Chapter 1

Once I was Real

''Dear, what is your inspiration for writing all of your books?“

''Honey, what's your secret?'' ''I'm a big fan , can I have an autograph?'' ''Beautiful, can you give me a smile?''

''Dear!'' ''Oh my gosh, it's the author of that lovely novel.'' ''Is she even real?'' ''She is so great'' ''She's awesome''

Blah...blah...blah....It's always the same. They don't interest you at all. You would tell them that you have to go back to your apartment as quick as possible, before they burn it down, but you can't. Why does my life have to be like this, you think and sigh out loud, making all of your screaming fans fall dead quiet. They stared at you as if you were a teacher about to give them the announcement that summer break is finally there.

''Ahhh....Sorry. I just have to get back to my apartment quickly. I think I left the stove on'', you say with a genuine smile playing on your face, '' I am incredibly sorry. I will make it up to you guys. I promise.'' And with that you started running towards your apartment three blocks away from the grocery store. Why couldn't the store be closer? It was a pain having to walk that far, while knowing there are people in his apartment, who could burn it down or do something else, that would cause you having to explain everything to the press, why your apartment lit on fire even though you weren't even in it. Sighting again, you ran even faster. When you got to the stairs, because the elevator was broken, you tried to take two stairs for each step you made, which was kind of impossible, because you were carrying all the grocery stuff and you don't like to admit, but you are a little bit short for your own liking. Finally reaching your apartment after what felt like hours, you opened the door, to see just what you predicted. There was a mass of people running around. Something written with ketchup on your light brown living room wall. Your black leather couch was nowhere in sight. The pillows all scattered on the floor. The dining table chairs upside down. Rubbing your temples with your fingers, you breathed in slightly.

''Why is it when I leave you guys, that you always make a mess?'', you asked them sincerely, trying not to yell at them. The merely turned to you, looked at you for a second until resuming to what they were doing previously. You closed your eyes and tried to count back from ten to one, but felt a hand against your back and quickly turned around, just to be greeted by the boy he wrote about only yesterday. He was way taller than yourself, had beautiful brown eyes that could stare right into your soul, but he had black hair. Wearing a plain white shirt and blue jeans, you could count him to one of your characters that actually look normal, even though in your books they mostly wear ragged and destroyed clothes. Him, Hyuk and Leo were up to now, the only ones you yourself considered having a normal functioning brain, not like these hooligans that almost damage all of your property.

''Keep calm Writer, they're just fooling around'',the boy said and laughed from the facial expression you were giving him. Your eyebrows drew up to almost reach your hairline and your eyes still slightly closed, as if you could wish that you were just dreaming and would wake up any minute.

''Hongbin'', you said in a stern voice, your eyes widening, waking up from your dazed state.

''Yeah, that's my name. I know. What do you want?'' the slight accent he had coming through while talking.

You breathed out and looked up at him '' That isn't fooling around anymore, if they destroy half of my apartment.''

''But aren't you rich or something? Can't you buy new stuff?'', Hongbin asked his head tilting in confusion.

''Yeah, but some of this stuff is not replaceable and what do I do if they destroy that?'' you questioned the black-haired with a pout on your lips.

The young man just smiled happily and replied '' That's what you have me, N and Hyuk for.''

''N, Hyuk and me'' you corrected him, the raven-haired rolling his eyes at the you.

''Whatever'', he said and closed the door, ''We don't want anybody seeing that the famous author has really weird looking people in his apartment, do we?''

'' Thank you'', you whispered, not even realizing that you had left the door open.

''I'm sorry. I'm just a bit moody'', you explained to him.

Hongbin turned back to look at him ''Publicist being harsh on you again?'', he asked concerned.

''A little, but it's not hat bad...EY!'', you shrieked very loudly (later denying it) as a small boy pressed on the ketchup-tube, wherever it came from, a smeared all of it on your white carpet.

'' That'll never get cleaned'', you sighed. ''Let it go'', Hongbin replied as he grabbed some of the bags that you were still holding and brought them to the kitchen, you following him quietly. The kitchen was an even bigger mess than the living room. Plates and pans everywhere. The fridge open, cooling the kitchen-area. Hongbin made it his duty to close it and turned back around and stared at you, who was almost having a mental breakdown, but you have become used to it. Too used to it, you think.

