Flashback and Introducing Evangeline

Never Surrender

"I am nobody!  Who are you? 
Are you - Nobody - to?..." (Emily Dickinson)

"No, I am not nobody, I am taemin, Lee Taemin" 

"Then act like it!! Don't let them treat you like a nobody! Fight back! Cause' If you don't, things will just get worse. If you are somebody, then act like it." 

"...How do you know?...How do I fight back?" 

"I use to be treated like a nobody. I got sick of it, I fought back, now no one messes with me. Well...more you need to learn to block their attacks...I'll teach you" 

"Y-You will?" 

"Yes, meet me at the flag pole, in-front of your school..good bye for now, Lee Taemin" 

"Wait!!!! WHATS YOUR NAME?!?!?"

 

(Eva was 11 and taemin was 10)
I disappeared before I could give him an answer. Next day, I sat at the flag pole, he found me, I took him to my secret underground traning area. There I trained him for seven months basic defenes and basic offense, along with a few other fighting moves. He turned out to be a quick and smart student. Only once did he have to use what I taught him, he scared the living ing hell out of those bullies! it was very hard for me to keep a straight face as they ran off screaming in high pitched tones. After that I took him out for ice cream and a movie. Then at the two year mark of our friendship, I got a message from a informant, I had to leave korea ASAP. 
To say taemin took the new badly...is a major understatement..I had to use his pressure point on his neck to knock him out. He would have changed my mind if I hadn't, that would have been one of the worst things I had ever done to anyone. I did what I had to do...It has been eight years since I have communicated with him at all, or let him see me. Finally things are they way they should be. Now I can go back without worrying about putting him in danger I can't handle...I wonder...will he remember me? and if he does...would he ever forgive me for breaking his heart? 
 
~ SO THE STORY BEIGNS ~
 
(Eva is now 19 and taemin is now 18)
 
~ Eva First Person ~
I give my ticket to the girl behind the glass window. "Thank you" she says in broken English and uses a special hole puncher on my ticket, along with two stamps. "No, thank you ma'am, I hope you have a wonderful night" I reply in fluent korean. She looks at me surprised, I slide a thornless peach colored rose, into the small opening, makinng sure no petels get ruined. I then I walk into the massive arena, a small smile on my lips. I get  right up against the bars, and only a about three feet away is the stage. I look up at the stage, I feel my stomach begin the churn, fear and worry tightening it into a big painful knot. "This is no time to turn yella'!" I quietly scold myself, more and more people pile into the arena. There all chattering excitedly around me, all the noise mixes to make this strange sort of buzzing/humming noise. I put my head phones over my ears, to help calm my nerves and shaking hands, and also to keep me ocupide while I wait. "Now quit it! stop bein' yella'! he probably won't even see me, or even recognize me! its been eight years! so hush up!" I mentally scold my body, which is almost violently protesting me being here tonight.
Suddenly everyone starts to scream, lights flash and smoke comes from the stage.
 
I quickly pull my headphones off and look up to the stage. Both EXO and SHINee step out, and bow in greeting, all looking very bad I must say. "Yay!!" I cheer and put on my best smile, "Cut, cut, cut!" two dark creatures voice snickers glee, above my head. I feel my smile faulter, and without even thinking I look to up to the celing and move my gaze to the right. Sitting their cutting the light fixure are two ugly green, hairy, big footed gremlines. I feel my blood run cold,Those creatures can only be summoned by black magic or dark guardians...I hear a voice, probably my subconious, reminding me. No one can see them but me...but I sure as hell wish I wasn't the only one right now!! I see the cords on the light becoming undone all to quickly. "LOOK OUT!!" I shout trying to warn them first, hoping they hear me. Yet my shout gets drowned out by the sound of fangirls and boys screaming, as the young men on stage probably do something cute or funny. I have no choice now..."Great Guardians of Strength Ryker, Speed Marcia, Protection Brites, Light Oron and Hope Ezaranza Please grant me thy powers!" I whisper to the great guardians and hope desperately that they hear me.
 
I put up my hood "Save them" I whisper and close my eyes, I feel the warmth of the powers rush over me, like a raging waterfall. Thank you all. "Speed" I whisper as I leap onto the stage, using a guards shoulder as a step. "Stength" I mummble, I push taemin, kai, sehun and jonghyun out of the way. The light goes out, and I hear it falling, rushing though the air above me, hissing, like a diamond back rattle snake about to strike. Ignoreing instinct to jump back, I throw my arms up and catch the light fixure. It falls onto my awaiting hands, makeing me stagger a step. I feel the weight of it through my whole body, a almost crushing weight, like trying to lift a full grown elephant, even though ryker is helping me. I feel my left arm faulter, a sharp edge of the fixture cut into my shoulder. That is going to leave a mark.... I quickly set down the light, where it shouldn't harm anyone. Luckily EXO and SHINee have already been whisked away and the fans are running away to. Well this is going to turn out good. (Please note the sarcasam!)
 
