Chapter Two

Until I Met You

"This meeting could change the whole future of our company. It's very important we make a good first impression son."

Jongin listened to his father carefully as he followed him towards the conference room. He felt a lot more pressure after hearing his father's words, but he tried his best to look calm, cool and collected as he nodded, "I understand father."
 

"The Do's would be very helpful and powerful allies if we get them on our side." The two men reached the conference room where the meeting would be held, but before entering, Mr. Kim turned to look at his son, "We desperately need this deal in order to take our company to the next level Jongin, so if you need to befriend the CEO's son, do it! Do you understand?"

Jongin nodded, "I do understand." He looked back at his father, his eyes full of determination, "I will make sure that we get this deal."

Mr. Kim smiled proudly as he gave his son an encouraging pat on the back, "Are you ready son?"

Jongin gave a firm nod and walked in behind his father into the conference room. As his father introduce himself to all the other people in the room, Jongin's eyes scanned the place, searching for his target. His eyes stopped when he finally found who he presumed to be Mr. Do's son. Jongin stared at him and the young male stared right back, his eyes big, beautiful and captivating, he found it very difficult to look away from the drop dead gorgeous male.

Jongin finally broke eye contact with the other when his father called out his name. He looked at his father, confusion written all over his face, "Huh? What?"

"I said introduce yourself son," Mr. Kim replied. 

Jongin nodded and looked back at the Do's before bowing, "Hello I'm Kim Jongin." He shook hands with Mr. Do and then looked at the man next to him, his beautiful son, before stretching out his arm. 

"I'm Do Kyungsoo, it's nice to meet you," the beautiful male said softly as he shook Jongin's hand.

Jongin noticed how soft Kyungsoo's hand was, he looked down at their hands and unconsciously smiled, they seemed to fit perfectly together. Not that it mattered, because he had Baekhyun, he was merely making an observation. Or at least that's what Jongin told himself, "Nice too meet you too."

Kyungsoo pulled his hand away first and smiled shyly at the other. 

Jongin immediately smiled back, looking somewhat like an idiot. 

"My son, Kyungsoo, will hopefully be taking over the business soon, so I hope you don't mind but I've decided to let him negotiate the deal today," Mr. Do spoke, his voice full of pride.

Mr. Kim smiled after hearing this, he just knew that Jongin could definitely negotiate a great deal with Mr. Do's son. His son had always been very persuasive, and if Jongin could just befriend Kyungsoo, then there was no doubt in his mind that his son would easily score a deal between the Kim’s and Do's.

"My son, Jongin, is someone I trust to review and negotiate my deals, so I think it would be wonderful if we let our sons take over and negotiate a deal that's fair to both of us."

Mr. Do nodded in agreement, finding the idea to be splendid and just what his son needed to give him a boost of confidence. 

So just like that, Jongin and Kyungsoo began working together.


***


"I-I can't do it Baekhyun... he's not the right one, I just know he's not. And look at me, I look so fat in this dress!"

Baekhyun wasn't surprised, while working as a wedding planner for a little over three years, he had seen many brides who suddenly got cold feet, he had seen brides who freaked out over their wedding dress last minute and brides that just seemed to doubt every decision they made. But it was part of Baekhyun's job to make sure the bride didn't run away; he had never lost a bride and he definitely wasn't going to start now.

He walked over to the bride and smiled, "You look so beautiful, you are timeless. Your hair is perfect, your body is perfect and that dress was made for you. You're the envy of every single one of your bridesmaids whom I over heard say that they wished they could look as perfect as you do.“ Baekhyun turned the bride around so she could see herself in the full length mirror, he smiled gently before continuing to speak, "But you have so much more then that Eunji... you have the love of a man named Youngjae. A man who, when he walked into the dinner rehearsal just yesterday, turned to me and said, "I can't believe she picked me. I can't believe I'm going to marry the most perfect woman I've ever met." And that tells me that this marriage of yours is not only going to work, it's going to last forever."


Eunji looked at Baekhyun with tears threatening to fall down her eyes, "Really?" 

And Baekhyun congratulated himself in his head, he had used that same speech with over fifty brides and it still worked. 

He nodded and continued to smile, "Yes, really."

The beautiful bride smiled brightly before turning around and hugging the wedding planner tightly, "Thank you Baekhyun!" 

Baekhyun smiled and hugged her back, letting her go only after his cell phone began to ring. He excused himself and stepped out into the hallway to take the call, "Hello?"

"Baekhyun!" Chanyeol yelled his name loudly, surprising the wedding planner, "I'm sorry if I'm bothering... i-it's just that you promised to call and I was beginning to worry when you hadn't. I thought maybe you forgot?"

"I didn't forget Chanyeol, it's just that, I had this huge wedding today but I was going to call you as soon as it finished."

