Finale

Awkward

It’s another autumn day in Seoul and as the weather becomes chillier, it gets tougher for the trainees to get up out of bed at 6:30AM to begin their practices.

Jackson enters the JYP building with his signature grin despite the cold weather outside. He greets the staff members he meets along the way to the practice room and even hums along a little tune he’s heard on the radio that morning.

He stops dead in his tracks when he finds that his usual room already occupied.

Normally, Jackson would not mind sharing the room with another trainee. However, this particular trainee has always had something against Jackson – or so he thinks.

Mark has always been an enigma to Jackson – someone he can’t understand. They’ve known each other for two years now and every conversation and interaction has somehow been…awkward. Just painfully awkward. And Jackson could never understand because deep down, he’s always had admiration for the older trainee.

They make eye contact when his eyes meet Mark’s in the practice room mirror and Mark stops dead in his tracks.

They stay like this for a few moments – Mark staring at Jackson through the mirror, Jackson just staring back at him.

Mark snaps out of it a few seconds later, opting to turn off the radio.

“If you need to practice, the room is all yours,” he mumbles to Jackson, refusing to meet him in the eyes.

For some reason, Jackson decides that he can’t take it and won’t take that today. So before Mark can even leave the room, Jackson lunges forwards and pushes Mark against the practice room wall.

“J-J-Jackson what are you doing?” Mark all but stutters, trying to look at anything but Jackson.

“Enough is enough, hyung!” Jackson cries out desperately. “Why do you hate me so much?”

For the first time since they’ve met, Mark takes a look at Jackson’s puppy eyes directly and his breath hitches.

“What do you mean, Jackson? I don’t hate you. What makes you think I do?”

Jackson tries his best to stay tough but his lips begin to tremble and his eyes begin to water. “You never look at me. You never talk to me. Ever since I got in as a trainee, you’ve never once acknowledged my existence. And it hurts, hyung. It hurts because I’ve always admired you. You’re just so amazing and I can understand someone like you finding it difficult to notice someone like me but hyung, please don’t push me away and please don’t hate me.”

Mark shakes his head, smiling at Jackson despite his tears. “Jackson...you’re crazy.” He then takes this moment to wrap his arms around Jackson’s waist, pulling the man impossibly closer. “Jackson, you say that I am amazing but have you noticed how amazing YOU are? You’re kind of perfect. I’m sorry that I am awkward around you. It’s just that every time I come near you I get shy and I don’t know what to say or do. I like you, Jackson Wang. I really do.”

Jackson grins, wrapping his arms around Mark’s neck.

They have a lot to talk about…and couple things to do that doesn’t involve talking…but that will have to wait because as soon as Mark cups Jackson’s face and leans in, the practice room door slams open. A barely awake Youngjae walks in, pushed inside the room by an angry JB, ranting about how he hates the early morning and about how much rest he needs.

Soon, Jinyoung follows with a very hyper Bambam and Yugyeom.

They all stop dead in their tracks, looking at the very compromising position that Mark and Jackson is currently in.

The room stays eerily quiet before Bambam pipes in, “Hyungs, please remember: cover your stump before you hump.”

This is how the whole room erupts in howls of laughter, Mark and Jackson wanting to die in mortification.

*~*~*~*~

A/N:

My first Got7 drabble and...I'm sorry. LMFAO