2/3

I Don't Like You (But I Can't Forget You)

“Can you help me with these boxes?”

 

“You’re moving yourself in, since you insist on moving into my home.” Luhan crossed her arms as she watched Sehun balance a few boxes with both his hands. The front door was propped open and Sehun had been going back and forth for quite some time already. “How much stuff are you bringing exactly? What about your old flat?” Sehun set down the boxes and ruffled his brown hair, “Sold it. If we run out of space here we can buy a new flat together, besides it was a rental anyways.”

 

“Sold it?” I never said you could officially move into my home.” Luhan frowned as she slammed the front door shut.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll help pay the bills princess.” Sehun muttered holding a wallet between his teeth.

 

“That’s my wallet!” Luhan exclaimed, “It took you this long to give it back?” Luhan snatched it from Sehun’s teeth, “Did you use any money?”

 

“Nope but I did look at your pictures.” Sehun smirked facing Luhan, “Care to explain our first photobooth picture in there?”

 

Luhan’s jaw dropped, “I-I-I!” Sehun swooped in and placed a finger on her lips. “It’s okay I’m flattered by this.” Luhan pouted, pushing him away, “Just move yourself in!” Sehun smiled bashfully before picking up his boxes and heading straight for the bedroom. Luhan flopped onto the couch groaning.

 

“Ma Ma!” Yongsun ran out of his room jumping onto Luhan’s lap. Luhan smiled as the boy squirmed around trying to find the most comfortable position. “Ma Ma!”

 

“Yes baby.” Luhan cooed as she bent down to nuzzle the boy’s nose. Yongsun beamed at this, nuzzling closer to his mother’s warmth. “Ma Ma we should go out and have some fun.” Luhan leaned back, causing Yongsun to whine a little, “Why all of a sudden?” She knew Yongsun hated going out a lot and prefered staying at home, this however was not a trait from her or Sehun, something Yongsun developed on his own.

 

Yongsun bounced a little, “I want to spend some time with you and halapoji hyung!” Sehun walked outside to these words sliding into the space next to Luhan.

 

“I’m happy that you want me here Yongsun.” He grabbed the little boy’s hands, “But I’m your appa not your halapoji hyung.” Yongsun shook his head defiantly, “Nope not till you prove yourself!”

 

Sehun blinked at this while Luhan laughed kissing Yongsun on the forehead, “I taught you well baby.” Yongsun nodded, “We should go to the park.” There was a little park nearby that was walking distance away, when Yongsun was a baby Luhan would take Yongsun to the park to play, it seems that Yongsun was still very attached to the park.

 

“Baby go get your jacket and we can go.” Yongsun nodded before hopping off Luhan’s lap and scurrying away to his room.

 

“Sorry if this is sudden.” Luhan smiled as she watched her baby son run off into his room, “He just seems so happy for once and I didn’t want to spoil it for him.” Sehun turned to look at Luhan who was toying with her hands. Luhan hadn’t changed a bit, she looked as young as the day Sehun first saw her, the only thing that has changed was probably the way Luhan acted. Luhan used to smile alot and act carefree, but the Luhan now only smiled a little bit and acted very tense. Sehun just wanted to see that carefree smile again.

 

“It’s fine, I want Yongsun to see me as a good father you know? Not somebody who can’t care for their family.” Luhan stiffened a bit at these words but looked Sehun in the eye, “Thank you.”

 

“No thank you for blessing me with a beautiful son.” Sehun reached to cup Luhan’s cheek but she was already off the couch and walking to Yongsun who was zipping up his jacket. Sehun sighed, Luhan did not seem to have heard him. He got off the couch grabbing a hoodie before slipping off his shoes and joining the two outside.

 

“So where’s the park exactly?” Sehun asked looking around, he wasn’t very familiar with the area yet.

 

“First we walk through this tree-d pathway and from there we will reach the park.” Luhan explained, “It’s way simpler than you think.” Yongsun bounced a bit grabbing Luhan and Sehun’s hands, “Let’s swing like how Uncle Chanyeol swings!”