Chanyeol let out a sigh of relief, "Good... I thought maybe you were scared of me after, you know, yesterday... last night."

Baekhyun giggled softly before speaking again, "Of course not Chanyeol, I'm sorry for worrying you. Should I make it up to you?" 

"YES!" Chanyeol screamed, but quickly cleared his throat and spoke again, "I-I mean, sure... maybe you can take me out to dinner tonight?"

Baekhyun thought for a while, usually he and Jongin had dinner together every single night, but he guessed missing one night couldn't hurt, "Sure, it'll be my treat, can you just text me the address?"

"Yes, I'll text it to you soon, but umm... have you had lunch yet?" Chanyeol asked.

"Nope," Baekhyun replied, "I've been really busy with this wedding that I haven't even had time to grab a bite to eat, but I'll eat something at the reception."

"Make sure you do," Chanyeol said, almost sounding a bit concerned, "We wouldn't want you getting sick."

Baekhyun bit his lower lip to stop himself from possibly saying something stupid, he leaned back at the wall before speaking into the phone, "T-Thank you for worrying Chanyeol," he smiled to himself, "Make sure you eat also, and take good care of yourself, okay?"

Chanyeol chuckled a bit, "I will Baek."

Baekhyun suddenly had flashbacks of Kyungsoo and Chanyeol holding hands and of his own boyfriend, Jongin; he shook his head and took a deep breath, "Y-Yeah... you have to make sure you're healthy so that you can take care of Kyungsoo."

"Oh, right," Chanyeol replied, almost as if he had just suddenly remembered that he was an engaged man.

"I'll meet you later tonight, Chanyeol," Baekhyun said in almost a whisper. 

"Okay." Chanyeol replied, "Bye Baek."

After hanging up Baekhyun walked into the nearest bathroom and locked the door behind him, he looked at himself in the mirror and sighed, "Get a grip Byun Baekhyun!" He scolded himself, "This is an engaged man, and you have a boyfriend... you cannot ruin two relationships simply because you find Chanyeol attractive, and charming, and caring, and... absolutely perfect."

He slapped himself and shook his head once again, "No, I can't have these thoughts."

Baekhyun stayed locked inside the bathroom for another ten minutes, talking to himself and trying to convince himself that what he felt for Chanyeol was merely a small crush.


***


Jongin and Kyungsoo were left alone; they were now sitting side by side, reading over a few documents and other papers their fathers had left for them. If he was being honest though, Jongin wasn't really paying attention, he was too distracted by the beautiful male beside him. Do Kyungsoo, Jongin thought he was one of the most beautiful persons he had ever seen. He had a boyfriend, but that didn't mean he was blind to Kyungsoo's beauty. 

Kyungsoo caught Jongin staring at him and only smiled shyly before look back down at the documents in front of him. 

"Kyungsoo?" Jongin stared into the other's eyes when Kyungsoo turned to look at him, those big, beautiful eyes made him really curious. Jongin wanted to know more about Do Kyungsoo. He needed to know more.

"Y-Yes?" Kyungsoo asked softly, eyes growing huger as Jongin seemed to come closer towards him, he was nervous yet excited, making no attempt to move away as Jongin continued to inch closer.

"I want to get to know you better." Jongin shamelessly scanned him from head to toe before looking back at his big eyes and smiling, "You make me very curious."

"A-And what does this have to do with us reaching an agreement about our companies?" Kyungsoo asked, but he also seemed to scoot closer towards the other, not too much, just a little, "I'm not an idiot... do you think that I'll fall into a trap, you becoming my friend so that I'll make a deal with you?"

Jongin chuckled lightly, feisty, smart and beautiful, Do Kyungsoo was perfect. "Honestly, my father did ask me to befriend you, but I'm being genuine right now," Jongin brought his face just centimeters away from Kyungsoo's, "you make me really curious," he whispered, his hot breath hitting Kyungsoo's face. 

Kyungsoo took a quick glance down at Jongin's full lips before looking back up at the younger male, "I'm curious about you too Kim Jongin."

Jongin smiled and pressed his forehead against Kyungsoo's, the other male did nothing to pull back and instead smiled shyly before biting his lower lip, "J-Jongin I'm engaged."

The younger of the two shrugged his shoulders, "I don't care, we're not doing anything wrong, are we?"

Kyungsoo shook his head, "No," he whispered softly. 

The younger one chuckled lightly before finally backing away, but only slightly, "So, how we go out to dinner tonight?" He asked, "It'll be my treat."

Kyungsoo hesitated but then slowly nodded, "Okay."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: Yeah, Jongin is gonna be quite the charmer in this story, a sort of confident go getter. Oh and I totally got inspired by the movie, The Wedding Planner for one of the scenes in this chapter.