Alarms

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Although he may not look it but Yoongi’s a pretty decent guy, overlooking his rogue-ish looks and trouble-maker status in high school, he’s cleaned up quite a bit for college and could proudly call himself among the ones to ‘succeed’ after they’re released from the suffocating burden of tertiary education. He aces most of his classes, given they’re the subjects he actually pays attention in and he just recently (see: 3 hours earlier) finished an important assignment for one of his music classes. After working himself to the brink of consciousness, he rewards himself, as with all tasks he has accomplished (regardless of how big or small) with a long fulfilling rest. But as of late there has been a hindrance to his polished self-rewarding system.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

That. That was the war cry of the morning skies as it warns the innocent nightly souls of the arrival of their great shinning leader; that was the annoying tug of consciousness on his dead log of a body and that was the annoying anthem he has to hear every ing morning. Ever since his building manager allowed freshmen to live in the few remaining free rooms, Yoongi hasn’t been able to have a proper night’s rest; which isn’t really surprising if you consider the fact that his ideal day starts at noon. But nevertheless, it’s ridiculous to him as to why anyone would want to wake up at the crack of dawn unless they plan to move out.

Beep! Bee—

“Ahg” He groans as the annoying beeping stops, signaling that owner of the damned thing has risen. Silence once again envelops the room and he could feel his head sink deeper into his pillow and his sheets cling onto him as the comfort of his bed returns to its full potential. It isn’t long before Yoongi’s knocked out once again and won’t be heard from until his Photography class later in the day.

The next day:

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Having slept at an acceptable time the night before, Yoongi is deep in his slumber as the alarm begins its tedious job of waking up young men for their day-to-day activities. With his white shirt riding up his pale flat stomach and a hand resting precariously close to the waistband of the boxers he slept in, Yoongi couldn’t be more un-amused as the sound of what must be a blaringly loud alarm sails though their floor/ceiling once again. He s around for his phone amongst the strewn blankets around him and checks the time: 5:32 am. If he could afford a replacement he would’ve thrown the device out the window.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Sitting up and glaring daggers at the floor of his cramped room, it seems as though the owner of the alarm is also in a deep slumber which pisses Yoongi off because he would very much like to continue his. Grabbing one of his pillows and wrapping it around his head to muffle the sound worked for only a few glorious moments before his arms began complaining.

“Ah, it.” Hauling himself off his comfortably warm single bed, he singled out a black beanie amongst his vast collection and stomped as loudly as possible out his door. In the hallway the beeping faded but in the back of his mind it still rings and this motivates him to bang his fists on the door of his oblivious neighbor.

“Listen kid, you better have a good ing reason—“ Yoongi felt a warm palm press to his mouth and opened his eyes wide enough to take a good look at the male in front of him, before letting the rest of his words falter.

He never knew the building admitted fetuses until he laid eyes on the boy sleepily rubbing his free hand against his eyes. He couldn’t be any older than 17 and letting his eyes wander further the boy clearly had something to prove hence why from the neck down his body should be considered illegal for someone that young to have. Being shirtless doesn’t help either.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Here Yoongi find himself being called from the depths of slumber by that blasted alarm yet again. He’s wearing a similar ratty white shirt but a different pair of boxers, which he will realize later on, isn’t really his to begin with and instead of getting up he swats his pale hand annoyingly at the tanned chest pressed insistently behind him.

“Turn it off, brat” He pushes at the other’s shoulder and there’s a groan but eventually the alarm is slammed off and arms envelop Yoongi’s body once again. He was on the verge of falling back to sleep when a soft voice interrupts him.

“Hyung, I’m hungry”

What follows is a series of soft, shy kisses on Yoongi’s neck and fingers tickling the expanse of skin visible on his side. Yoongi wonders again why his building manager allowed freshmen to move into their building.