Chapter 2

Be You

Warning: this one is 3,144 long. Good luck ♥ Oh, and try to read this while listening to Angel and or My Turn To Cry, especially the Chinese version because Luhan's voice is there. I listened to Chinese My Turn To Cry the whole time I wrote this. Hing. Enjoy! ♥

-

You were panting, out of breath from trying your best to reach the airport and his position as soon as possible. Your feet started to give up but you convinced it to be strong for a little while more. Without seeking any further, you turned at the alley to go to the place you knew where Luhan was. Or you supposed you hope where Luhan was.

Panic your system. You thought it was just another normal Friday. You didn’t have any class today because you basically only had one class but it had been rescheduled to the other day. Perhaps your unconscious state saw it coming, because you usually took a shower at noon if you have nowhere to go, but today was an exception. You took a shower quite early in the morning, and even wore your jeans before actually being a lazy potato in front of your laptop.

When your mother asked why you had showered so early and even wore jeans at home, you didn’t even know the answer and shrugged your shoulders before answered a short ‘just because’. Then again now you realized maybe your unconscious state saw it coming.

It happened in a flash, you already knew Luhan was going to terminate his contract but you didn’t exactly knew when he was going to do it and or when the news would come out. As you surfed through the internet with your laptop, you caught a news stated Luhan terminated his contract.

You were flustered already and still out of your mind of what to do when your phone dinged. It was a message from Luhan, with a picture of his favorite café you knew in Incheon airport, the photo showed a bit of his shoes and obviously his trunk. His message was short ‘I’m boarding soon’ with no details, that’s all it said and indeed that’s all what it took to make you ran to your room, quickly grabbed your cardigan and purse without forgetting your phone which already on your hand. Wearing the most matching foot wear your eyes could catch, you quickly ran outside to hire a cab after shouting ‘Mom, I’m going to Incheon, it’s Luhan, don’t worry!’ right before you left the door.

You didn’t even know if you had meant your words or not.

Both your minds and your body couldn’t stay still the whole journey. You keep on tapping your feet, asking the driver if it was possible to drive any faster and periodically checked your phone. You had asked Luhan what he meant, where he was going and what time his plane would take off but he didn’t reply. To top it, he didn’t answer your call either.

As if you were not flustered enough, on your way to the airport, you saw Lay’s post on his Weibo and you knew it was for Luhan. But what on the earth did that mean? The other members were escorting or anything? So he was really flying somewhere? Where? China? Without telling you anything? Wait, why couldn’t you grasp this situation well?

You finally reached the café on his photo his sent you earlier, heavy breathing like no tomorrow but you could care less, it took you a good half of a minute to find him because you didn’t know what he was wearing and you haven’t accustomed to his black hair, moreover you didn’t know if he was wearing any cap or beanie or what.

But you found him at the corner of the café, the furthest from the door and window, probably avoiding the chance to get caught by fans or reporters, if there was any. The main point was, the fact that he sat there calmly with legs crossed, back leaned on the chair, drinking his beverages and staring at you the whole time with a wide grin on his face. Completely safe and sound.

Wasting no more time, you took quick steps to his place and sat next to him, still out of breath and a complete mess. Eyes furiously glaring at Luhan, and he fearlessly let out a small laugh right now. “What’s so funny?!” you shot him with a low volume. The café wasn’t really crowded after all, and maybe that’s indeed why Luhan had chosen this place to take a seat.

He put down his drink. Luhan wasn’t even small laughing anymore, he was already laughing out loud with volume on control. “Do you want to see me that bad?”

You couldn’t understand at all and by then you realized your eyes had been hot the whole journey and you cried just like that. “Do you even freaking realize how worried I am, Luhan?! I grabbed anything I could, ran outside and hired a taxi as soon as I got your message! I couldn’t stay still on the taxi and kept on asking the driver to go faster and even break the rules of the traffic! I ran like an idiot in a freaking airport! I felt like my life is on drama, I’m running in the airport to catch my boyfriend who didn’t even reply my texts and my calls and I’m running in clueless as where and when he was leaving. God, Luhan, you know I hated drama!” Without fully aware of it, you were already sobbing and spilling your worries at him.

He stopped laughing since you started crying, his eyes wavered in a panic for a second but it quickly faded as he pulled you closer and let you cried on his shoulder. “Hey, hey, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to pull it that far, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, okay?” he whispered on top of your head. One of his hands was patting your back while the other gave your head soft caresses.

Since it was basically a cry of shock, it didn’t take long for you to come back to life. You peeled away from him and wiped your tears in mess. “I should’ve just smeared all my tears around your clothes,” you snapped with a slight sob.

Luhan just laughed again and handed you his sniffer. “Now that I know your plan, I’ll just give you this,” he said jokingly and you hit his arms thrice before you took it. Oh, you would’ve hit him forcefully, but the sob was no help on strength.