 

“We basically just walk with Yongsun-ie swinging between us,” Luhan elaborated, “Just don’t hurt his arms.” She swung the boy lightly at the same pace as Sehun, watching the boy’s feet lift off the ground slightly with each little jump he made.

 

“This is nice.” Sehun commented as they all were swinging on the swings.

 

“It is isn’t it?” Luhan smiled, “I used to come here to clear my mind.”

 

“Look how high I can swing!” Yongsun exclaimed as he kicked his legs up, “I can go higher than you Ma Ma!”

 

“Baby I’m not as good as you.” Luhan cooed lovingly watching her son fly higher and higher. Suddenly Luhan’s swing began moving faster and going higher, soft fingers pushing her back. “S-Sehun?” She turned around to see Sehun pushing her gently.

 

“Hold on tight princess.” Luhan yelped as she suddenly felt immense pressure pushing her forward.

 

“Ma Ma you’re going so high now!” Yongsun exclaimed as he watched his mother soar higher and higher. Luhan gasped clutching the chains of the swing for dear life. “STOPPP!” Luhan exclaimed holding the chains harder. Sehun laughed as he grabbed the chain bringing Luhan to a stop.

 

"Come on Lu where's the girl that would jump off the swings?" Sehun teased gently.

 

"Obviously gone." Luhan answered with a slight frown, "baby let's go to the slides." She slowly began walking over. Yongsun hopped off the swing and scurried to follow his mother leaving Sehun all alone. Sehun shook his head Luhan was not an easy egg to crack twice.

 

                        *

Two weeks later, Sehun didn’t know what to think of when he found Baekhyun sitting at the kitchen table when he woke up.

 

“Wow finally got up huh?” Baekhyun asked bored as she looked up from her phone, “Nice bed hair.” She commented.

 

Sehun groaned running a hand through his hair, “why are you here?”

 

Baekhyun snorted, “to pick up my best friend of course!” She set her phone on the table, “today’s the day of Kyungsoo’s engagement party with Jongin and she’s got to look spot on.”

 

“Wait Luhan hates makeup.”

 

“And?”

 

“Luhan hates dresses.”

 

“And?”

 

“Why is she going with you guys for your little girls thing?”

 

“You don’t know what we do!” Baekhyun exclaimed, “And I have you know for my wedding and my engagement party Luhan was forced into wearing makeup just fine.”

 

Sehun closed his eyes he wasn’t even paying much attention anymore he was too tired.

 

“Sehun I have a question for you.” Baekhyun said gesturing to the seat next to her.

 

A while later Luhan woke up to the smell of pancakes. She didn’t bother to comb her hair as she lazily walked into the kitchen.

 

“Good morning bed head!” Baekhyun yelled.

 

“Baekhyun why are you here so early Yongsun isn’t going to the daycare today.” Luhan asked groggily as she took refuge on the couch.

 

“Did you forgot a certain someone’s engagement party today?” Luhan lifted her head, “NO!” She shrieked as she quickly tried to move away from Baekhyun. Baekhyun laughed, “there’s nowhere to go Lulu not today!”

 

“Baek I don’t want to.” Luhan whined.

 

“Luhan you have to.” Luhan pouted at these words. “Don’t use aegyo on me you dummy I know what you’re thinking!” Baekhyun placed her hands on her hips, “besides your hair is a complete mess and that does not make you cute at all.” Sehun coughed at these words, he thought Luhan still looked cute even with messy morning hair, despite the fact that he too had messy hair, but he decided to keep it to himself.

 

“Get up go eat!” Baekhyun exclaimed as she started tickling Luhan, “we have to do our makeup, get the right dress, and everything!”

 

“Stop!” Luhan cried as she slapped Baekhyun’s hands away, “I’ll get up! I’ll get up!”

 

                        *

“We’ll see you at Jongin and Kyungsoo’s.” Luhan sighed, “Make sure you drop Yongsun off at my cousin’s, you remember Chaewon?” Sehun nodded. “Have fun with Yongsun okay? I left a list of his favorite foods and his nap time make sure he takes his nap. Don’t forget that you need to bring an engagement gift for Kyungsoo and Jongin because we aren’t bringing one together. Don’t give him any soda and-”

 

“Princess I’ll be fine go before Baekhyun honks you again!” Sehun cut her off.

