Quarrel

Falling amidst chaos - side stories and drabbles

A birthday fic for wubukyu...a proper quarrel for once between Siwon and Kyuhyun.

---------------------------------------------------

Kyuhyun snucked a look at Siwon next to him and realised the charismatic man was having a deep conversation with Kangin sitting opposite him. His fingers sliding inconspicuously  towards the bottle of sake at the centre of the table, bringing it close to his empty cup. He pretended to sidle closer to his boyfriend, while tilting the bottle over to allow the japanese liqour out when Leeteuk raised his eyes at him. He stared back, defiantly, as if daring the other man to speak up before a familiar hand clutched his in mid action, "I said only two cups."

 

Kyuhyun sighed inwardly and then turned towards his boyfriend, his bright eyes looking up underneath his eyelashes. "Just one more, please?"

 

"Just one?" Siwon replied with a hint of amusement in his voice, knowing he was about to be laughed at by the other four around the table. He is frankly defenceless against Kyuhyun and his whims and fancies. But strangely he felt alright with it, reputation be damned.

 

"Please, pretty please...I will...let you come in my mouth tonight," Kyuhyun whispered into his ear with a glint in his eye. He chewed his bottom lip innocently while Siwon faced the others with his still expressionless face saved for a slight twitch at the corner of his mouth for just that fraction of a second. Kyuhyun chuckled before letting the strong bitter liquor slid down his throat.

 

"Baby, you better get ready for a whole lot..." Siwon warned back, catching a drop of sake at the corner of Kyuhyun's mouth.

 

"ing whipped," Leeteuk mouthed the words exaggeratedly at the couple before turning away to talk to Ryewook at his side.

 

Savouring a slice of premium tuna in his mouth, Kyuhyun rested his head intimately on the bicep of Siwon as he half listened in to the leader and his second in command.

 

"...300, 000 euros will do the job." Kangin informed to contemplative Siwon, who after a minute, nodded his head in agreement.

 

"Are they trustworthy?" Siwon said it more like an answer rather than a question.

 

"Just make sure the both of you fly in the day before..." Kangin advised as he casted his eyes knowingly towards Kyuhyun.

 

Sitting up, the younger man frowned as snatches of previous conversations formed a coherent picture in his quick mind. "Won?" he asked, eyes solely on his fianće.

 

"Nothing a little money and connection cannot do," Siwon replied calmly, his hand grasping Kyuhyun's tightly. "We will be married by next week."

 

"Wait...I need to be 18 first," Kyuhyun explained as he faced Siwon. "I..."

 

"I want you to be mine earlier, Kyu," Siwon replied possessively.

 

Kyuhyun knew Siwon is an impatient man, time is always an essence to him but in this case, he needed to stand his ground. It is their marriage after all and he would want all things to be done properly. He knew above all how much the other wanted to give him a proper status but not this way, Kyuhyun thought to himself.

 

"Won, it is fine, it would just be two months later but it will be ok, please?" Kyuhyun pleaded softly as he tugged the other man's hand.

 

"It is nothing for you to worry about, we will go after my trip," Siwon said bringing Kyuhyun closer to him, "Plus I thought you want to be Mrs Choi?"

 

A sliver of irritation course through Kyuhyun and he scooted further away, "Yes but not like this, don't you understand? I want to go through it the proper way."

 

"Kyu," Siwon warned, his eyes locked with the other. "I am not ing allowing you to stay in a foreign country all by yourself."

 

"I can take care of myself!" Kyuhyun hissed out exasperatedly, knowing the rest were listening into their conversation, "Don't you understand, I don't want money and connections to be involved."

 

"Enough, Kyu," Siwon said flatly, "We will talk later."

 

"No! Why are you being so obstinate? It is our wedding for god sake." Kyuhyun raised his voice, he was just beyond frustrated at the turn of the conversation.

 

"Later, Kyu." Siwon cut in, his eyes flashed dangerously.

 

"Why? Why can't we talk now. Is our wedding not important to you?" Kyuhyun pushed. "And I just want to do it the proper way..."

 

"And you are going to marry a bastard like me, how 'proper' can it be?" Siwon sarcastically said as Ryewook gasped lightly before looking at Kyuhyun.

