouth, her grip on the phone tightened. She closed her eyes, letting the moment to swallow her.

“Seohyun?”

The deafening silence from her side was eating himself up.

“Please say something.”

“If I tell you to stay, can you do that for me?” Was what she badly wanted to say… but she opted out and chose the most reasonable answer.

“Take care of yourself.”

“Okay. You too, okay?”

“Okay…”

“Okay…”

Silence was hanging on the air, none of them wanted to hang the phone up. And it was him who chose to slide the red button.

Seohyun wakes up on an empty bedroom, she stares at her empty bedside… grazing her fingers on the unoccupied pillow. She stretches her sore body, a routine that she has got used to since she trained as a trainee.

She puts in the pink, flowery apron that she has gotten as a birthday gift… tying her hair into a bun.

She mixes the dough to make the base of the cake, ignoring how there’s quite a few traces of flour on her face as she wipes her sweat with her sleeves. She flips the cook book pages and scrutinizes every single detail of the recipe. She puts in an extra effort with the heart shape decoration she puts on top with it. Aligning, the strawberry to represent her undying love… She smiles satisfyingly as she clasped her hand together, admiring her work.

A quick ‘ding’ is heard, so she runs to the stove. Stirring the special soup she has made, with the anticipation of the years of training she has to perfect it.. she tastes it.

“Hmm…” She mumbles. “But it’s quite salty.” She frowns, disapprovingly. She decides to put it aside to give it to any of her unniedul to eat and start out with another batch of soup.

She opens the drawer of the makeup table, revealing itself is a small tiny red box.

She gasped…

“Marry me, will you?” He asks her, as he kneeled in one knee. His eyes are hopeful.

She gently lifts it up, and opens it. A shiny, glimmering gem is shining blindingly at her. She slides in the ring on her ring finger and look at the outside door expectantly when she hears the door opening.

“Are you home?”

Her face suddenly beam in happiness, hearing his soft husky voice. She rose up from the stool and runs to greet the voice.

 She lunges herself on him as she hugs him with all her strength.

“I miss you…” She says lovingly.

“Me too. I miss you so much.” He pushes her slightly away to look at her eyes that are b with unshed tears.

“Hey..hey sweetheart. Why are you crying?”

She turns her face from him, as she wipes the traces of the tears.

“Hey..” He lifts her chin up, to look at her enchanting iris. “Don’t be sad. I’m right here with you.”

“I’m not sad. I’m happy..” She smiles, reassuringly.

His fingers twirled in between her fingers… tracking the ring. He smiles triumphantly when he feels it adorning her slender finger.

“I have always told you that a ring from me would look nice there. So, thank you, for wearing this.” He lifts her finger up, and kisses the ring before intertwining their fingers.

“It feels great to finally be wearing it oppa. I’ve been waiting for this day for ages.”

“My wife.” He taps her nose lovingly. “How come you’re getting cuter as you age”

“I don’t think I’m still cute though.” She says defiantly.

“With these flour on your cheeks? My wife is cute alright.” He pinches her cheeks.

***

They are lining up with various question, about their next plan as a group and he as the leader… gives them the same answer. They plan to become a grandpa band and make wonderful music together.

Yonghwa adjusts the bag pack on his shoulder properly… as he walks away from the media eyes with his managers guiding him and the members together.

He glances on the empty street stall that used to be where he went to eat. He feels sad in a way. Seoul has changed in many ways during the two years of his absence. He steps out of the van, saying his byes to the members.

He chooses, to walk for a couple of meters… to get used to this feeling of melancholic as he walks at the neighborhood.

“I’m getting married.” Seohyun fiddled with her ring finger.

He’s going to despise himself for saying what he’s about to say next. “He’s a lucky guy..”

“I think it’s me who’s luckier than him. You know how frustrating I can be right oppa?”

“Yeah, tell me about it.” He looked at the woman who’s about to be someone else, sitting in front of him. Hoping that the someone was him instead.

He stops by at the newsstand to check out the latest happening as he roams his eyes on every single newspaper. One of it stands out, the tittle especially.