 

“B-but!” Sehun rolled his eyes as he slapped Luhan’s . “Go!”

 

Luhan blushed as she quickly ran off to Baekhyun’s car.

 

"Did your prince charming finally let you go?" Baekhyun teased as she started up the car.

 

"What are you talking about?" Luhan asked feigning innocence.

 

"Don't think that I didn't see him slap your ."

 

Luhan groaned, "just drive to your place."

 

"Mkay Tao, Kyungsoo, and Minseok are meeting us there."

 

"But Tao's a guy."

 

"Let him do what he wants okay."

 

                        *

"Stop!" Luhan screeched as her friends surrounded her, Baekhyun armed with a stick of eyeliner.

 

"I thought you were used to this now." Baekhyun complained as she applied the eyeliner gently to Luhan's eyes. Luhan frowned but remained quiet.

 

"Should we straighten or curl her hair?" Tao asked as he gestured to the two irons sitting on standby.

 

"I think Luhan's dress tonight matches straight hair more." Kyungsoo suggested, "black high low dress and straight hair is always a yes."

 

"You guys should pay more attention to Kyungsoo! It's HER engagement party after all!" Luhan shrieked as Baekhyun applied blush to her face.

 

"Yes darling but you need to show Oh Sehun what he's been missing over these past few years. Besides Kyungsoo has everything planned out already." Baekhyun eyed Luhan, "whereas you can't even tell the difference between lilac and lavender."

 

"It was one time!"

 

"You should never mix those two up!"

 

Luhan sighed in defeat.

 

"Come on Lu now you can woo Sehun again, don't you still love him?" Minseok asked as she painted Luhan's nails for her, "I remember you sobbing for him sometimes."

 

"Well yeah because I was a hormonal pregnant person." Luhan groaned, "but now I don't know what to feel for him."

 

"Just forgive him." Baekhyun suggested. "He really loves you still."

 

"Love isn't eternal Baek." Baekyun slapped her head. "IT IS TO ETERNAL!"

 

"For you and Chanyeol maybe."

 

"Lu you can't give up hope like that." Kyungsoo said softly, "love always finds its way to people."

 

"Well right now my love is very screwed up." Luhan grumbled, "it's not like Sehun has been doing anything to change our relationship status lately."

 

"Whoa Luhan." Baekhyun laughed, "sleeping in the same bed, him slapping your , taking care of you and your son for about three weeks now? He definitely wants you back."

 

"WAIT A SECOND HE DID WHAT?" Minseok exclaimed, "THAT'S SO CUTE!"

 

“Stop!” Luhan thrashed away from Minseok.

 

“Wait no we have to straighten your hair!”

                        *

“Halapoji hyung I like waffles.” Yongsun pointed out as he reluctantly ate the pancakes.

 

“I do too trust me.” Sehun nodded, “but your Ma Ma loves pancakes.”

 

“Ma Ma and her love for pancakes.” Yongsun shook his head, “waffles for life!”

 

“Of course!” Sehun exclaimed, “waffle rebellion!”

 

“Rebellion?” Yongsun cocked his head to the side.

 

“A rebellion is like a war.” Sehun tried to explain, teachers could go more into depth if Yongsun really wanted to know.

 

“Oh, Halapoji hyung is smart!” Yongsun exclaimed as he chewed his waffles.

 

Sehun nodded enthusiastically, "i'm as smart as they come."

 

"More syrup?" Yongsun offered.

 

"Yes please."

 

"What are we gonna do today?" Yongsun asked, "can we get bubble tea?"

 

"You like bubble tea too?" Sehun smiled at how similar he and his son is, "of course we can. Boys day out."

 

Yongsun, just like Sehun, happened to love chocolate bubble tea.

 

“I want a large!” Yongsun cried triumphantly.

 

Sehun laughed, “no, we can’t get a large or else your Ma Ma’s going to get mad later, let’s both get regulars.” Yongsun groaned but nodded nonetheless.

