Chapter 3

What? I’m the new SM Ent. Sajang-nim?

1900 hours

Exo’s house

 

Jongin is feeling weird seeing how Soo Ri seem to be in her own world despite being with the whole group. He then decide to approach her, taking a seat next to her on the couch, he then said, “What are thinking so hard about? You seem so distracted, even in the car earlier. Is there anything bothering you?” Kris and D.O. who heard Jongin’s word also approach their dongsaeng and voice the same concern. “It’s nothing, oppadeul. It’s just that I saw Soo Man Samchon earlier at the company. He looks so distressed. I pity him, with imo’s recent passing and the trouble with his company.” Soo Ri answered. D.O. then voiced out, “I know right? I pity him so much with all the things happened. But we all know his ability, I’m pretty sure he’ll get through this just fine. Don’t burden yourself with so much thoughts Soo Ri-ah.” Kris then agreed, saying “D.O. is right Soo Ri-ah. I’m pretty sure samchon will do just fine. Stop stressing yourself with all those thoughts.” Soo Ri just stayed silent after.

A shriek is then heard from Tao’s room few seconds later. Tao suddenly appear with his tablet pc on hand, saying “Kris gege, Gucci is releasing their new collection. Can you please buy me this bag? Please???” along with his infamous buing buing aegyo. Kris who can’t resist Tao’s aegyo then just sigh and said, “Fine Tao, gege will buy you that okay? Just stop the aegyo please?” Tao then jumped around the house and ran towards Sehun who was seated on the couch, saying, “Hah! You see that Sehun! Only I can get Kris gege to do that! You lose the bet! Come on, pay up!” Kris who heard the whole sentence, yelled to Tao, “Huang Zitao, how dare you use me for bet? You too Sehun!  So that’s why you were bugging me to buy that stupid game of yours? You two are so dead!” Kris then chase the two around the house along with the maknaes girlish shrieks.

Soo Ri just laughed at the scene and shook her head saying, “Those two idiots, they’re just seeking for their own death. Tsk tsk.” Jongin who was still sitting next to her can’t help but smile at her happy expression. D.O. who witness the whole thing thought to himself ‘Just how obvious Jongin is? He’s so in love with her. And until when does Soo Ri be oblivious to his feelings? You two are just as stupid as those maknaes.’

Suho appeared in the house carrying few boxes of fried chicken and pizza, shouting, “Guys, I brought food, come down here now!” Hearing this, the boys and Soo Ri then step into the dining room seeing the feast Suho had brought. Soo Ri then approach Suho, hugging him and said, “Thanks for the food oppa. You’re the best!” chimes of gratitude is then heard from the other boys, thanking Suho for the dinner. The house is for once become silent, as everyone just gobbles down the food.

After dinner, the two maknaes, Sehun and Tao were ordered by Kris to clean up as punishment for their mischief earlier. The others proceed to the living room and set up for their movie night. This is a tradition the boys and Soo Ri had since middle school, they always spend their Monday night together and watch a movie together. Tonight they decide to watch The Maze Runner as Chanyeol has been bugging them to watch it.

Throughout the movie, Soo Ri kept on fangirling over both Thomas and Minho. Seeing this irks the boys especially Jongin who can’t hide his sour expression and kept mumbling around. The other boys chuckled at how obvious Jongin is acting and how oblivious Soo Ri is. As the movie ends, some of the boys already deep in sleep and snoring away. Soo Ri decided to just to sleep over as she too is feeling tired to bother to head back to her home. Soo Ri as usual sleep in Jongin’s room, in the spare bed the boys prepared for her.

 

 

0830 Hours

Samsung Group Building

Soo Ri is seated at her desk, going through some documents when a knock is heard on her office door. Jimin steps into the room and said, “Soo Ri, the president asked you to come to his office. He said that he has something urgent to discuss with you. I already postponed the appointment with the finance department. I think you should go see him now.” “Oh really? Okay I’ll head there. Can you just send these three files to their respective department?” Soo Ri replied. Jimin nods to her request and retrieve the files.

Soo Ri then heads to her father’s office on the 7th floor and knock on his door. Hearing his approval, Soo Ri then proceed to enter the room. “Jimin told me you’re looking for me, dad. What’s the matter?” Soo Ri asked. Her dad then answered, “I’m pretty sure you’ve heard what happen too your Soo Man Samchon company right?” “Yes, I did hear some stuff. And I also saw samchon here yesterday. Was he here to see you dad?” Soo Ri said. “Yes, he was here to see me. You know how close I am to him, right? (Soo Ri nods.) Well, he told me something yesterday and showed me this (Soo Ri’s dad showed SM’s financial stats to Soo Ri.) As you can see there Soo Ri-ah, your samchon’s company is at brink of bankruptcy now. That’s why, he has asked me, as his friend to help him this time, for us to purchase SM and all their subsidiary as well. And after discussing it with your chageun samchon (Suho’s father, Soo Ri’s dad’s younger brother), your Woo Bin oppa and your mom, we’ve decide to help your Soo Man Samchon. But, you know that your oppa can’t leave this company, right? (Soo Ri nods.) So, appa has decide to ask to be the sajangnim of SM after we made the purchase. What do you think about that, Soo Ri?” Soo Ri’s dad informed her.

 Soo Ri’s thought ponder around for a while, thinking about her father’s request. “Honestly, appa… I do feel this request is quite burdensome given the fact that we’re talking about SM, one of the biggest entertainment agency in South Korea, but then I do want to help Soo Man samchon with his troubles. But honestly, I don’t have the confidence appa. Why can’t chageun samchon do it instead? I mean he’s more capable than me.” Soo Ri expressed her thought. Soo Ri’s dad then said, “I know it’s burdensome Soo Ri-ah. But your uncle has his own company to take care of. Besides that, all of us, believe you can do this, Soo Ri-ah. For the past 13 months you’ve worked with appa, you’ve done nothing but helped this company to grow. That’s why appa believe in you, Soo Ri-ah. Think about it okay? Appa will give you till tomorrow to decide about this. But I hope you’ll do it, my daughter. Please have more faith in yourself okay?” “Alright appa. I’ll think about it. I’ll take my leave now then.” Soo Ri’s dad nods and Soo Ri steps out of the room.