S'mores and Kisses Pt 2

Two Boys, One Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was up and shinning brightly in the sky but the Kim's summer house was filled with anything but happiness and warmth. For starters, the gang was still asleep with the exception of Krystal. She bundled herself up in the blankets and tried to block out the annoying chirping birds outside of her window. A minute passed and she could not take it any longer. She had to pee, eat some breakfast to settle her gurgling tummy, and scare away the birds who incessantly were stubborn upon not wanting to leave.

She kicked off her blankets, stood up to get a light stretch in, and yawned lightly. She readjusted her hair so it was in a messy bun and padded down the stairs towards the bathroom to brush her teeth and pee. After she was done, she walked downstairs to the kitchen and to her surprise, found out she wasn't the only person who was up early at the wee hour of seven am. L's backside greeted her as he rummaged about through the refrigerator.

She did not want to startle him so she slowly pulled out the island chair and took a seat onto it, successfully gaining his attention. " Oh," was all he said. She crossed her legs and leaned forward. " Do we need to stock up on food?" she asked. 

He flicked his bangs to one side and shrugged. " Nah, we've got plenty to last us through today. Are you hungry?" At his words, her stomach rumbled on cue and she turned a bright red under his playful gaze. He bit his lip to keep in the bubbling laughter and turned away so she wouldn't be embarrassed. " What do you want to eat? Western or Korean?" He asked. 

" Honestly, a toasted bread would do wonders too," she replied and he chuckled. " Can you cut up some strawberries?"

" Yeah sure," she said by hopping off the stool and making her way towards him. As she got to the job of cutting up the fruit, she found her gaze straying away once in a while to look at L. He worked quietly in a comfortable silence whereas she felt extremely restless. What was going through his mind? Did he feel anything when she spoke to him? How much did he like Irene? Were they happy? The important questions got caught in her mind and she decided to shake them off.

She had Kai.

L had Irene.

But, why did that not satisfy her? What more was she looking for than the sweet Kai who had accepted her back into his life after she walked out without a goodbye? " Yah, you're bleeding!" L's shocked tone made Krystal drop the knife and look down at her finger to see blood oozing out. " What could be so important that you didn't even see that you cut yourself?!" He grabbed a band-aid from a nearby cabinet and brought her hand into his.

She gazed at him softly as he blew on her finger and then struggled to keep her hand steady in his. He applied pressure to her cut and she let out a small yelp. " Sorry," he said with worry and her eyes wandered to his lips unconsciously. " No, I'm sorry. I wasn't looking-"

" Damn right you weren't." He cut her off and checked to see if there were any more injuries. " Thank you Myungsoo," Her breath was soft on his face and he looked up to meet her eyes. He desperately wanted to do something but Kai's voice made him drop her hand and take a step back. " You're such an idiot," Kai said, wrapping his arms around Krystal's shoulders.

" Thanks dude," he gave L a smile and the latter smiled back. He then rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly to watch Kai lean in to give Krystal a morning kiss on the cheek. She slightly pushed him away with a hand and greeted Irene who stood in the hallway. " Myungsoo, babe, why don't we just drive out and pick up something for everyone?" L narrowed his eyes at her words and Irene urged him to play along. He glanced at Kai whose arms were s around Krystal's waist with his face hidden in the crook of her neck.

L tore his eyes away from the couple in pain and nodded at his 'girlfriend'. " Sure, let's go pick up some food for everyone." And with that, he walked away quickly with Krystal worriedly staring after him. The action of L slipping his hands into Irene's went unnoticed by Kai who was too busy whispering into her ear. Krystal gulped and simply tried to pay attention to whatever it was that Kai whispered. 

 

" I don't know if I can do this," Jungkook growled as he attempted to lift Seulgi back up off the ground. " So you're backing out of the challenge?" Suho grinned at the boy who wanted to accept defeat but his pride got in the way again. " No," Jungkook's voice held less strength and determination than before but he pushed off the ground into a push up and then slowly pulled back down.

Suho's eyes widened when he realized that Jungkook counted from one to fifteen with Seulgi sitting on his back with worry. The push-up contest had merely been a playful game but had turned into a fierce competition once Jungkook challenged Suho to lift Wendy fifteen times. He had easily done it while Jungkook struggled a bit more, unable to calculate Seulgi's body mass.

Krystal watched from the side lines and chuckled to herself. " Why do boys indulge in such childish banters?" She clucked her tongue and Irene smirked. " Maybe because they are children, themselves," she replied. Krystal and Irene sat by the shoreline, tanning their milky white skin while watching the others. Woohyun had Jessica occupied by the water as he tried to fish for shells in the sand. Kai and L tossed a frisbee back and forth while laughing.

" Irene-ah, do you want to help me cook for tonight?" asked Krystal. She was curious of the girl L had finally settled upon and could not help but let out a bitter smile whenever she looked in his direction. " Sure! By the way, you can call me Joohyun. That's my real name," she offered. " And you can call me Soojung," Krystal replied.

" Whoa, watch out!" The girls barely registered Kai's voice when the frisbee smacked Irene in the face and left Krystal's mouth gaping open as the girl fell backwards onto the sand. The boys quickly rushed to their side and Kai helped Irene onto the chair. " I am so sorry," he breathed with a scared expression. L looked at Irene whose cheeks tinted red while a red spot was beginning to form on her forehead. " I am fine, no need to worry." Irene reassured but Kai was having none of it. 

" Myungsoo, I'll take her in for some aid. Can you keep Soojung company?" he asked. L was more than happy to talk to her but he needed to see if she would get jealous. " I can take my girlfriend and you can help me." L stated and wrapped his arm around Irene's shoulder to usher her towards the house. Kai bit his lip in guilt and Krystal stood up to follow the couple. " It was a mistake. I'm sure she isn't mad," Her words made him crack a smile.

 

" Does it sting?" asked L. Irene shook her head. He then leaned in to blow on her forehead and she leaned back quickly. " Wh-what are you doing?" she asked, perplexed. L shushed her and continued to apply ice to numb the area. He leaned in further to whisper, " They are watching us. You want to make Jongin jealous, right?" With a nod, L took hold of her hand and intertwined their fingers. " Good, now follow my lead." He told her and they made their way towards the porch where a worried Kai sat with Krystal in his lap. It broke L's heart to see them have intimate moments so naturally and Irene squeezed his hands as a distraction. 

While L was hurting, Irene was too. She could see how happy Krystal made Kai. And that hurt the most. 

" She's feeling a lot better and is ready to kick your at volleyball!" L challenged Krystal with a risen brow and a small smile formed on her face. Kai on the other hand looked anything but fine. " I am so sorry! I did not mean to hurt you! I will be more careful and-"

" Oh shut up, will you?" Irene playfully nudged him and he chuckled. " Fine," he muttered. " So, who is ready to get their whooped at volleyball?!" L yelled and he could hear Suho, Jungkook, and Woohyun cheer in the distance.

Ten minutes later, the teams were set. The game was an exciting play with Kai's team winning just a point ahead. Just as before, it was major deja-vu. Jungkook grinned at his cousin after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter