First Morning

Confession

It was hard living like this.

Falling in love with one you knew you wouldn’t ever be with.

And that was exactly happened to me.

 

She was one with stunning figure yet innocent aura, men swarmed her like ants did to sugar.

Her hair fell right under her shoulder. She had dark brown-eyed with long eyelashes, twinkling everytime she blinked. She wasn’t that tall, but the skinny figure she had made her look so.

She rarely wore skirts, but she did today. She checked herself on the mirror, which actually unnecessary since she always looked beautiful in every clothes she wear. She sprayed vanilla-scented perfume on her wrist, as she always did, before wearing her favorite bracelet.

That brown, rod-like, bracelet with star pendant hanging on it.

The one she got from her boyfriend.

 

Well, she did have boyfriend, but it didn’t stop me to watch her from afar, as I always did in every morning.

You could say I was one of those stalkers, but she never said so.

 

“You are the only loyal partner I have”, she said one day as she ruffled my head. I just responded happily to her action with one big smile, spread from ear to ear.

 

It was always peaceful to hear her voice the first time in the morning.

 

“Taehyun-ah! You are here again?”, her happy voice echoed as she closed the front gate. I was too busy with myself and didn’t realize that she was finished with her preparation. She bent down to me and ruffled the back of my hair, smile spread on her face. I closed my eyes as her soft hands went through my hair back and forth. Oh how I loved this moment.

 

“Were you here all the time? I always found you standing here in front of my house the first time in the morning? Were you waiting for me?”, she bombed me with many questions, which also unnecessary since she already knew the answers.

 

Yes, I was here all the time.

And yes, I was waiting for her all the time.

 

She usually talked a lot more as she took me to walk with her.

But today, she didn’t.

She, instead, dusted her skirt and stood up. She repositioned her bag and walked backward, away from me. I just watched her with disapproval look. Where was she going?

 

“Can’t play with you now, gotta meet Yoonjae”, I raised an eyebrow at her sentence. Yoonjae? Her boyfriend? So she was going on a date with her boyfriend.

 

Bye Taehyun! See you this afternoon and I promise I’ll tell you good stories!”, she said as she waved. I frowned, but looking at her happy face, she must have been waiting for this meeting. She rarely went for a date with her boyfriend ever since he got accepted in different school to her. I couldn’t help but to put a small smile on my face, responding to her wave. She smiled back and wave her hand even faster.

 

“By the way, go back to whoever your owner is, Taehyun! I bet you made them worried!”, she said lastly before she turned her back on me and walked further. I smiled and gave her a loud happy bark.

 

Yes, a bark.

 

And yes, you were talking to a dog now.

 

When I wake up, I don’t like mornings without you,

It feels like something’s empty

I want to put you by my side and look at you so only I can have you,

I want to give myself to you baby