"Light" I whisper, then I raise my voice, and lower my tone by two ocatives. "FOUL CREATURES! BE VANQUISHED BY THE LIGHT OF MY HEART!" I shout in a booming voice,making sure to make it sound manly as possibly. I toss two magic cards, each with a golden heart surrounded by yellow fire on it, inhanced by orons power at the gremlines. Bright light glows from the card, and shoots out quickly encasing the evil creatures in cocoons of light. The cards disintegrates, the gremlines scream in pain and rage,as they too disintegrate. I quickly run off stage, holding my hoddies sleeve so it keeps pressure on my wound. Though the guardians are helping keeping the blood from dripping everywhere, I know, even guardians need help sometimes. I don't dare look behind me or around me. If anyone sees my face I could get into some big trouble. I find a back door and run out of it as fast as I can. As I flee, I hear the fire alram start to go off. "Perfect" I whisper, a small, triumphant smile on my lips. The guardians power is still flowing through my body, thank goodness, but it's draining fast. 
 
"Go..Overdrive of strength ryker" I whisper, I feel ryker give me more strength, and I whisper a short prayer of thanks. Though I know, this will come at a cost, probably a couple of brusies and some aches, come tomorrow morning. Within ten minutes I'm at the mouth of black cat alley, black cats yowl as I run through. I grab onto the rainbow painted fire escape, and climb one handed, all the way up, then I swing myself onto the roof top. I get to the doorway, of my good friend Lucas O'conner apartment and bang on it loudly. "Thank you ventuero for him having a door here" I whisper to ventuero guardian(more bringer) of luck. Please esparanza and ventureo! don't let him be in hermit mode right now!! I think to the guardians (bringers) of luck and hope. 
 
"Yes?...What the?! oh my anime! eva?! what the hell happened?!" my friend Lucas says, then questions. Not giving me anytime to answer he ushers me inside,down the small flight of stairs to his large two bedroom appartment. He pulls a bar stoll from under the kitchens bar for me to sit on. "Okay jacket and shirt off" he says and hands me a pair of scissors, already being able to see where my wound is, because of the fresh blood spot on my hoodie. I sit down and I cutt them in half, along with the bandages I use to bind my s. He quickly begin to put medicine on my wound and wrap it. "Try not to use this arm to much okay?, be careful when you bathe and..you know the rest" he says. I just grunt to show I understand, "thanks" I say and he hands me a glass of water and two pain pills. "Stick here tonight okay please?" he ask and I nod, signilaing that I accept his offer. 
 
I take the pills quickly and go to sit down in the black fluffy recliner chair. Which is right infront of his gas powered fire place. "You've found him or her haven't you?" lucas ask, he sits in his rocking chair which is right by the fire place, across from the fluffy recliner I am in. I just nod, my eye lids feel heavy, the guardians power has drained from my body...damn my overdrive lasted very long this time..this is going to freaking hurt in the morning. Also those pain killers are kicking in as well, which makes me feel even drowsier. Lucas, pulls the light quilt from the back of couch and puts it over me. He pulls the arm on the side of the chair, making the foot rest pop out, he tucks me in. "Sleep my darling" he whispers to me and kisses the top of my head. "Please sing me a song" I ask in a slurred voice, he gives me a smile and nods. He sits back in his rocking chair, pulling his old rose wood guitar from the stand. He tunes it up and begins to sing one of my favorite Irish Lyllabys. 
 
"ar sciatháin na hoíche
is féidir do Fury a bheith crosáilte
Féadfaidh aon duine thats daor
chun ár n-oileán a bheith caillte
buille na gaotha go réidh
calma a bheith ar an cúr
Shine an solas geala
chun iad a threorú ar ais sa bhaile."
 
I smile as I drift into a wonderful deep sleep, dreaming of my memories with taemin. Some of the only good memories I have of my childhood. 
 
Trasnlated Lullaby 
on the wings of the night
may your fury be crossed 
may no one thats dear
to our island be lost 
blow the winds gently
calm be the foam
shine the light brightly
to guide them back home.