 

*

“Is Sehun here yet?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol for the fifth time, “why is he so late?”

 

Chanyeol eyed his overly eager wife strangely, “no he’s not. Baek you’ve been watching the door for about ten minutes now, what do you want to do with Sehun?”

 

“I want Luhan to knock his socks off duh!” Baekhyun rolls her eyes at Chanyeol’s stupidity, “I didn’t doll her up for nothing!”

 

“It’s Kyungsoo and Jongin’s engagement party.” Chanyeol pointed out. Baekhyun just laughs as slaps Chanyeol lightly.

 

Suddenly, Sehun dressed in formal black clothes enters through the door and takes his shoes off and leaves them at the shoe pile forming at the door. Baekhyun quickly scurries into the kitchen where Luhan is currently talking with Kyungsoo about well Baekhyun doesn’t know. All Baekhyun knows is he's pulling Luhan towards the door and Luhan is stumbling off balance.

 

"Baeek!" Luhan screeches as she trips and falls. Sehun sees this coming and grabs Luhan just in time. It's so cliche how it all turns out. Luhan thinks, she hates cliches because of how cliched the life she had with Sehun was before.

 

"Steady?" Sehun asks and Luhan straightens up. Sehun's shocked with how stunning Luhan looks right now. Sure Luhan is already stunning but, Luhan looks, if he had to define her. Extravagent. "Wow you look gorgeous." Sehun says, the words slipping out of his mouth.

 

Luhan's face falls a little but smiles shyly, "thanks, you look pretty nice too." Luhan slowly walks away leaving Sehun standing there dumbfounded. She feels disappointed that Sehun only finds her pretty when she's wearing makeup and a dress compared to her jeans and bareface.

 

"You idiot!" Baekhyun groans once Luhan is out of an earshot, "why did you say that?"

 

"Say what?" Sehun still doesn't know what he did wrong. But Chanyeol doesn't either.

 

"You basically just flat out told her that she only looks gorgeous with makeup on! She never wears makeup! What are you trying to do make her all insecure again?" Sehun remembers the time when Luhan began to diet. And by diet, he means the heavy dietting that most idols do. Luhan just suddenly stopped eatting which was strange because she absolutely loved eating.

 

"Luhan you're looking really thin." Sehun says worriedly as Luhan takes a seat next to him. Sehun notices the prominence of Luhan's cheekbones and how her wrists are thinner than they usually were. Luhan's wrists were always thin so this was concerning.

 

"That's a good thing!" Luhan exclaims, "I noticed that I was looking a little thicker lately so I decided to diet just a little bit."

 

"But that's not healthy." Sehun states, "also you weren't heavier in any way."

 

"Sehun you just don't understand because you're a boy, don't worry, Baekhyun is fully for this to!" Luhan reassures him. Sehun decides to drop the topic.

 

But a few weeks later it gets bad. Real bad.

Luhan's looking more tired than usual and her skin is more of a sickly pale than her usual tone. Luhan also moves slower than before and doesn't go out much anymore.

 

"Luhan you want to go for some Korean barbeque? A special date my treat." Sehun offered. Luhan shook her head.

 

"I can't possibly finish all that. Besides I can't eat too much meat."

 

"Okay." Sehun has learned to just deal with whatever phase Luhan is going through. Maybe she's becoming a secret vegetarian. Sehun doesn't want Luhan to get upset with him questioning her all the time.

 

During soccer is where it happens. Sehun being the supporting boyfriend he is decided to cheer Luhan on at her game. But he did not expect to see her collapsing to the ground. Collapsing without anyone hitting her. "LUHAN!" Sehun yelled as he ran down the bleachers. Baekhyun who was also present screamed as well.

 

"LU BABY!"

 

"It turns out that Ms. Lu here is dangerously underweight for her height." The doctor says, "she also doesn't seem to be eating any of the nutrients her body needs."

 

Sehun frowns looking and Luhan who looks miserable.

 

"I'm sorry doctor I kind of forgot to eat dinner last night."

 

"What about breakfast this morning?"

 

Luhan bites her lips. She did not even think of eating breakfast.

 

"This is why under my orders you are to gain ten pounds."

