Final

Fortune Cookie

To say that Jiho was only slightly jealous of Jihoon would be a lie.

 

Jiho, Jihoon, and Taeil had decided to take advantage of their free schedule by going out for Chinese. Jiho really should have figured he would become the third wheel, yet he was still surprised when Jihoon spent nearly the whole time poking, talking to, and praticaly flirting with Taeil.

 

Why do I even care? Taeil is just another band member, another friend. If Jihoon wants to bother him, why don’t I just let him?

 

Yet his heart said something different. His heart told him that he, Woo Jiho (of all people…), was, if not in love, then interested in one of his fellow Block B members. And it was Taeil...ing Lee Taeil.

 

Jiho, while Jihoon poked Taeil with his chopsticks, grabbed one of the fortune cookies that had been sitting at their table for quite some time now. He bitterly cracked it open, took the fortune out and set it aside on the table, and took a bite of the cookie.

 

Once he had eaten all of it, Jiho just didn’t know where to set his eyes. He couldn’t stare at the girl at the counter for too long (do you even like girls?) without the cops being called. He didn’t want to just stare at the table. He definitely didn’t want to stare at Jihoon or Taeil. He didn’t need them catching onto his feelings, thank you very much.

 

So, out of boredom, Jiho decided to check out his fortune. When he picked it up and read it, the first thing he wanted to do was laugh. Seriously, why did ‘Don’t let the person you like get away. They may be the one you are looking for’ have to be the one he got?

 

Maybe you should listen to it.

 

Jiho shook his head to show himself how stupid that idea really was. Then he got the other boy’s attention and said he was going outside to wait in the car. He didn’t wait for a reply and practically ran to Jihoon’s expensive car. It was only when he tried to open the passenger door did he realize that he forgot to ask Jihoon for his keys. Jiho leaned against the car feeling defeated.

 

“Forget something?” Jiho opened his eyes to see Taeil coming his way, Jihoon’s keys in his hands, and a smile on his face. Jiho smiled back, took the keys from Taeil’s small hands, and unlocked the car.

 

“Do you care if I take the front seat?” Jiho asked.

 

“No, that’s fine.” Taeil shrugged his shoulders.

 

“Good, because I would have sat in the front even if you had said yes.” Jiho smiled as Taeil laughed. And, even though Jiho had opened the door to get in, the both of them just stayed where they were.

 

Are we going to have a moment? Jiho laughed at himself for thinking such a thing. But, when he turned to Taeil, he thought that maybe it wasn’t such an idiotic thing to think. When he saw the smile cover Taeil’s face, he just couldn’t think of anything he would want to see more. Seeing Taeil like this was causing him to get all soft, causing him to do things he didn’t really want to or plan to do.

 

Like leaning forward to lightly set his lips on Taeil’s.

 

When he pulled back, he didn’t dare look at Taeil. Didn’t want to see if the kiss had been appreciated or not. Didn’t want to face rejection. He just kind of wanted to forget it ever happened.

 

“What...what was that?” Taeil’s soft voice squeaked out.

 

Damn...so much for forgetting about it. “I’m just doing what the fortune cookie said. Who am I to stand in the way of fate?” Jiho shrugged, still not meeting Taeil’s eyes.

 

Instead of having to explain further, Jihoon, who had been in the bathroom, finally came out of the restaurant, a wide smile on his face. He jumped over to his two friends and didn’t even notice the semi awkwardness between them. He instantly held onto Taeil, but Taeil didn’t respond to his flirting the same as before. Taeil seemed more reserved now.

 

Jiho smiled as he climbed into Jihoon’s car. Maybe he had planted the first seed of love in Taeil’s brain.

 

Jiho cringed at the words he had just thought. Damn, liking Taeil is making me more cheesy.


But, despite being disgusted by his own thoughts of his band mate, he still felt his heart flutter when Taeil smiled at him while climbing into the backseat. Maybe that kiss wasn’t for nothing after all.