''I thought you guys said that you will look after this place and that nothing and I'll say it again, nothing will happen'', you said in frustration.

'' Yeah, we did say that, but Hyuk and N ditched me and I can't be at three places at the same time'', Hongbin explained shaking his head.

''They ditched you? What do you mean with they ditched you?'', you looked at him with confusion now featuring your tired face.

''Exactly what I just said. They found out that one of your guest rooms has a lock and went in and never came back out'', the raven-haired huffed, like a little child.

You did not even want to know what they were doing in there, because you know that if those two come together hell breaks loose. Just the same way you would always write in your books, but never admit to Hongbin, because you weren't sure if he would ever let those two out of his sight ever again.

Shaking your head momentary closing your eyes you said ''Whatever'' and started unpacking the food you bought, Hongbin doing the same. It is not a lot, because you are the only one eating it. You at one point found out that your characters cannot consume human food or they will choke on it and most likely die, not reappearing even after you have mentioned them again in your books.

''Ah. This looks so good'', Hongbin said trying to taste some of the ice cream you bought, for when you would pull an allnighter. Again. With a lot of force you literally slapped the ice cream out of the korean mans hands, making it drop to the floor with a small thud.

Flinching the raven-haired glared at you ''Ouch. What was that for?''

''I told you that when you'll eat human food, you will die'', you answered him with a worried expression covering your face and quickly looking down at the floor, biting your lips. The young man saw it and sighted, bring his hands behind his neck leaning against the counter. A few moments pass and the raven-haired looked back at you with a smile on his face ''I'm sorry. I completely forgot.''

Another breath ''I didn't mean to worry you. Thanks for caring about me.''

You were so surprised by those words, that you looked back up just to see the raven-haired boy smiling brightly at you.

''I care for you too'', the boy exclaimed, crossing his arms in front of his chest now. These words, made you notice that Hongbin, Hyuk, Ken, N and Leo were not like your other characters that you wrote about. They were concerned about you. They wanted you to feel comfortable, like a friend would want you to.

You smiled back at him. Looking at the clock you realized that it was already 9pm.

''It's getting late. I have to write some more if I don't want to get into any more trouble. Call N and Hyuk and if they don't answer bang at the door and tell them that if they don't help you I will order them to help you with cleaning up'', you spoke quickly, walking towards your room. A thing Hongbin, N, Ken, Leo and Hyuk also knew that nobody else knew, is that if you are face to face with one of your characters and order them to do something, they can't do anything else but comply, as if there was a spell put on them. That was your only advantage when things would get too chaotic. Sitting down at your desk, opening your laptop, you tried to start to write some more, but to no avail. First off you were incredibly tired, second you didn't have any new ideas, third you would most likely have to introduce a new character and you weren't feeling like having another person in your apartment just now. Waiting for almost an hour you sighed and started to write a little, coming to a stop after only minutes, because there was nothing more to say.

Finally making the decision to write about a new person, something or more likely someone appeared in your apartment. It was a guy. He was tall with a long torso, had unnaturally light blue hair, wore normal clothes just like N, Ken, Leo, Hyuk and Hongbin and when he looked you straight in the eyes your curious eyes made contact with the blue-haired brown ones. You turned back around to start to write about the tall boy only to see that everything was already there, on your laptop, every little detail, but wait you can't remember writing that.

'Hey, I'm Kim Wonshik a.k.a Ravi at the end of the little paragraph. Did this character just write itself, you were wondering. Looking back at the brown eyed boy, you saw him coming closer to yourself.

Your eyes widening as realization hit you, you immediately yelled ''Stop!''

The boy still moving towards you, not even caring about what you said and having a grin on his face.

''I order you to stop'', you loudly say again, but again the boy kept on moving. He put his hands on the armrest of your office chair, leaned close to your ear and whispered ''That doesn't work on me.''

Leaning back up, he was smirking and looking down at your baffled face.

Raising his hand under your chin he made you look back into his brown eyes and chirped ''You can't order me around, sweetheart. I'm my own man.''