 

"Maybe you should stop being a ing bastard then and start being a real man!" Kyuhyun threw back, squaring up his shoulders defiantly.

 

"Hey, you both!" Kangin interrupted before more hurtful words could be exchanged.

 

Slamming his hand on the table, Siwon got up and excused himself from the dinner, without a backward glance. He was fuming mad and needed to get away in case Kyuhyun riled him up further and he might just say or do something he would regret later. He knew just how capable the other was in this aspect, crawling under his skin and affecting him. Only him. As he sped along the highway in his sports car, his thoughts went back to Kyuhyun and his shocked face as he left just now. "Damn it," he swore before hitting on the brakes to bring his fast moving car to a stop before punching in a message on his phone.

 

'Bring him back home safely.' Kangin  showed the message to Leeteuk who shook his head. Trust Kyuhyun to pretend that nothing was wrong, he seemed to say.

 

Kyuhyun attempted another insincere smile before ordering another sake, intending to get himself drunk to forget the inpleasant incident. For the first time since a long while, Kyuhun slept alone on their bed. And he felt the bed was far too big for one. He tried his best to keep awake, hoping to at least know that the other arrived home, before exhaustion took over and he drifted off to a restless sleep unaware that Siwon had kissed his mop of messy hair twice when he came back and left the house early next morning.

 

 

Two days later in Tokyo, Japan

Maybe he was being childish, Siwon thought as he sat in the meeting with the Japanese flanked by Kangin and Yeseung. Arriving home in the wee morning two nights ago over the unnecessary argument in the Japanese Restaurant, he remembered kissing Kyuhyun's head before a strong whiff of sake attacked his senses. Knowing that the younger man probably downed more than what he allowed, Siwon shook his head at his impudent behaviour. He decided to sleep in the next room, so that he need not disturb him when he gets up the next morning, knowing how light a Kyuhyun he was. Honestly, he was still feeling indignant about how Kyuhyun blown up the whole matter. He never had his decision questioned like how Kyuhyun did to him for such a long time, in fact no one would dare to and yet only him,only Kyuhyun would. Siwon smiled faintly to himself as he remembered how the younger stood up to him, sharpening his words and throw them back where it hurts.

 

His handphone rang, stopping the discussion in the meeting abruptly. "Kyu?" He stood up and walked towards the glass window, his back facing the rest.

 

Silence.

 

"Kyu? Baby?" He asked, this time his voice low and gentle.

 

Silence

 

A sniff and a hiccup. Then the phonecall was cut.

 

Closing his eyes, he made his decision there and then. Striding over to Kangin purposefully, he rattled off in rapid Korean. His mouth a grim line as Kangin replied him before giving him a wry smile. Bowing his head respectfully, he left the discussion to his second in command and hurried to his private jet.

 

 

2hrs later, Seoul

Siwon nodded to Yunho who did not bat an eyelid and walked up the stairs quietly. He found the bedroom door locked and knew that Kyuhyun probably saw his car coming into the driveway.

 

"Kyu? Baby?" He called out for the second time.

 

"Go away," a rustle then came a teary voice over the other side.

 

"I am sorry," Siwon said softly, placing his hand on the door. It killed him not having Kyuhyun in his arms, knowing the other was just so near. He promised himself that he got to learn how to respect Kyuhyn's opinion since they would be lawfully wedded soon. Deep down, he understand why Kyuhyun wanted so badly to do things right, afterall it is a brand new start for them.

 

"Promise me?" Kyuhyun replied, his voice hoarse.

 

God, he just wanted him so bad. He mentally slapped himself for putting the other through the ordeal when he promised never to hurt him anymore "Anything..."

 

"I will be there for two months, till I am eighteen...everything the proper way...us, the wedding. No connections, no undertable money, no strings attached," Kyuhyun sounded resolute as he stated his terms.

 

"And Yunho will be there," Siwon completed his sentence. He just could not win against Kyuhyun afterall. Maybe that is what Kangin said by finding his match. Headstrong and fiesty, almost two peas in the same pod.

 

"Kyu, I really miss you...and..."

 

A click and the door opened. A warm body collided onto his with great force.

 

"I am sorry too, Won."