You carefully patted your face with the cloth and gave yourself some time to let the cry subsided. Luhan himself just smiled a little knowing your effort to meet him, well at least he knew you’re worth all this time. Thoughtlessly, his hand reached you hair and fixed some of your hair that were disheveled due to your wild run. “You really ran a good run, didn’t you?”

When you finished and felt yourself a couple times better, you put down the sniffer. You nodded while carelessly reaching for his ice Americano and took some gulps. “Just what in the world are you doing, Luhan? You scared me, gosh. Where are you going? Where are the other members? What time is your flight?” you bombarded him and still mumbled ‘gosh, you scared me’ once in a while.

“The K members are preparing for Chungnam Sports Festival; and whether they were preparing anything or not, I told everyone not to me, that’s why I’m here by myself,” he answered while nodding thoughtlessly.

“Why? You’ll cry?” Now that you’ve recovered from your wave of emotion, you had the strength to . You were not sure if he was going to cry though. Luhan was always a man of his words, he wouldn’t wavered from his own words, or decisions.

He shrugged. See.

“Then why did you call me?” you asked in amusement.

“Because you’ll cry if I didn’t.” A good slap landed on his arm again to earn a laugh from him. Your strength was nothing for him that’s why it was just so funny on his side. “Because I’ve spent enough time with them, don’t you realize how rare I contacted you the past days? The guys had been pestering me since I told them my decision,” he made it sound like it annoyed him but you could see better from his eyes.

Unlike you, who he might able to see whenever he has time later, the same might not happen for his EXO members. The boys might be too busy for him to meet and the agency might restrict them to contact him later, so you fully understand his state and just nodded.

“You are going to China? Already?” you somehow knew he was going to fly to China but you just made things sure.

He nodded excitedly. “Well, I mean, they can’t hold me back anymore, and I miss my parents more than anything. If they will fire me for this, then I’ll happily accept; if they will sue me for this, well the judge have to take care of my termination first, by the time they handle their sue, I’m no longer under their rights,” he explained with a snort, even though a glint of worry couldn’t be ignored. “I’m terminating the contract anyway, it would be weird for me to stay at the place they paid,”

In a gesture of agreement, you nodded. “You knew the news was going to be out today?”

“Nope,” he leant his back to the backrest. “I already packed since I told the members and the agency, I just wait until the news to come out to actually leave for China, I’d make a commotion if I go home before it’s out. Are you not going to order anything? It’s on me, of course,” he offered, since he saw you sipped his coffee for the third time already.

You grabbed his wrist slowly and turned it to look at his watch. A little bit pass 12. “What time is your flight?”

In turn, he grabbed his passport wallet and checked his ticket. “A half past one. But I need to check in an hour before.” So it made a half past twelve.

“Then I won’t bother to order a drink. I’ll just finish up your coffee, you can always order another one on the plane, what’s so different about Americano anyway.” And you sipped his coffee again.

“It will taste different in every different brand!” he argued with a wide smile but the both of you decided not to talk about the unsaid intention. That the time you had was not much.

You took some breaths to calm the emotion starting to build inside. “How was the agency when you told them?” Well, this must be something big for them and you wondered if they threw some tantrums at Luhan.

But not so surprisingly, he just shrugged casually. “Yeah, why do you expect?” he answered vaguely and let out a small chuckle. “It won’t be easy but I’ll do whatever it takes to go home.” You almost cried at his determination. But before you say anything, he raised and packed his things. “ me to the gate?”

You weakly nodded again and helped him to bring his coffee and passport wallet while he was occupied with his trunk and backpack.

“Does this mean you will permanently live in China now?” you asked as both of you threw some last nod to the employees there before leaving the café.

“I’m quite sure I will come back here to take care of the contract thingy, when the call comes later. I’ll get back in Korea, finish some other things until I’m basically done with everything here, and after that, practically, yes, I’ll permanently live there.” He turned his head to you to see if you were sulking or anything. Luhan was slightly relieved when you were not. “You’ll go after me soon, right?” he asked in a light manner to cheer you up.

You were lifelessly nodding when his phone vibrated, he took a glance at the id of the caller, and he mouthed ‘my friend’ to you before picked it up. Luhan didn’t even bother to step away, there was no secret in between you two so there’s no use to hide anything.

At first, you were going to listen to the call but then you realized he was speaking in Chinese, which you completely couldn’t understand. It must’ve been a friend from China. You took the passing time to take a good look at him.

His clothes were very casual since he didn’t have to bother about airport fashion or whatnot. It was almost weird to see Luhan standing in airport without a crowd spluttered around him. You knew why there was no one, their airport schedules were posted on the fan café, this one was not a job flight, and maybe you could even call it as a rebellious flight, of course it wasn’t listed on the board.

