Sunki: Call Me

Sunki: Call Me

She lazed around, flipping through channels on the T.V. She absent mindedly checked her phone yet again, only to be met with a wave of disappointment. He had promised he would call as soon as he landed safely, and according to his itinerary the plane should have landed an hour ago.

She got up with a huff, and stomped her way to the kitchen. Yanking the fridge door open, she peered in. She wasn’t really hungry, but maybe a snack could get her mind off her worry and agitation.

She grabbed an apple and made her way back to the couch, flopping down on it without a care. Just as she picked her phone up to check it, it rang. It’s about damn time, she thought.

“Hello?” she tried to keep her tone light but some of her aggravation still slipped through.

“Sunny? I’m so sorry. My phone died during the flight and I couldn’t charge it until we got to the hotel.”

“Oh really? Isn’t your manager with you? You could’ve easily called, or even just texted me, from his phone.” She knew she shouldn’t drag this out but he worried her so much and she couldn’t calm down, even with him talking to her.

“He’s extremely busy Sun. He’s been working non-stop since we got on the flight. I couldn’t take it from him.” She could hear the exhaustion in his voice. Guilt slowly started to eat at her. He had been on his flight for hours and probably wanted to just sleep already, but he took the time to call her and make sure she knew he was safe and sound.

“No. It’s fine Joong Ki. I-I was just so worried and I didn’t know if something happened to you…”

“Well I’m fine. And I promise, when I get back home, I’ll make it up to you.” His voice sounded as if it was drifting off, but the natural sweetness that always appeared when he talked to her was still there.

“You mean we can…” she trailed off, knowing they both knew what his promise entailed.

“You know, I’m starting to think you have some type of addiction. This can’t be normal.” He still didn’t understand how the pint sized woman could be so passionate about it. Joong Ki had tried several times in the past to wean her off of it, but each time she had given him a pout and refused to stop until he gave her what she wanted.

“There’s nothing wrong with me!” she shouted back indignantly. “Chicken is love. It’s the one thing that will always be in my heart.”

“And what am I?” he shot back.

“My delivery man.”

“Hey, I wasn’t born to order and pick up chicken for you!” 

“Well you’ve been replaced anyway so there’s no reason for complain anymore.” She bit her lip, trying to hold her laugh in.

“What?! Replaced? By who?!” His drowsiness had immediately vanished.

“By someone whose become my close companion while you’re away. People even say we’re like a married couple.” She held the phone away as she let out a few snickers, knowing he was a second away from blowing up.

“Married couple?! What do you think you’re doing while I’m away?! Tell me his name!” His voice got higher and angrier and Sunny couldn’t hold it in anymore. She burst out into laughter, cutting off his rant.

“Wait. Why are you laughing? What’s so funny?”

“I’m sorry. It’s just, hearing you act so jealous is cute.”

“Oh. So my jealousy is humorous to you? Don’t think I’m dropping this. Who is this guy huh?” His voice still had an edge to it.

“Fine. If you insist on knowing, then I’ll tell you. The person who’s taken your spot is…”

“Yes?”

“Tiffany.” She sat and waited for him to blow up one more time.

“Tiffany?” He questioned. “You mean there’s no other guy?”

“I never specified the gender of your replacement, you just assumed.” Her giggling slowly started to die off.

“Well, you can tell Tiffany I will be taking my spot back. Though I’m starting to rethink my promise. That little trick you just pulled-” He yawned, cutting off whatever cross retort he was going to shoot back.

“Too late. A promise is a promise. And I think it’s time I let you go.”

“No I can stay on for a few more minutes.” Though it all sounded jumbled, proving that it was time for them to say their goodbyes.

“You’re tired and so am I, and we both have schedules tomorrow. Besides it’s not like we won’t call each other , right?” even though he was completely forgiven, she still slipped in the question to make sure he knew that little incident will not be happening again.

“You’re right. I’ve just really missed you these past few days. But the sooner I get done here, the sooner I can come back and see you.”

“Enough with the sweetness,” she could feel herself blushing as well as the stupid grin on her face. “I miss you too, and I’m looking forward to that chicken you promised me. Now, good night. I love you.”

“Of course. Chicken. Good night and I love you too.” He responded before finally ending the call.

She sighed and tossed her phone away for the night. Things had definitely turned out a lot more different then what she expected. She closed her eyes, thinking of nothing but Joong Ki and an endless supply of chicken.