LtK: Alternate Ending

Learning the Keys

-----Alternate Ending-----

Fast forward: 7 years later. A teenager was at the side on the stage, waiting for his name to be called upon. He had his hair neatly combed to the back, revealing his forehead; he was also in one of his nice formal suits that he owned at 17 years old. 17 – the age when most people would be busy studying, and not own any decent suits unless they were working. He had spent the past 7 years practising on the piano while being home-schooled, it was not the most pleasant experience as he drilled himself so hard in order to achieve something… something enough to proof to his parents that the money and time they had spent on him was worth it, and also in order to take the next step forward in his life.

 

“Year 2006, Winner of the Second Korean Youth Piano Competition – Mr. Luhan,” goes the emcee. The hall was roaring with applause, while Luhan took steady steps up onto the middle of the stage. He shook his hand and received the trophy from the guest-of-honour, then turned to take a bow to the audience below; pausing a little while for the photographs to be taken. During this short moment, he tried to do a quick scan through the crowd to spot any familiar faces, was blinded by the glaring spotlights and camera flashes instead. On cue, he finally turned and left the stage.

 

He was smiling and bowing to the other contestants along the corridor until he finally reached a small holding room that had his name on the door. He was finally able to be alone and calm his nerves until he opened the door to the room. “CONGRATULATIONS OPPA!!!” He almost fell down but managed to hold himself up despite of the additional weight on him. Luhan slightly tugged the person hugging him and adjusted her soft black hair back in place. ”Thank you Hyun-ah,” he said gently as a smile formed on his face, and then planted a soft kiss on the crown of her head.

 

“Oppa, what would you have done without me? I should have some credit now that you’ve gotten the award, right? Hehehe,” Seohyun looked up at Luhan and that caused her soft curls to fall fall over her shoulders, tickling the arm holding on to him a little. “You cheeky little one!” Luhan said out of an act of exasperation, though the grin on his face gave away his true emotions. He was, indeed, thankful for her all these while. If not for her constant encouragement and patience, he would not have made it this far. It was truly an amazing that they have managed to stay by each other for the past 7 years.

 

Luhan looked into Seohyun’s beautiful eyes while holding her in his arms. “Hyun-ah, you know that you’re part of the reason that I have worked so hard for this right? Thank you so much for being there always,” he finally said. Seohyun blushed, nothing like her usual chatty self, and nodded slowly. Her reaction made him laugh, as he embrace her into one last hug before packing his stuffs up so that they can leave for a celebratory dinner with his family. Before they stepped out of the room, Seohyun hesitated a little and then shouted “YA OPPA! Did you… forget... something?” her voice trailed off.

 

He turned back to look at a blushing Seohyun, she was biting on her lips lightly while she held her hand out straight at Luhan. “OHH!” He suddenly realized what she was holding – the ring that he bought a few years ago, and had promised to put it on her if he was to win an award – the award tonight. “But… I didn’t know you would still remember that, we were so young back then,” Luhan said sheepishly as he got closer to her. She looked visibly disappointed as she looked down as she heard him apologize. Suddenly, he held her right hand up and slipped a ring on her ring finger. “I got a new ring for you, a new promise now for a better future,” Luhan winked at the confused and shocked Seohyun looking at him now. Instead of saying anything she hit him lightly on his chest then embraced him into a hug again. “Thank you,” she whispered into his chest.

 

As much as he did not want to, Luhan had to force themselves apart and leave for the dinner. "Hey, I love you and your hugs, but... we really have to leave now. Let's go," Seohyun looked up at him and nodded, then went to gather the stuffs that were left in the room then got out of the room with Luhan; hand in hand. 

------------------------

A/N: Sorry this took a while! I hope you'll like this alternate ending too. Please feel free to comment, suggest and feedback. :)