Your eyes grew hot again as you looked at him more and more, up and down, up and down. You were happy as his girlfriend to know the fact that he was actually breaking free, but you couldn’t deny that your other heart as EXO’s fans was breaking a little. It hurt so much knowing that you might not be able to watch him perform with the other EXO members anymore, not be able to listen to his voice as the vocal of EXO anymore, not be able to find him when EXO or even EXO-M perform in the future, not be able to see him at any other activities EXO would be doing in the future.

The tears on your eyes were ready to fall just the time he hang up the call. “He was my friend who’s going to pick me up later in Ch—“ he stopped mid way when he caught you were going to cry. A lovely smile formed on his face, even reaching his pretty eyes. His eyelashes fluttered as he quickly blinked to repel the forming tears.

That’s it and you throw yourself at him while you let out another cry for today, this time soundlessly. One of your hands hung loosely on your side, still holding his coffee and wallet; while you put the other on between yourselves. You were not on the mood to hug him, to wrap your arm around him, you would feel like holding him from leaving, and you might actually do it if you hug him. So you just curled yourself and let him do the rest.

Wordlessly, Luhan wrapped his arms around your shoulders and hugged you tight. He kept the silence on the air as you silently sobbed on his chest. “I thought I was supposed to be the one who is crying and you are the one who calm me down,” he joked.

You rocked yourself in protest but you couldn’t do much since he hugged you tightly. “I don’t care, the point is one of us have to be strong if the other is being weak,” you said meekly.

Luhan pulled apart but kept the distance close. He wiped your tears slowly and brushed away the hair sprawled on your face due to the sudden hug. “Hey, it’s not that I’m dying,” he said reassuringly, still putting some strands of your hair behind your ears.

“I’m the one who’ll be dying the next four months!” you said half-joking half-serious. But realization hit you, you would be dying just four months while the other fans might be dying for forever. The thought brought the stream of tears again and it suddenly made you felt selfish. Unintentionally, all the thoughts that he wouldn’t be part of EXO again came back and made you cried harder that your lips shook and you had to bit your lips. You were suffocating, you wanted to tell him what’s inside your head but it would make him waver and you didn’t want that to happen.

Once again, Luhan just smiled and patiently wiped your tears, sometimes patting your cheeks in order to calm you down. “Keep in mind that I’m terminating my contract with SM, that doesn’t state me as wanted to leave EXO. If there’s a way I can stay in EXO without leaving my parents so much, without having to cope with my phobia too much, and without pushing myself off my limits; I’ll gladly fight for it,” he ended it with a small kiss on your forehead. That little smile didn’t seem to be able to leave his face.

“Is the thought of going back home exciting so much that you can’t stop smiling?” you asked in between silent sniffle.

Luhan teared up at your question, and you know right away your question hit him on the right place. He resolutely nodded his head and blinked away the tears. “So much.”

And once again that was all you need to support him for chasing his happiness. He had been through a lot and he was still too young to sacrifice his happiness.

You took a deep breath and tried your best to wipe away the nonstop urge of crying, you should be strong for him and you would. You nodded and stole a glance at the clock of the airport, it’s almost half past twelve. You knew how he had always been so timid about being too intimate but you couldn’t help yourself to ask. “Is it too much if I want you to kiss me?” you looked up at him.

He bewildered for a while before pulling his hands to frame your face. You had no idea whether he was going to actually do it or not. “I know you hated drama, but I’m sorry, your life is already a drama. Being a girlfriend of an idol, and then that idol terminates his contract, moreover he leaves to his hometown overseas; what more of a drama your life could be?” he joked and laughed a little before giving you a chaste kiss for a quite long time in standard of Luhan and in a public place.

You pulled away as soon as the kiss was over, didn’t think you could stay any seconds longer near him without holding him back.

“I will be fine, everyone will be fine, right?” he asked, more to himself.

You nodded and handed him his coffee and his wallet of boarding things. “Everything will be fine,” you corrected him and patted his chest after he accepted his belongings.

Luhan followed your gesture to nod and he slowly turned himself as he walked closer to the gate. You watched his figure walked away, and another tears formed in your eyes. He reached the gate and he turned himself one more time, nodding and waving. This time, you were the one who followed his gesture.

Yeah, everything would be fine, at least eventually.

 

 

 

 

 


Sooo, I noticed most of my reader went sad when you read this, I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you sad I just want us to try to understand his condition together, hm? :') If any of us is going to cry, let's make sure we cry in happiness for his freedom :') Luhan won't be happy to see us cry, it will break his heart, hiks.

Anyway, that's the second chapter, and this story will actually end after I upload the third chapter later. If you've coped up with the first chapter, then you surely didn't fall asleep while reading this (only) 3,144 words right? Hehe, kidding ♥

I hope you enjoyed them so far, and let's be strong together ♥