The Boyfriend Tag

The Boyfriend Tag

“Do I really have to do this?” He whines for the millionth time that morning, it’s not that you’re counting but he has been whining with the same question for over 10 minutes. You’re sitting on his lap with a piece of paper in your hand and a pen; you place them both down and drag your laptop on the table closer to you.

 

“Quiet,” You mumble as you search for something on your laptop, when you find it, you click on it. You open a new tab on an old window and type in a sentence on Google search. The other tab has a paused YouTube video that you just finished watching. When you find what you’re looking for on Google, you pick the paper and the pen. You scribble down the questions on the paper and try to ignore as your boyfriend nibbles your ear and neck.

 

“Are you done?” He asks in a bored tone, you lean into him and let out a yawn. You nod as you pat his arms that are currently wrapped around you.

 

“Then let’s go to bed,” He suggests, you shake your head and he groans, “Why not?”

 

“Because we have to do this.” You say, we don’t really have to but whatever, you think with a shrug. You look at the time and you puff your cheeks.

 

 02:56AM

 

You grab the video camera beside the couch on the coffee table and turn it on and get it ready.

 

“What were you writing?” He questions as if he doesn’t know.

 

“Some questions I need,” You answer him, “Ready?” You smile and turn to him, you give him a peck and you look back at the camera.

 

“Don’t I get to the read the questions?” He panics; you shake your head firmly.

 

“That’s called cheating!” You exclaim as you skim the questions.

 

“It’s called practicing,” He murmurs, he tries to look over your shoulder but you hide the paper.

 

“Sorry but no, you’re going to have to use your brain.” You brush your hair behind your ear and turn to him, you fix his hair and pinch his cheek, “Don’t worry, I know you’re gonna screw up anyway.” You say as if it’s nothing with a shrug.

 

“Why are you making me do this?” He scoffs.

 

“My YouTube subscribers want to see the person I wake up next to, alright?” You glare at him, “And that person is you. You’re doing this.” You say, your tone holding no room for arguments, he rolls his eyes at you and you playfully punch his arm.

 

You turn back to your laptop and click on the record button, “Hey, guys! It’s me again *insertyoutubenamehere*! I haven’t made a video in so long because of my busy schedule” WooHyun snorts at the word busy, you roll your eyes at him, “Anyway!” You exclaim loudly, “So some of you have sent me a lot of requests – most of you want to see who my boyfriend is and well, the title says it all,” You pause, you can see Woohyun at the corner of your eyes, he’s just blinking at the video camera like a robot.

 

“Well, the guy I’m currently sitting on is him – I need to warn you about something,” You go closer to the video camera and wink, “He’s bit slow,” You whisper, not caring if it will be heard or not.

 

“Meet WooHyun but I call him Wool because it’s cute and because he is really warm!” You turn to WooHyun and you urge him to say hello, “Come on!” You roll your eyes, “He’s not shy – he just wants to annoy me.” You get off his lap and sit next to him, “I want you guys to get a better view of him,” You tell the video camera with a wink.

 

“I’m WooHyun, king of cute – ” You cut him off with an annoying laugh.

 

“No, baby, don’t do that in public.” You slap his hands from his face before he does his cute baby gesture. You straighten the piece of paper you have in your hand and you clear your throat. “Time for the questions!” WooHyun shrugs and waits for you; you can see his eyes dropping. He’s either bored or sleepy but you’ll go with the first. “He gets easily bored,” You tell the video camera as though you’re talking to someone and look back at your paper, not looking from it you ask, “Where did we meet?”

 

“The mall, I was shopping for some clothes,” He answers with a grin, you nod at him with a bright smile. He remembers! You spazz in your head. Only because shopping was involved, your smile drops.

 

What was our first date?” You question and stare at him; he falls silent and looks from you to the camera.

 

“We went out shopping,” He finally answers.

 

“That’s right,” You giggle, “He bought me this!” You lean in and brush your hair from your neck to one side and show off the pretty necklace you have on. “Did you know I was the one?” You ask as soon as you lean back to your previous position.

 

“You’re not the one yet,” He says, you glare at him and sigh.

 

“Thanks, jackass.” You pout, “First impression?”

 

“I don’t remember,” He answers, you raise your eyebrow.

 

“Wasn’t it important to you?” You stare at him and he stares back, he shakes his head.

 

“Not really,” He tells you after a long pause, why am I with him again? You think.

 

“…” I hate you, Wool. “When did you meet the family?”

 

“On your birthday – a year ago but her mother was my professor back in college so I guess I met a member of her family before I got to know her –”

 

“Babe, you’re rambling,” You interrupt him, “Do we have a tradition?” He shakes his head.

 

“Yes, we do,” You say.

 

“No, we don’t.”

 

“Yes,”

 

“No,”

 

“Yes, we do Nam WooHyun!” You exclaim, he rolls his eyes at you and nods at the video camera, “Thought so,” You say and clear your throat.

 

Who said I love you first?” You inquire, you don’t remember yourself but you hope he did know the answer to that.

 

“I don’t know,” He coughs, you let it slide.

 

What do we argue about that most?”

 

“Money. She claims that I over use money on clothes –”

 

“Yes, you do,”

 

“No, babe –”

 

“Buy something usefu – Next question.” You end that there because you know you’d both keep going. “Who wears pants in the relationship?”

 

“We both do,” He answers.

 

“That’s right,” You nod, “I’m sitting in front of the TV, what am I watching?”

 

“ – what?” You give him a look and he shuts up.

 

What is my eye color?” You ask and close your eyes so he won’t cheat.

 

“Won’t tell you,” He says to the video camera.

 

“Oh my, you don’t know my eye color!” You accuse him with your eyes shut.

 

“Yes, I do!” He snaps.

 

“No, you don’t.” You smile at the camera after opening your eyes. “Who is my best friend?” You ask.

 

“Me.”

 

Wrong. What is something that you do that I wish you didn’t?” You play the sides of your paper and wait for him to answer; he’s taking his sweet time.

 

“…” He opens his mouth and closes it again, “A lot,” He nods to himself, you roll your eyes.

 

What is my heritage and where am I from?” You pout.

 

“I won’t tell you,” He tells the camera, “Comment on what you think her heritage and – ” You interrupt him. “You bake me a cake for my birthday. What kind would you make?” You giggle at the question.

 

“I’d buy her one, not bake.”

 

“I hate you.”

 

“I hate you too,”

 

“This is supposed to be a cute video!” You snap at him and sigh in frustration, “Sorry, guys, it’s now past 3AM and we’re both tired but we have to do this because I promised you guys I would. Excuse his annoying behavior.”

 

Do I play any sports?” You turn to him; he turns to you and pecks your lips.

 

“Does P.E count?” He inquires, you shake your head, “Then never mind.”

 

What could I spend hours doing?” He smirks at you.

 

“Talking to me and of course, cuddling.” He places his head on your shoulder with a yawn.

 

What is one unique talent that I have?” You his hair, since that is the last question; you put the paper down and kiss his forehead.

 

“Loving me is a talent.” He chuckles, you laugh and peck his cheek. You turn back to the video camera and pick it up. You wave at it and blow an air kiss, “Thanks a lot for watching! We are going to bed now, wish us a good – ” WooHyun grabs the video camera and turns it off. You glare at him but you know that it automatically saves.

 

“Cuddle time?” You nod with a roll of your eyes.

¤¤¤¤

Thanks for reading and I hope none of you were confused LOL btw this wasn't edited