 

"TEN?" Luhan repeats loudly.

 

"You heard me."

 

"But that's so much!" Luhan exclaimed. "I'll get big!"

 

"You're dangerously underweight, gaining ten pounds will put some meat on your bones." The doctor explains, "you two." He turns to Sehun and Baekhyun. "Make sure she eats all three meals a day and make sure her portions are hearty."

 

"B-but!" The doctor just walks away.

 

"LUHAN I WAS SO SCARED!" Baekhyun cries as she hugs Luhan close. "I can't believe I let you stop eating! I should've stopped you!"

 

"I'm sorry." Luhan whispered. "I just wanted to get skinny."

 

Sehun doesn't want Luhan to feel insecure ever again.

 

So when Sehun somehow gathered up all the courage to wind an arm around Luhan’s waist he wasn’t surprised when she tried to push him away.

 

“Excuse us.” Sehun says as he drags Luhan out onto the patio outside.

 

“Oh Sehun why did you bring me out here?” Luhan asked as she tries to push away from Sehun’s hold but Sehun holds her waist tight.

 

“I just want to tell you that you shouldn’t worry.” Sehun smiles, “If you’re sad about me calling you gorgeous just because you’re wearing makeup, you shouldn’t be.” Luhan looks at him with glossy eyes. “Because I think you’re always beautiful.”

 

Luhan laughs, “Sehun I’m fine there’s no need to worry.”

 

“You sure?” Sehun asks, “I just wanted to make sure.”

 

"Sehun. I'm serious I'm not the same person anymore."

 

Sehun smiles a little, "I know, and I'm proud of how strong you've gotten. But I miss you." For the first time since he's been back in Luhan's life he's finally admitted that.

 

"I know." Luhan admits, "I-I missed you too."

 

"Then can we?" Sehun implies, leaning closer to Luhan's face.

 

"Sehun it might not be the best idea." Luhan says shaking her head, "I mean with everything that's been done can we really go back to normal?"

 

"Yes." Sehun quickly says. "It doesn't matter that we've grown apart because. You're the only one in my life that I love."

 

Luhan's eyes widen as Sehun closes the gap between them. Luhan's missed this feeling of Sehun but she hates to admit that. Her instincts tell her to push him away. This man broke her heart. But her heart says that he never meant to.

 

"LUHAN!" They jump apart. "LOOK WHO'S BACK TOGETHER."

 

"Baek!" Luhan exclaims, her face tinted pink, "can you not do these kinds of things?"

 

"Aw you two are back together now." Chanyeol smiles, "we cool now Sehun?"

 

"We were always cool Chanyeol." Sehun rolls his eyes and coughs a little. He's a bit embarrassed himself.

 

"Ah I'll leave you two alone." Baekhyun singsongs, "dinner's ready whenever you two are done."

 

Luhan sighs once the two "idiots" how Sehun addressed them as were gone. "Sehun I-" She's cut off by Sehun who connects their lips once again. Luhan loses herself this time and closes her eyes and just soaks in how much she's missed this feeling. The feeling of flying and her heart thumping.

 

"Yes princess?" Sehun asks as he pulls away.

 

"I-I think that we could start over." Luhan concludes. "I think it's time to do what I want to do rather than what my brain tells me not to do." Sehun smiled leaning in to kiss Luhan again. Luhan pulled away. Sehun frowned.

 

“I want to go eat.” Luhan whined.

 

“Ugh princess.” Sehun groaned with a smile. “Let’s go then.” He said with a smile.


Finally.


gOODNESS this was a monster to write. Omg I kept thinking to cut it short but this is a three shot so it took even longer! its approx 3,000+ words and took 11 pages of a document oh gosh! Anyways thank you all for your kind comments and I hope I've replied to all of them because each comment makes me smile and it's truly amazing that you all like my story :)

 

Anyways I've also started some new stories so if you wanna check it out you can, they're all HUnhan mains. and I have more in the works, I'm planning on having a sports series: swimming and Ice skating and a wolf au and How to Train Your Dragon so expect those! (Lol but I still have classes) They're all in the works so please look foreward to it :)