Perfection

Perfection

"Define perfection."

 

Lay blinks in confusion and walks over to me, leaning his forehead against mine. "Jagiya, are you okay? You don't seem to have a fever..."

 

Pouting, I lean away and shake my head slightly. "Yah, what's wrong with me asking an innocent question? I just wanted to see what 'perfection' means to you."

 

Chuckling, Lay places a chaste kiss on my lips and ruffles my hair. "Okay, okay, I got it." He grins and goes back to the kitchen, resuming with the preparations for dinner. "Well, it depends on the person's view of things, right?"

 

"Yup, that's right." I nod and tap the pencil against my chin, notebook open on my lap with the pages completely blank, save a few doodles here and there. "But I want to hear your opinion on it, so spit it out, Lay."

 

"Hmm...that's a bit hard to explain." Lay bites his bottom lip as he slices the ingredients before plopping them into the stew over the fire. I'd jump over there and help him in a heartbeat, but after cutting my finger and almost causing a fire while I tried to cook spaghetti for our first monthsary, I'm officially banned from the kitchen's premises until further notice - which is probably never. "Perfection... doesn't necessarily mean being flawless."

 

Arching an eyebrow, I scribble Lay's words on the notebook quickly. "That's interesting. Go on."

 

Lay hums a familiar tune as he places the last of the ingredients into the stew and starts stirring it, adding some salt and spices. I recognise the melody as our song and find myself smiling while humming along with him. "Tell me what the dictionary says about perfection, then."

 

Flipping over to the previous page, I read our loud, "Perfection : the condition, state, or quality of being free or as free as possible from all flaws and defects."

 

"That sounds about right. Why can't you use that, jagi?" Lay asks as he scoops some of the stew up to taste.

 

"Because I want to know your idea of 'perfection'," I groan frustratedly as I place my head in my hands, rubbing my face in exasperation. "Because your views are always different; always refreshing, always new and always, always the better way to view things at."

 

"Really now?" Lay smiles amusedly and beckons me over to the countertop. Abandoning my notebook and pencil on the coffee table, I trudge over as Lay takes another scoop of soup and offers it to me.

 

"Try this and tell me what you think."

 

Without another word, I drink the soup and close my eyes in satisfaction as a burst of flavours overwhelm my taste buds.

 

"It's great! As always, Chef Lay," I chuckle as Lay scratches his cheek in embarrassment.

 

"Okay, okay, save the compliments for later. So the soup tastes great, but it's not perfect, is it?" As I open my mouth to protest, Lay hushes me with his index finger, and continues, "because it feels like it's lacking something, right? That's because you prefer your soup sweet with a hint of spiciness to it. But to me, this soup is perfect, because it's the first recipe I learnt from my grandma." Lay smiles as nostalgia takes over him and he cups the side of my face, caressing my cheek as he recalls the fond memory. "It was also the first dish I made for you. So you see, perfection is how a person views something. To me, perfection is the things that hold a great value in my heart, and it doesn't matter if there are a million flaws in them, because I love all these little things and I will treasure them for all eternity." Lay pulls me closer to him and kisses me softly, his lashes tickling me as I press my lips against his, deepening the kiss. He pulls away shortly and smiles at me, tucking a stray strand of hair behind my ear. "Just like you. You're absolutely perfect to me."

 

Blushing deeply, I wrap my arms around Lay's waist and lean against his chest, sighing contentedly. "Why are you such an amazing guy?"

 

Lay laughs and caresses my hair, looping his other arm over my waist as well. "I am what you want me to be, and I will continue to be that as long as you stay with me."

 

Pulling away slightly, I look up at Lay and smirk at him. "Wow, and since did you become a poet?" Waggling a finger in the air, I grin at Lay teasingly as he desperately searches for the right words to retort with, cheek flushing a deep pink. "Zhang Yi Xing, have you been keeping things from me?"

 

"I--" Pecking his nose to silence him, I giggle as Lay pouts a little and nudges me with his nose. "Yah, jagiya... that's not funny."

 

"Well it is to me because you're the cutest most perfect boyfriend I could ever ask for." Pinching his nose playfully, I tighten my hold on Lay and place a kiss on his neck, causing a little squirm from my handsome angel. "Happy Birthday, baby. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, Zhang Yi Xing, and you'll always be my definition of perfection for all eternity."

 


 


It's short, crappy and overall really sloppy at the end. I'm so sorry Q^Q

I might edit it later when i feel like it -3-

But

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHANGSHA'S PRINCE ZHANG YI XING, EXO'S ONE AND ONLY LAY~

 

There have been instances where people think Lay's existence in EXO is useless, and I read somewhere that a 'fan' wrote/told Lay that he is useless and that EXO does not need him. That is totally wrong because I believe that out of all the members, it's safe to say that Lay cares about the fans' wellbeing the most. He wrote a song dedicated to the fans saying 'thank you' and that without the fans, Lay would be not where he is today, on stage with the rest of EXO. Lay is an absolute angel who cares about the other members' wellbeing as well and he is important to the group because he's the main dancer together with Kai (Lay being the main in EXO-M), he can play the guitar and piano even though he can't read musical notes, he can compose songs as well as answer questions for interviews really well so never say that Lay is useless. He cares about the fans so much that one of his instagram posts has a caption in Thai to thank the Thai fans whom he visited. If you still think Lay is 'useless', I suggest you tell that to SM and 'replace' Lay if you can. Lay is an amazing person and he deserves all the love for being such so selfless, caring and thoughtful. Happy birthday again, Angel and I hope you'll be able to achieve all your dreams one day.

 

张艺兴, 你是长沙的小王子, 也是我们歌迷 EXO-L 的天使。希望你有一天可以实现你所有的梦想。别气馁哦! 我们都在支持你! 还有, 健康是最重要的, 所以劳累了就得休息哦。被担心我们歌迷失望, 因为只要你快乐安康, 我们就安心了。生日快乐兴兴哥~! 终于23岁啦~ (・ω・)ノ