CHAPTER 1 PART 1 OF 2

LOVE ON THE RUN

From the moment you stepped onto the sleek ,bullet-shaped elevator that serviced your upscale office building ,You(Minhee Riley)   felt a strange ,sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach--not a good sign at all ,considering the fact that you were heading up to the eighth floor.

Had you been inclined to believe in such things ,you might have said that something was in the air or thaat the feeling was a sort of premonition. But being a dependable ,rational sort ,you dismissed the feeling as latent indigestion caused by the previous night's meal ,made a mental note toeschew all restaurants serving steaks rare enough to moo ,and set your mind to spending the next twelve hours doing what you did best: running the Riley & Associates advertising agency like a well-oiled machine.

The elevator doors opened with a friendly hum ,and You stepped confidently into the agency's opulent lobby. White-bleached walls gleamed beneath warm summer sunlight streaming through the windows ,giving the entire foyer a cheerful glow. Behind the gray-and-white marble receptionist's desk sat a virile-looking man with high cheekbones and a mischievous glint in his eye.

You smiled in spite of yourself. True ,it still bothered you that Kim Jonghyun's face    was the first you saw each morning. Although you headed a cutting-edge advertising agency ,Your personal tastes ran to the classic and the conventional-and there was certainly nothing conventional about your twenty-two-year-old male receptionist. It was taking you some time to adjust to the fact that you now had a man taking messages for you: particularly one who worked part-time in the morning simply so he could spend the rest of the day pursuing his dream of becoming-You shuddered at the thought-an actor. Only in Seoul ,you thought wryly.

"Good morning Ms.Riley !" the young man said with what You took to be caffine-induced enthusiasm. With one hand he at you a short stack of pink message slips; with the other ,he reached up to adjust the tiny telephone headset that perched ridiculously atop his dark ,closely cropped hair ,its mouthpiece extending down his masculine jaw line. He was impeccably dressed in a fashionable black tie and crisp white shirt that styishly covered his model's physique.

You gave him a look of measured approval. You took no issue with his personal appearance; Jonghyun made a good first impression with clients. Neither was you concerned with his social skills; he had a wonderful telephone persona ,though he did tend to answer occasionally as Lee Joon or Jung Min. There was no question ,in fact ,that Jonghyun was a generally able receptionist. Unfortunately ,he was also a...er ,quirky one.

More than once ,for example ,he had attempted to use his position at the ad agency to finagle impromptu auditions with major advertisers. Last week after hearing that representatives from the National Fruit Council would bevisiting ,he'd shown up for work in a giant banana costume. A month earlier ,he'd pulled out a Mr.Microphone ,jumped up on the receptionist's desk ,and crooned "You Light Up My Life" to the astonished president of a local electric company.

CHAPTER 1 PART 2/2 Later !!!