Toxic

Toxic

Suho needed this. He was sick of looking after those 10 overgrown kids day in, day out. Things were hard enough with EXO before Kris left, and his partner’s departure had taken a large toll on his life. Kris and Suho had been together nearly as long as EXO had been, and everyone joked that they were like the mum and dad looking after their 10 children. But, one day, Kris never came home from rehearsals. He called and texted, he was worried sick. But Kris didn’t answer.

 

Kris never answered.

 

Ever since, Suho had been worked off of his feet. He had to keep the kids in check, whilst attempting to maintain their somewhat respectable image. All kinds of misfortune had hit them this year; illness, scandals, and crazy fans taking things too far. Suho rubbed his temples in angst just thinking about it.

 

But tonight was about him. He was on his way to a tiny but highly exclusive club in downtown Seoul. The kids were rehearsing late, but they had decided that their ‘mommy’ needed the night off, as he was growing skinnier and skinnier, and the makeup artists were struggling to cover up his dark circles. The stress was getting to him visibly, and so a night on the town was exactly was Suho needed.

 

He walked into the club, dressed in a simple leather jacket, with black jeans and a loose white t-shirt. A few people turned around to get a better look at him, but so far, no crazy fans. That was one good thing, at least. This club only allowed in the very wealthy and very popular.

 

Heading straight to the bar, Suho considered the idea of getting completely smashed. Looking back at the door, and seeing the crowds of fans waiting outside, he decided it might be better to keep a clear head.

 

“What can I get you, handsome?” A young, male bartender asked Suho when he approached.

 

“Just a soda, please..” Suho strained to read the nametag of the bartender “..Ryeowook.”

 

“No problem, Suho.” Ryeowook winked, and returned with a can of cola. He poured the contents into a tall glass containing ice and a lemon wedge, and added a small coloured umbrella.

 

While Suho drank his soda, the two lapsed into easy banter. Ryeowook had been working at the club since it opened, since he was good friends with the owner. Suho sensed that they had been more than ‘good friends’, but let it slide. Besides, this was the first normal conversation he had had with someone ‘normal’ in about 3 years. It was a refreshing break from the hectic idol life, and for a while, Suho felt just like any other guy, out on the town.

 

Soon, the bar started filling up more, and Ryeowook apologised, rushing off to serve customers. When the rush died down, he asked, “Suho, are you sure I can’t get you something a little stronger? I heard you’re a lover of old whiskey.” He presented a bottle, and Suho gazed at it longingly.

 

He really did love fine whiskey.

 

“Go on then, I give in!” Suho relented, and chuckled as Ryeowook poured him a glass.

 

One glass turned to two, which turned to four. Ryeowook poured vodka into a line of shot glasses, and Suho downed them all in under a minute.

 

By this point, it was late, and the popular club was busy. Just looking around, there were so many famous people. From idols, to MCs, to actors, everyone who was anyone came here when they wanted a break. Ryeowook was rushed off of his feet, so he said goodbye to Suho, and went back to serving customers.

 

Suho looked around at the crowded room, and everything seemed a little fuzzier than before. But he didn’t mind. Tonight wasn’t about analysing everything, it was about letting go, and having some much-needed and hard-earned fun.

 

A song came on which Suho recognized as Come Back Home by 2NE1. He strolled over to the dance floor, and began ‘letting go’. He let his hips sway in time to the beat, and rolled his body sinfully. Even in a room of talented and successful people, Suho’s performance earned quite the crowd. At one point, he -dropped, and the crowd cheered. Someone wolf-whistled. Suho looked up, and he could see Ryeowook watching from the bar. He winked, and Suho blushed.

 

When the song changed, it was a song that Suho didn’t fully recognize. He had heard it somewhere before, but he couldn’t remember exactly where. It was quite slow; a female voice sang the words in English, but with a slight accent.

 

“Too high, can’t come down, losing my head spinning round and round, do you feel me now?”

 

Suho started to move his body in time to the music, mimicking the way in which Sehun or Kai would improvise movements. The beat slowly picked up, and Suho swung his hips along to the tune. He spun around slowly, and locked eyes with someone stood in the doorway.

 

Kris made his way across the room slowly, footsteps in time with the beat of the song. He looked like a model of a catwalk, his freshly dyed black hair hanging over one eye, and a black jacket hung on one shoulder. He shrugged it onto the floor, and kept walking towards Suho, leaving it behind.

 

Suho gulped. He hadn’t seen or spoken to Kris since that night, except for watching the updates about his newest movie. He didn’t even know the real reasons behind his sudden departure. He had so many questions, about him, about EXO… about them.

 

But tonight was a night for letting go. For not over-analysing everything. So when Kris approached, he kept his gaze locked on the taller’s. When Kris stood in front of him, he continued to sway his hips, and when Kris placed his hands on his waist, he didn’t flinch away or cringe.

 

Kris began to move his hips too, and soon the two were entwined, dancing to the slow tune. Their faces remained close, and Suho could feel the other’s minty breath on his lips. Their foreheads rested against each other naturally, and Suho wrapped his arms around Kris, drawing him in closer, so that their bodies were pressed together while they moved.

 

The beat slowed, and Kris leaned forwards a little, brushing his lips lightly against Suho’s. They deepened the kiss, and Kris moved one hand up into Suho’s hair, tugging slightly. The crowd watching them dance dispersed, and tore their eyes away from the scene.

 

“I’m addicted to you, don’t you know that you’re toxic?”

 

Kris pulled away, and his lips slowly. He pressed a finger to Suho’s lips, and took his hand, leading him out of the back door of the club.

 

 

The next thing which Suho remembers is waking up back at the EXO dorm, Kris no longer by his side. A note on his pillow read:

 

“Sorry for leaving suddenly and unexpectedly. Again. I can explain. Meet me later at the club? 7pm, don’t be late. Papa xoxo”

 

There was a number scrawled on the bottom of the note, and Suho reached for his phone, and dialled it immediately.

 

It rang three times, and then a deep, husky voice answered. “Hey babe.

 

Kris answered.


 

“I’m addicted to you, don’t you know that you’re toxic?”


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: thank you so much for reading guys! I can't help it with those two, and I have to have happy endings, Mama $uho and Big Daddy Kreasu need to be happy okay, whether that is with exo or not, I just want them to be happy and healthy ^-^

also can you not just imagine them dancing around to that song, seriously recommend reading this whilst listening to the song I was inspired by, and then maybe you'll see what I mean idk :')

until next time, my lovely readers! ^_^

 

original.jpg