‘The Decline of The Hallyu Wave.’

His eyes are fluttering as he knows something.

“So this is the time.” He mumbles.

Right after the fall of the second generation of idol groups, it’s the time for the 3rd generation to take over the throne. They manage to make the Hallyu Wave lasts but it was less impactful than the 2nd generation and it totally drown by the time 4rd generation try to take over.

Maybe it’s time…

Maybe they have just gotten sick of Kpop.

He continues on walking and stops his steps when he notices a new CD store. They are ripping the poster of the unsuccessful idol groups and paste it with solo artist poster. Solo singer is quite the trend lately… he sighs as he digs his empty hand onto his pocket.

The world is revolving around him, but why does he feels as if he is stuck in the same old place. Unmoving, of his previous hope.

He takes a long last look on the hazy sky.

Will the new world accept him?

He keys in the password, anxious of getting in.

“Are you home?”

He finds that he’s going to have a hard time in adapting to the current world. He heaves a deep sigh… closing his eyes. Imagining an empty house with no one there to celebrate his return. He opens his eyes ready to prepare himself for the worst but then she comes running towards him, and how good does it feel to be cared this way… and to be longed this way. He misses her and it seems like she does too as she spares no time in enveloping on his warmness.

It will be fine, if she’s going to be here for him. The compass to his confusion.

Her face is bare from any make up. He likes it this way.

“I miss you.” She says..

God knows, how much he misses her.

He misses Seo Joohyun. He misses her so damn much, he feels like crying right there and then.

***

Yonghwa stuffs the cake right into his mouth, eating it despite having smeared his lips and even his cheek with the vanilla icing. He looks like he barely eat at all for days..

Seohyun smiles knowingly.

“Aren’t you eating?” He asks her still munching hungrily his ‘coming back’ cake.

“I’m full just looking at you eating.” Seohyun smiles, a motherly smile. Emitting a warmness that makes him feel like chocking with tears.

“Is it really tough there?”

“You have no idea how hard it is.”

“I’m sorry that I don’t even come to visit you.”

“We have no choice Joohyun.” Yonghwa stops eating and caressed her hand with his thumb. “We have no choice.”

He walked around, looking at wives pampering their husband with each spoonful of food. He sighed.

 “Look what I bring!” His bunk mate gloated at him with home cook meal. “It’s from my girlfriend. Do you want some Yonghwa?” He looked at the idol with pitiful eyes.

“It’s fine. Your girlfriend makes it so nicely for you. How could i.”

"I wish we did. I wish I can bring you food myself." She lets her long wavy black hair, cover her face.

He shakes his head, trying to get rid of the painful memories that he has. They were in no position to be normal. She can’t be that way to him and neither does he. “Seohyun…”

“I wish I can introduce myself as yours. I wish I can wear your ring already.. I wish…” Seohyun is crying helplessly as she says those words to him.. Those words that he knows she meant it. She meant every single word.

“Seo Joohyun. Stop..”

“I’m sorry that I almost let go of what we had…” Yonghwa holds her hand tighter.

“I’m sorry that I almost married..”

“Don’t.. Please don’t remind me of that moment. You don’t know how anxious I am to come in here and find you nowhere to be seen. I imagine the scenario all over again.”

“It’s my fault right?” She glanced guiltily at him. Her tears are still flowing down her cheeks. Pouring… hitting his heart with sadness.

“It’s not yours.” He pulled her head closer to his chest. Letting her snuggle in her embrace. Letting her let go of her pent up frustrations. Her sobs turning louder than before.

“It’s okay.. It’s okay. We’re together now.”

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Yeah, a short one shot. There's a reason why it's a closet fic after all. lol. Leave some feedbacks though. Hopefully you enjoy reading it. I actually try to make some trick there... like letting you second guessing Seohyun significant others. But right after Yonghwa coming back, it's actually the same scene at the end of the first scene but in Yonghwa's POV. But it's true.. Seohyun nearly marries someone else still, she ended up with him. I just wanted you guys to think a little LOL. I dont know if it works though... but if it did i will feel really happy. Haha.